Resource icon

Ethnic Diversity (R.E.D. Unofficial) v.29 beta 5b

Hi, can someone help me to install this mod?
I apologize for the confusion. Quick answer: Ethnic Diversity (the second) is the latest, but if you're looking for the R.E.D. scaling, then you'll have to stick with the semi-official one for a little while longer.

I'll try to limit confusion as much as possible in the future, but the history is confused. Plus the plan was going to be to offer a lot of options, so... :mischief:

Also does the scaling down of the units would mean that each turn takes longer because more units die per attack?
Turns don't take longer at R.E.D. scale because those little guys all die at roughly the same time (though it does require a bit more horsepower from your graphics card, so if your computer's borderline you may want to keep to the larger scales).

I'm still using v28 (and have tried to, and hopefully succeeded in incorporating the art from v29, but for some reason it won't load after the Iroquois file. I can't see anything wrong with the files, so it's driving me a bit insane.

Attachments

• SQL.zip
    114.3 KB · Views: 126
Some quick questions regarding Ethnic Diversity.

Learning about the Vox Populi mod got me into playing Civ V again, and I saw a streamer using the old R.E.D. mod which brought me to here (because R.E.D. by itself doesn't effect all the new units added in VP). As it stands, is this in-production Ethnic Diversity mod going to work with Vox Populi and its new units (like Field Guns, Diplomats, Light Tanks, etc.) "out of the box" or is it designed to just work with vanilla Civ V? I don't currently know Jack about modding Civ V, but I'm considering learning if it means I can get all of these great ED models to work without a hitch while playing Vox Populi. The unit scaling of the original R.E.D. would be a nice cake icing, but it's the diverse units models that really interested me in looking up this mod.

Cheers!

I'm still using v28 (and have tried to, and hopefully succeeded in incorporating the art from v29, but for some reason it won't load after the Iroquois file. I can't see anything wrong with the files, so it's driving me a bit insane.
I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to look at this for you, Skaz. I quickly checked Iroquois and Japan, and they both looked OK. Believe me, I feel your pain. Have you given up by this point?

As it stands, is this in-production Ethnic Diversity mod going to work with Vox Populi and its new units (like Field Guns, Diplomats, Light Tanks, etc.) "out of the box" or is it designed to just work with vanilla Civ V?
It shouldn't break anything, and since there's no scaling, you won't have those inconsistency issues with the VP units. There just won't be any diversity for them (though there's a number lacking diversity in the base game). Now that you mention it though, danrell has enough tanks I could probably make some diversity for the light tank line, at least...

It turned out to be a typo in the Afri SQL.

Hey everyone.
Sorry to bother, but I would really appretiate if someone would kindly clarify on a couple of matters. (Question about this mod included)
First of all, I'am a complete newb. Just installed the Civ 5 yesterday, and tried multiplayer with a friend.
Immediately though that it needed moding, and went on the jorney to find some.
First I looked for gameplay changes, and found "NQ mod" and "Community overhaul". Not sure yet, but probably will try "Community overhaul" since it sounds more solid.
Found it's DLC version here:https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/dlc-modpack-and-43-civ-version-repository.609278/
And looks like it works fine.
And then I've stumbled upon R.E.D. mod, and eventually came here.
So, do I get it right, and this is the latest version of the mod, which adds new models to the game?
Can it be used alongside with the "NQ" or "Community overhaul"?
It there a DLC version for multiplayer, or do I have to try some shamanic incantations described here:http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=361391109
to make it work for multiplayer?

Sorry for lots of question.
Thanks in advance.

So, do I get it right, and this is the latest version of the mod, which adds new models to the game?
It's a newer version with more models, but it doesn't (at the moment) include the rescaling and formation changes that are R.E.D.'s hallmarks.

Can it be used alongside with the "NQ" or "Community overhaul"?
FYI the second mod you mention is "Vox Populi" formerly known as "Community Patch Project". So, yes, it can, though as mentioned above any units those mods add won't have ethnic diversity unless they reuse existing art defines.

It there a DLC version for multiplayer, or do I have to try some shamanic incantations ... ?
MPMPM's shamanic incantations would be required at the moment. Eventually I'll get around to putting one out once I finalize a release (and unlike MPMPM won't have to re-create the entire database). However, my time is at an extreme premium at the moment [and frankly even when I do have a few moments, the release of Civ6 has kind of taken the wind out of my motivational sails since a large portion of this mod's audience has likely moved on], so I'm not sure when exactly that may be.

Hey, Nutty!
Thanks a bunch for the explanation! Really appreciate it.

Actually, I've tried to use MPMP just an hour ago. Step by step as written in that manual on steam.
I got the folder in my DLC directory, but it just doesn't seems to work, for some reason.
Started a new game for Zulus, and they had vanila warrior model at the beginning.

Do I have to do it for Vox Populi too, so they end up in the same folder?

[and frankly even when I do have a few moments, the release of Civ6 has kind of taken the wind out of my motivational sails since a large portion of this mod's audience has likely moved on]
Hey it's not like CiV was just up and abandoned. There's still thousands more playing it than Civ 6. Most of those that dropped 5 for it are objectively choosing an inferior game just because it's new (besides the glorious modders that are trying to fix it).
Too bad most of them seem to think that Steam Workshop is the epitome of modding for some reason. The Community Patch is going strong with 24000 subs, even though it was released after Civ 6 on steam.
Hey, Nutty!
Thanks a bunch for the explanation! Really appreciate it.

Actually, I've tried to use MPMP just an hour ago. Step by step as written in that manual on steam.
I got the folder in my DLC directory, but it just doesn't seems to work, for some reason.
Started a new game for Zulus, and they had vanila warrior model at the beginning.

Do I have to do it for Vox Populi too, so they end up in the same folder?
You have to load in all of the desired mods with MPMPM at once. You can't have more than one modpack at a time, I think.

the problem I reported previously was caused by the future worlds era mod I think... I browsed the thread and I saw you and the modder of future worlds actually discussed the compatible issue. do you still plan to add future worlds support in the near future? I know it would be awesome if you actually make it happen because right now this mod is already superb! Hopefully we can get more news regarding on this mod very soon, and if you actually take my idea into consideration, it will be much appreciated. again, Keep up the good work!

Hey it's not like CiV was just up and abandoned. There's still thousands more playing it than Civ 6. Most of those that dropped 5 for it are objectively choosing an inferior game just because it's new (besides the glorious modders that are trying to fix it).
Too bad most of them seem to think that Steam Workshop is the epitome of modding for some reason. The Community Patch is going strong with 24000 subs, even though it was released after Civ 6 on steam.
Exactly! Civ 6 is just to raw, to play in right now. I do understand that moders do want to concentrate on it though.

You have to load in all of the desired mods with MPMPM at once. You can't have more than one modpack at a time, I think.
Thanks man! Will give it a try.

as far as I know, England is missing models (or graphics) of galleon, and field gun in the game with the enlightenment Era mod. this bug tends to crash the game. Hopefully you may fix it as well. Sorry, I have no knowledge of modding, but I would love to do what I can to make this mod works perfectly.

Alright, so I 've tried to use MPMP on Vox Populi and Ethnical Diversity. Unfortunately it didn't work well for me.
Started for Zulu, and got a transparent texture warrior, which crashed the game on interaction with barbarian.
If I'm using Vox Populi as DLC, and ED as mod it works. But at the same time, I've noticed that the game tends to crash more often, and about the same turn.
I have a feeling that there somewhere, another invisible unit interacting with something.

I've been always a fan of cultural specific unit mods and I'm glad I found this up to date mod! :)

I'm in a game with next mods:

-Really advanced setup + The civ groups extension
-No future units
-Faster aircraft animations
-R.E.D. smaller landmarks

and of course this mod.

The strange I now notice is that when in strategic view sometimes no icons or wrong icons are displayed for units (player and other civs).
e.g. my Babylonian warrior has the icon from a modern armor :)
However on the normal map alles looks ok

Could it be a conflict or this mod?

The strange I now notice is that when in strategic view sometimes no icons or wrong icons are displayed for units (player and other civs).
I haven't looked to confirm, but I would guess that No Future Units is deleting rows without cleaning up after itself appropriately (see this thread).

I haven't looked to confirm, but I would guess that No Future Units is deleting rows without cleaning up after itself appropriately (see this thread).

Thank you for your feedback Nutty. This evening I gonna have a look.
I must say I forget to mention that I tried the same save game without your mod activated and then the strategic view was ok. Thats why I was thinking maybe post it here. But I too gonna test with this other mod maybe it's a conflict. To be honnest my knowledge of modding is very small.

I did some test Nutty.

loaded the game with No Future Units and without your mod and all looks ok
And for double check I started a new game as Babylon with only your mod and again the icon for the warrior is that of a modern armor in SV....
I also did a test on my first savegame by exchange your mod with red's one and too all seems ok....

Or there must be some wrong on my end but I should not know what...

Anyway I appreciate many the work you have done with this mod!

Top Bottom