Europa Europa: European Empires Mod

Well, I am thinking about the Hungarian UU...

What comes to mind is the "famous" horse archers of the Hungarian tribes that in the time about settling the home in the basin of the Carpathian in the 9.-10. century, made huge attacks on Western Europe.

So, therefore the UU could be a version of the horse archer,
maybe with better withdrawal and/or move...

Getting there on the complete list. Nice job guys. Once AG releases the final 3.0 EE3 then we can think about delegating the task of implementing a UU "patch".

@ Gunner - Any chance you could also include changes to the normal unit next to the UUs in the list? Maybe +1 mov, + att or something so we can "discuss" that as well.

It seems to me that before we get 2 UUs per civ we should agree on one UU for each civ. Many of the choices that were made for Civ IV are good ones, but others need to be changed.

1 UU is fine if they are mostly around the same era. Having an ancient English and an industrial German UU wouldn't help balance either.

woodelf said:
1 UU is fine if they are mostly around the same era. Having an ancient English and an industrial German UU wouldn't help balance either.

I agree I think that the UUs should come from the middle 2 ages. The 10 civ standard version of EE3 should be pretty easy to do I would think. Most of the standard Civ IV UUs are good. Perhaps replace with Panzer with a Germanic knight and find a good Italian UU.

The Janisary could be the Ottoman UU (replacing Rifleman) the English (British) could use the Redcoat. Sweden could use a Berserker or Huskarl.

It will not be easy but I will reasearch what type of army was at the time of Matthias (15th c.)...

If some of the 18 civs in EE3 didn't survive until the Middle Ages or were past their glory years then an Ancient or next era unit would have to do. After thinking about it I think the flavour is important to the UUs. We shouldn't make something more important a unit than it really was by bypassing something that was critical to a civilizations developement.

woodelf said:
Could Sweden have a Naval UU? I don't know much about them, but it fits somehow.
Hearing of Sweden and a naval UU puts me in mind of two things:
  1. Gustav Wasa. In 1625 King Gustav II Adolf commisioned the building of this ship of the line. When she sat sail for her maiden voyage of 1928 it was the most impressive ship in the Swedish Navy. She sank within minutes, not a mile from land, laid on her beam ends by a sudden gust of wind.
  2. Amfibiekaaren. For those familiar with the novelist Jan Guillou and his "main man" Carl Gustav Gilbert Hamilton this should be a well known unit. The ranger part of the unit, kustjägarna (coastal rangers), is in some ways reminiscent to U.S. Marine Corps Force Recon, while another part, attackdykarna, are more similar to the Navy Seals.
So if we drop the modern era, which UU are we left with for Sweden?

Cheers from Norway!

Is town razing turned off? Which file is used to adjust that? I didn't see it as a menu option.

AFAIK it is turned off for this scenario. Not sure where you'd turn it on in the wbs file.

Hi AG, many thanks fo offer to troubleshoot.

Exactly the same happens when loading random map, standard choice of civs, civics etc. Also noticed on religion screen standard icons.

Any ideas? Have latest pacth installed and installed Harkonnen fix prior to that.

Pricey03Blues said:
Any ideas? Have latest pacth installed and installed Harkonnen fix prior to that.

Blues,

I would suggest a complete deletion and re-install of first Civ4, patch to 1.52 then download and install the Mod again. Only way to be sure all the files are there.

Nedkjemp said:
So if we drop the modern era, which UU are we left with for Sweden?
Cheers from Norway!

I would suggest an early Viking style Caravel/Tireme (+2movement & 20% damage) or perhaps a Swordsman(Raider) with Marine capability and a slight increase in City Raiding (%25)

Regards

davbenbak said:
Is town razing turned off? Which file is used to adjust that? I didn't see it as a menu option.

Yes, Town Razing is turned off. It is very easy to change: If you wish to turn this off, use notepad to edit the scenario files under your PublicMaps folder (Original & Expanded) and delete the NO_CITY_RAZING option line.

Regards

AG - what's the timeline on the "patch" for 3.0? Other than nerfing the barbarian longbowmen and exchanging Byzantine for someone was there much else that needed fixing?

Top Bottom