Resource icon

Enhanced User Interface v1.29i

I need some help.
I was directed to use this mod by another mod creator S-Man for mod Fantasy Army (V5). Because when I played in single player with all dlc it worked fine Fantasy Army (V5). But when I used it in multiplayer with someone with base game no dlc the sliding bar for tech tree was missing with Fantasy Army (V5). This mod did work I checked in base game no dlc in single player. It made slider reappear but it has caused another issue now by installing this mod.
I use MPPatch - Easy Modded Multiplayer to play modded multiplayer. This mod has removed that mod key function. when you go to mods menu choose mods with MPPatch - Easy Modded Multiplayer then next screen should be to choose multiplayer or single player now game skips straight over that and goes to game set up with this mod installed.
So I need to know what files to remove in UI_bc1 to get mods section back to base game to have that window pop up again.
tyvm for help.

I have this problem with the interface that it does not show any options for unites like sleep settle etc. Basically I can just move around. I have the latest version of the game but I am using NQ mod. I have played the game both with nq mod and user interface (older version) and the worked just fine. Now I have no idea what the problem.

Attachments

• 20181214153008_1.jpg
    20181214153008_1.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 406
  • 20181214153014_1.jpg
    20181214153014_1.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 371
Just an FYI to anyone who's recently had trouble with EUI not showing up. The Dec 5th update with the new launcher broke EUI for me on vanilla BNW, Windows 10 64 bit. I fixed it by opting into the legacy beta using instructions that were posted on the steam forums here: https://steamcommunity.com/games/CivilizationV/announcements/detail/1719709266092440822. I'll repost the instructions here for convenience. Big thanks to mR_kAt, pedal_pusher and GMMan_BZFlag.

Easier option - Opt into the legacy beta
Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/civ/comments/9ywzbz/psa_you_can_disable_the_new_civ_5_launcher_by/
  1. Open up Steam and navigate to your LIBRARY.
  2. Right click on the game in your library and choose "Properties."
  3. Selected the "BETAS" tab.
  4. In the text box to "Enter beta access for to unlock private beta:" enter the password "ineedlegacyaccess".
  5. Click on the "CHECK CODE" button.
  6. You should see a confirmation message that access has been granted.
  7. If not already selected in the drop down, select "legacy" and click close.
  8. Steam may require you to download and update for the game. Wait for this to happen or force it using "LIBRARY -> DOWNLOADS".
  9. Once the game has been updated, click "PLAY" as usual and you will be running the legacy branch.
Alternate option - Revert to the December 15, 2014 version of the game
Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/611h5e/guide_how_to_download_older_versions_of_a_game_on/
  1. Open the Steam Console
  2. Run the command download_depot 8930 8931 2566665288019907120
  3. Note the download location, should be ...\steamapps\content
  4. Move the Civ V game files to some backup location
  5. Replace the downloaded files into the original Civ V location

Hey, I'm getting loads of crashes on the latest version of the mod and game. For the majority of the time, a save reload fixes and it carries on until the next crash. However it has now refused to continue past a certain turn. When I removed the mod the turn went through, the first action that happened after where it normally crashed was Germany signing a research agreement with Ethiopia. Here is my Lua.log: https://pastebin.com/0gk7dQ9c

Let me know if you need any other logs, I am going to try and use the legacy version or just play painfully without the mod for now! Thanks for maintaining this for so long, it improves the experience of the game tenfold!

the log you have posted do not show EUI being active at all. Are you sure it is installed properly (see instructions) ?
Yeah, it was all working, just crashing. Installed the legacy version in the exact same way and it runs fine. Maybe I could try installing it again, maybe something did go wrong?

I am using the latestest beta version your mod and I getting a Tree icon showing up in all the forest tiles.

I am only using this mod and Ethinic Diversity mod from Steam. I also cleared out the cache folders and what not in my Docs to eliminated any other things. I don't know if Civ uses any log file to help with you finding the problem, if so let me know where I can get them.

Hi, I just installed v1.29beta28 and when I start a game I am unable to select my units.
I combine it with the TAKMOD v2.0. Any idea what might cause this?

How hard would it be to move the Diplomacy list (the one on right with Leaders and Citystates) to the left side of the screen where City and Unit lists are, since I don't really use them? I like the Diplomacy list but hate how it takes space from notifications and clutters the vicinity. I'm using the version that comes with Vox Populi mod.

Hey! I've been having some issues with the latest version. It keeps crashing especially during wars. I've used both the latest version and the legacy one on two different computers the latest month and I've only had issues while playing with the beta one. Any way you could help me?

Not working at all for me. Tried the legacy version too. is there something you're supposed to do to activate it?

EDIT: Figured it out. Steam had somehow split the game files into two different libraries.

Last edited:
Hey, I’m running the old stable version of EUI (1.28g I think) and once I start to hit turn 100-150 the game starts to have some really annoying graphical issues. It’s just icons getting replaced by black and red/gray glitchy looking boxes. It does this for some things in the tech tree, great work icons, antiquity site icons, and so on. Nothing game breaking but super annoying to see so much useful info glitch out. Do any of the 1.29 betas fix that issue, or does anyone know any fixes? I’ll add some screenshots in the next few hours showing the issue

Hello,
I`ve got an issue and I`m wondering if there`s anyone who can help me. The thing is, when I discover any ancient ruin and when I explore it with any unit, it just doesn`t show up on my screen. I mean the reward popup. Becouse of this I don`t know what I gained from ancient ruins. I also use other mods, like Ancient ruins expanded, cultural diffusion, Cultural Capitals, Civ IV diplomatic features and other.
PS. I tried turning on and off ,,show reward popup" in options, but it didn`t work.

windows 10, running BNW with no mods other than EUI. The beta version was preventing me from right clicking on "adopt policy" through several games. replaced with stable version, no other changes, and I can save policies again.

everything works perfect even with the new update of civ v, using windows 10.
any way to change the tiles preview for settler and city border to 5 instead of 3? using larger cities mods.
thanks.

There seems to be a bug with the latest version. A vignette is present on the sides of the screen which is a bit annoying.

Attachments

• 20190217133048_1.jpg
    20190217133048_1.jpg
    378.8 KB · Views: 354
Last edited:
A small feature suggestion.

When hovering mouse over the building which you are going to build in the city view, the tooltip windows of the building would pop up. This tooltip window would list the Nuke Immunity, Capture Chance in the first two sentences. I find this behavior quit bothering. The tooltip should show the most important information in the top. Instead the tooltip show some very basic tutorial information, “Click on a building would put the building into the build sequence”, first. And then the window shows the nuke immunity and capture chance secondly. The real benefit of the building is behind these two.

My suggestion is to move the tutorial information on the bottom of the tooltip window and move the nuke immunity and capture chance below the actual benefit of buildings. So, player can see directly the benefit of building the building without no essential information distracting the focus of players.

Top Bottom