Europa Europa: European Empires Mod

Two good UUs for the Ottomans would be the Janissary (replace Rifleman) and Sipahi (replace Cavalry).

Denmark could also use a longboat UU along with Berserker or Huskarl (axeman).

That's an awesome piece of a mod! I played Poland on Monarch and except for early christianity, the rest was more or less historically correct. My second city was Cracow in the real spot and Baltic sea was taken by Lithuania (since there's no Teutonic Order I considered them allied) and west by Bohemia, so I had to colonize to the east. Before I was cut off by Russia, Hungary and Ottomans, my empire looked almost like historic Poland! For some inexplicable reason HRE declared war on me (?) - they were not even my neighbor, but soon he gave up attacking Cracow and we made peace. By the end of 13th century I decided to expand by force to gain access to Baltic sea (the monopoly wonders were tempting). I gathered an army of knights and took Lithuanian Klaipeda in 1410 AD (mind the date! - it's exact date of Poland's [but allied with Lithuania] spectacular victory over Teutonic Order, and I didn't choose the date on purpose) and two turns later Kaunas. When I was ready to move to take Vilnius... Peter declared war on me! The game was REALLY going to be interesting, but... my computer no longer could bear the graphics and each turn took ca. 20 minutes..... so I postponed the game until I can play on something faster.. :( But the mod is the best!

I began playing a game last night on prince level as the Austrians (10 civ version). I made a beeline for Council of Nicea making Vienna the center of Christendom. ::goodjob:

I noticed right away that the huge barbarian presence in Venice and Belgrade would give me fits. Both cities kept sending Archers to attack my cities, especially Linz (south of Vienna) and Trieste (near actual location of Trieste).

Having long bowmen in the cities is fine as long as they do not attack! It’s just not right to see long bowmen with promotions attacking a city defended with archers. Of course I had to make them pay so both of those cities are now mine, even having taken better than 50% casualties. :sad:

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

@HolyOne
Your fellow countryman, V. Soma, has made most of those Hungarian suggestions and I am incorporating most of them. As for no gold in Hungary... there's no gold in Europe at all. If you want gold, you'll need to build the Conquest: Aztecs or Conquest: Incas wonders. Byzantium will replace the Netherlands (Dutch Republic). Thanks for your suggestions.

@sapon
Thanks, I'll take a look at your map revisions in a bit. :) You're quite the researcher, thanks for all the help!

@Gunner
The Hussite movement (Jan Hus was the leader) was a pre-protestant religious peasant revolt in Bohemia. I'm not sure if that's a good UU. Nice work on composing that list!

@centaurorome
That's the only age it starts out in, sorry :(

@RobinB
I'll do the easy fix and rename Zurich to Basel. Thanks ;)

@Majkel
I'm glad to hear you're having fun witht this mod. Had Firaxis not made the stupid choice to make make Civ4 a 3D resource hog, I think most people would be happier... because then they could actually PLAY THE LATE STAGES GAME! But I digress... Thanks for your support.

@Barak
Don't worry, the barbs will be curbed in the patch!

Thanks for the questions, comments, complaints, and concerns everyone! I'm working on the patch right now, so it should be in a few days ;)

Can anyone help me with a problem?

I've just downloaded and properly installed the mod.
Then I've started Civ 4, Loaded EE3 Mod and Begun scenario (I've tried both the original and the extended version)
The game starts with only a city founded, a settler, and with the rest of the map still obscured and in the 4000 B.C.

This problem has happened with other scenarios too, so can you tell me what I should do to solve this problem?
It would be great, as I really like the idea of this mod, and I've begun translating it in Italian (as I have the Italian version of Civ IV)

Rey said:
The game starts with only a city founded, a settler, and with the rest of the map still obscured and in the 4000 B.C.

Well, except that the settler should be a warrior... this is correct. It's a mod, not a scenario. If you want a scenario, stay tuned for my Medieval Scenario in development.

Great mod, great patch, love the colony wonders.

But... I cannot agree on open borders with anyone. No tech seems to enable it. What am I doing wrong?

Question Mark said:
Great mod, great patch, love the colony wonders.

But... I cannot agree on open borders with anyone. No tech seems to enable it. What am I doing wrong?

Glad you enjoy it. Open borders diplomatic option comes with monarchy.

Have re-installed civ from scratch and patched to 152 but still no joy. Folders all appear to be in correct locations.

Also if I choose to try and play the original rather than expanded scenario I can only choose from 4 civs and when game boots am immediately defeated. No ideas whats going on there.

Any help much appreciated

Pricey03Blues said:
Have re-installed civ from scratch and patched to 152 but still no joy. Folders all appear to be in correct locations.

Also if I choose to try and play the original rather than expanded scenario I can only choose from 4 civs and when game boots am immediately defeated. No ideas whats going on there.

Any help much appreciated

Wow, this is really wierd. I have no idea what's wrong. :(

Bright day
So Hussite replacement for maceman? Small bonus aganist mounted (Historical victories aganist knightly crusasdes)?

If nothing fits, you could always give us extra religion Arbitrary Guy;).

@sapon
Good job getting those Aragonese units! I spent a while last night on wikipedia looking for an Aragonese unit but somehow I didnt find it. From the description given it sounded to me that the Almogavars we much better suited to be macemen with a cavalry bonus. Spearmen are from too far back.

@HolyOne
Thank you very much for a good name for the Hungarian UU.

@V Soma
Sorry about that confusion for the Hungrians. I forgot to do the brackets what the unit being replaced is thing. I hope its clearer now. The Székely (unless you're really attched to that oh so creative name of "mounted archer" that you came up with :lol:) can replace the horse archer and be approximately 9th-13th centuries. Then we would have the hussar as a cav replacement for the 18 & 19th centuries.

@Badmojo
Thats a good idea I think to give Sweden the naval and Denmark the land unit since Sweden is separated by the Baltic. Have any ideas for a second Danish unit?
On a completely side note I'm in the middle of a VH game as Sweden in EU2 :)

@Gladi
Sadly the only knowledge I actually have of the Hussites is how there would always be an event where they seceeded from Bohemia at the beggining of an AGCEEP EU2 game. Should a unit for them be musketmen or macemen? You were saying earlier how they pioneered firearm combat. Just trying to clarify.

Almost on that note, I think that musketmen should be improved from their current state in Civ4. I mean as it is now they will lose to knights in regular combat. The musket was the dominant force on the battlefield (for the most part) in the 17th and 18th centuries. I would increase them to either 10 or 11 strength.

Any more suggestions would be great. And discussion about the things I have in parentheses would be good too. Parentheses mean that we have to decide between a couple of units.

Here's the updated list:
England: Redcoat, Welsh Longbowman

Scotland: Schiltron [pikeman],Highlander [rifleman]

Castile: Tercio [pikeman], Conquistador

Aragon: Almogavars [macemen], Calatrava Knights

France: (Frankish knight, Napoleonic Cavalry), Musketeer

Russia: Cossak,

Byzantium: Cataphract [knight],

Denmark: Berserker [axeman],

Prussia: (Prussian Rifleman, Prussian cannon), Panzer

HRE: HRE Knight,

Papal States: Swiss Guards, Crusader [knight]

Venice: Venitian Galley [galley], Stradioti [knight]

Sweden: Caroleans [musketman], Viking Snekke [galley]

Ottoman: Grand Cannon, Siaphi [cavalry],

Poland: Winged Hussars [cavalry],

Lithuania:

Hungary: Szekely [horse archer], Light Hussars [cavalry]

Bohemia: Hussites [maceman],
Look at these amazing new formatting skills of mine. I'm so proud :D

This mod is very fun. I've stayed up until 2:30 am last night trying to get those trade route monopolies. :)

Just one suggestion: could you incorporate some way to remove non-state religions from cities. (Perhaps a modification to inquisition civic.) As things are, I didn't bother founding any of the later religions, because they would just cause extra unhappiness.

Pricey03Blues said:

Blues, where did you get the Europa Mod from? Did you re-download it from the first page of this post? If so did you delete the previous EE3 folder under the Mods folder AND the two scenario's under the PublicMaps folder? Make sure all of these are installed in your primary Civ4 game folder NOT the Mygames folders.

PATCH 3.1 IS HERE

Check the front page to download... just replace everything with it. The original EE3 had almost 1000 downloads, thanks everyone!!! I'm now off to work on my Medieval Mod. ;)

Fixes in Patch 3.1

-Nerf barbs in Italy
-Gave Italy some Iron
-New King for Hungary: Matthias the Just
-Nerf barbs all over (no more longbowman barbs)
-Fixed spelling errors and mistakes pointed out by posters (Hungarian citynames, Lithuanian leadername, etc)
-Later Council of Nicea and Spread of Islam. They now require Writing.
-Improved Carpathian Basin (thanks V. Soma!)
-UN renamed to EU
-Slowed spread of Catholicism from 150 to 100 to slow it down.
-Slaves go obselete with Assembly Line
-Replace Dutch Republic with Byzantium lead by Justinian
-Rivers in Italy (thanks Sapon!)
-Zurich renamed to Basel
-Euro-ize the non-European wonders:
Pyramid to The Magna Carta, requires Monarchy
Great Library to Leonardo's Workshop, requires Engineering, gives 1 free engineer, artist, and scientist!
Great Lighthouse to The Hanseatic Leauge, requires Guilds
Angkor Wat to to St. Peter's Basilica, requires Construction
Chichen Itza to Malbork Castle, requires Construction
Spiral Minaret to The Roman Curia, requires Council of Nicea
Taj Mahal renamed to The Leaning Tower
Statue of Liberty to Mozart's Sonatas, requires Music
Three Gorges Dam to Alqueva Dam, requirement unchanged
Pentagon to NATO
West Point renamed to Military Academy
Mt. Rushmore renamed to National Monument
Hanging Gardens removed

Top Bottom