Resource icon

Enhanced User Interface v1.29i

Don't know if someone else has done this, but this mod works on the new Linux release by renaming all files/folders to their lowercase equivalents and dropping in the DLC directory. Wrote a script to install from the zip at https://gist.github.com/mjkoo/0eb70888b6085b3f65f5 .

Awesome job on the mod!

Thanks for the script. There's an error on line 10 though. SteamApps is supposed to be lowercase: "~/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Sid Meier\'s Civilization V/steamassets/assets/dlc" :)

There's a UI folder in whoward's DLL mod, deleting it cleared the yield bug issue for me.

Being a fairly new civ5 player, i really miss the adviser recommendations on the tech panel, trying to disable the tech tree by deleting the folder does not work for me, i do get the tech panel but get a blank tech tree screenshot: http://prntscr.com/5lndrq on brand new games as well as loading old saved ones.

When using this awesome mod I no longer get any tooltips. Already tried setting the delay time to 0 seconds. I also tried removing the "PlotHelp"-folder. Does anybody else experience this behaviour?

I finally broke down and downloaded the most recent version of EUI. I love it, but the one thing I miss (unless somebody can tell me where to find it) is the list on the right-hand side of the screen, when you open up the icon that shows the # of turns left until the WC vote, that lists the Civs and their scores followed by all the CSs with their influence bars. It's the window that you could then click on the top left button to go to Diplomacy and the top right button to go to the WC.

Hey great mod! What files do I need to delete to remove the yellow "buy tile" interface that shows when in city management?
I find it a bit hard to view.

I tried deleting this instance and restarting and it removed the "buy tile" buttons but now it doesn't show the units and buildings or the city output on the left side of the interface.
Spoiler :
<!-- Buy Plot Button to show up on tile -->
<Instance Name="BuyPlotButtonInstance">
<WorldAnchor ID="BuyPlotButtonAnchor">
<Image Size="45,45" Anchor="C,C" Texture="45x45BaseFrame.dds" >
<Image Size="64,64" Offset="3,3" Anchor="C,C" Texture="NotificationTilePurchaseAni.dds"/>
</Image>
<Button ID="BuyPlotAnchoredButton" Size="45,45" Anchor="C,C">
<ShowOnMouseOver>
<Image Size="45,45" Anchor="C,C" Texture="45x45BaseFrame.dds" />
<FlipAnim Size="64,64" Offset="3,3" Columns="15" Anchor="C,C" Speed="20" Pause="0" StepSize="64,0" FrameCount="15" Texture="NotificationTilePurchaseAni.dds" />
</ShowOnMouseOver>
<Label ID="BuyPlotAnchoredButtonLabel" Anchor="C,C" Font="TwCenMT20" FontStyle="Stroke"/>
</Button>
</WorldAnchor>
</Instance>

I finally broke down and downloaded the most recent version of EUI. I love it, but the one thing I miss (unless somebody can tell me where to find it) is the list on the right-hand side of the screen, when you open up the icon that shows the # of turns left until the WC vote, that lists the Civs and their scores followed by all the CSs with their influence bars. It's the window that you could then click on the top left button to go to Diplomacy and the top right button to go to the WC.

Click the Globe Icon in upper right corner (where the number of turns to next WC meeting is displayed).

Is there any way to re-enable the tech panel and production panel instead of having to go into the tech tree/ full city screen

I recently purchased a win8.1 std. x64 tablet and installed Civ V (G&K and BNW) and all is well. I then try adding mods, so I install infoaddict with seemingly success. Then I installed EUI as infoaddict didn't have all of the info I wanted.

Now, the games constantly crashed to desktop after 10-20 turns.

I searched the thread with no real help for my issue. And skimmed the EUI forum with no help either.

Anyone know what's going on?

I installed InfoAddict from the mod page in the game. I couldn't seem to find EUI in-game and had to download it and manually install it. It seems installed fine, as far as I can tell all the features are working as intended. It looks awesome.

I hope someone can help me get this going. I really need this mod to even play.

Thanks in advance
-=Mark=-

Click the Globe Icon in upper right corner (where the number of turns to next WC meeting is displayed).

I'll try that again when I get home from work. But I'm pretty sure the last time I did that it just opened up the World Council screen.

EDIT: It does open up the Diplomacy window, which isn't the same as the one I was looking for, but it'll have to suffice.

I started using EUI a few months ago. It worked great and there were no bugs that I could see. However, tonight I downloaded the most recent patch for Civ 5 and v1.24e of EUI. As far as I can tell, no part of the EUI DLC is working for me anymore.
I am not using any mods. I have verified the integrity of game cache through Steam and nothing has changed.
Platform: PC
Game version: v1.0.3.279
EUI version: v1.24e

entire lua.log
Spoiler :
[24127.723] Initializing Lua 5.1.4
[24247.531] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[24247.531] InstalledPanel: GetModBrowserListings()
[24247.609] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[24247.609] InstalledPanel: GetModBrowserListings()
[24305.049] CivilopediaScreen: SetSelectedCategory(12)
[24305.049] CivilopediaScreen: CivilopediaCategory[CategoryTerrain].DisplayList
[24305.236] CivilopediaScreen: SetSelectedCategory(1)
[24305.236] CivilopediaScreen: CivilopediaCategory[CategoryHomePage].DisplayList
[24307.560] Tutorial: Loaded Additional Tutorial checks - Assets\DLC\Expansion2\Tutorial\Lua\TutorialInclude_Expansion2.lua
[24307.560] Tutorial: Loaded Additional Tutorial checks - Assets\DLC\Expansion\Tutorial\lua\TutorialInclude_Expansion1.lua
[24310.103] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\DLC\Expansion2\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\ConfirmImprovementRebuildPopup.lua
[24310.103] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\DLC\Expansion2\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\DeclareWarMovePopup.lua
[24310.103] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\DLC\Expansion2\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\PuppetCityPopup.lua
[24310.103] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\DLC\Expansion2\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\DeclareWarPlunderTradeRoutePopup.lua
[24310.103] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\DLC\Expansion2\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\DeclareWarRangeStrikePopup.lua
[24310.103] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\ConfirmImprovementRebuildPopup.lua
[24310.103] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\NetworkKickedPopup.lua
[24310.103] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\CityPlotManagementPopup.lua
[24310.103] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\ConfirmCommandPopup.lua
[24310.103] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\MinorCivEnterTerritoryPopup.lua
[24310.103] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\LiberateMinorPopup.lua
[24310.103] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\ReturnCivilianPopup.lua
[24310.103] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\AnnexCityPopup.lua
[24310.103] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\DeclareWarMovePopup.lua
[24310.103] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\BarbarianRansomPopup.lua
[24310.103] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\ConfirmGiftPopup.lua
[24310.103] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\ConfirmCityTaskPopup.lua
[24310.103] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\PuppetCityPopup.lua
[24310.103] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\DeclareWarRangeStrikePopup.lua
[24310.103] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\ConfirmPolicyBranchPopup.lua
[24310.103] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\MinorCivGoldPopup.lua
[24311.133] EconomicGeneralInfo: Total Units - 21
[24311.133] EconomicGeneralInfo: Maint Free Units - 9
[24311.133] EconomicGeneralInfo: Paid Units - 12
[24311.180] EconomicGeneralInfo: Total Units - 21
[24311.180] EconomicGeneralInfo: Maint Free Units - 9
[24311.180] EconomicGeneralInfo: Paid Units - 12
[24312.568] ChoosePantheonPopup: -269
[24312.568] ChoosePantheonPopup: 963
[24312.568] ChoosePantheonPopup: 694
[24312.771] EspionageOverview: Refreshing My Cities
[24312.818] EspionageOverview: table: 4EF6EBF0
[24312.818] EspionageOverview: TXT_KEY_SPY_STATE_MAKING_INTRODUCTIONS
[24312.833] EspionageOverview: table: 4EF6EEC0
[24312.833] EspionageOverview: TXT_KEY_SPY_STATE_RIGGING_ELECTION
[24313.161] ChooseIdeologyPopup: -269
[24313.161] ChooseIdeologyPopup: 963
[24313.161] ChooseIdeologyPopup: 694
[24314.924] AdvisorInfoPopup: Closing Advisor Info
[24314.924] Demographics: Dequeuing demographics
[24314.924] Demographics: Dequeuing demographics

Edit: I started up Civ 5 today and everything was working fine. Not sure what the problem was yesterday, but it seems to have resolved itself.

I LOVE EUI, I updated to v1.24d a bit ago and I noticed that the adviser's panel is no longer accessible. While I do have over 150+ hours, a newbie amount in comparison to others, is there a way to reactivate the adviser's panel? I really like the suggestions and humor offered.

I LOVE EUI, I updated to v1.24d a bit ago and I noticed that the adviser's panel is no longer accessible. While I do have over 150+ hours, a newbie amount in comparison to others, is there a way to reactivate the adviser's panel? I really like the suggestions and humor offered.

I had problems with this at first too. If I remember correctly, you have to click on your civ's icon in the civilization ribbon.

I love this mod very much. Everything is perfect. Thank you so much for the hard work.
There is one small problem however, the tile information(type of tile, improvement, yield..etc) needs more time to appear. It used to appear instantaneously. Now it needs 3-4 seconds to appear.
If there is a fix for this it would be perfect.
A very nice mod overall and very satisfying one.

Is it possible to remove a "map un-centering" on reload?
Basically, as you explore throughout the one session, a map is gradually expanding with the Capital at the center of it. But after unlocking the full-size one, it switches to "default" view on reload, where your empire can be at the "edges" of it, which could be quite annoying.

I love this mod very much. Everything is perfect. Thank you so much for the hard work.
There is one small problem however, the tile information(type of tile, improvement, yield..etc) needs more time to appear. It used to appear instantaneously. Now it needs 3-4 seconds to appear.
If there is a fix for this it would be perfect.
A very nice mod overall and very satisfying one.
You can define number of seconds to appear in the game options menu.

I just want to build on this question, because I find it distracting to have all of the tiles with those coins on them. I also spent over an hour trying to mess around with the CityView xml files to try and remove these graphics, but I had the exact same problem as ImperialSteeze here. I understand that this addition was recently added in version 1.24e (I believe). So if nobody knows how to remove these Buy Tile Buttons through the xml files, then if there's a version history where I can download 1.24d then I will gladly do that instead. Thank you for your time.

Hey great mod! What files do I need to delete to remove the yellow "buy tile" interface that shows when in city management?
I find it a bit hard to view.

I tried deleting this instance and restarting and it removed the "buy tile" buttons but now it doesn't show the units and buildings or the city output on the left side of the interface.
Spoiler :
<!-- Buy Plot Button to show up on tile -->
<Instance Name="BuyPlotButtonInstance">
<WorldAnchor ID="BuyPlotButtonAnchor">
<Image Size="45,45" Anchor="C,C" Texture="45x45BaseFrame.dds" >
<Image Size="64,64" Offset="3,3" Anchor="C,C" Texture="NotificationTilePurchaseAni.dds"/>
</Image>
<Button ID="BuyPlotAnchoredButton" Size="45,45" Anchor="C,C">
<ShowOnMouseOver>
<Image Size="45,45" Anchor="C,C" Texture="45x45BaseFrame.dds" />
<FlipAnim Size="64,64" Offset="3,3" Columns="15" Anchor="C,C" Speed="20" Pause="0" StepSize="64,0" FrameCount="15" Texture="NotificationTilePurchaseAni.dds" />
</ShowOnMouseOver>
<Label ID="BuyPlotAnchoredButtonLabel" Anchor="C,C" Font="TwCenMT20" FontStyle="Stroke"/>
</Button>
</WorldAnchor>
</Instance>

I like that I can buy plots and check plot prices without changing the screen. But I also think that the display gets quite messy.
Maybe not colouring the buyable plots would clean it up? Then we could also change the colour of unworked tiles back to yellow.

I just want to build on this question, because I find it distracting to have all of the tiles with those coins on them. I also spent over an hour trying to mess around with the CityView xml files to try and remove these graphics, but I had the exact same problem as ImperialSteeze here. I understand that this addition was recently added in version 1.24e (I believe). So if nobody knows how to remove these Buy Tile Buttons through the xml files, then if there's a version history where I can download 1.24d then I will gladly do that instead. Thank you for your time.

I, too, dislike the "coins" and use version 124d, which is attached here.

Attachments

• EUIv124d.zip
    163.8 KB · Views: 122
Top Bottom