Europa Europa: European Empires Mod

:lol:
Instead of the Knight Icon, my Frankish Knights render as red blobs. Kinda neat, but it scares the horses.

I did the "Just unzip it to /.../civ4/ ". with that result. NOTE: The game loads and plays fine. The blobs attack, move, die, etc. normally. They just do not look like Knights.

LOVE THE MOD. Plays nicely inspite of strange UUs.

Gunner said:
Umm, could you please be a little bit more descriptive? What exactly is your problem. Frankish Knights look fine on my computer.
Posted a reply on page 49

Question: Does EE3 include all of the additions to EE2, or does it go off of the original?

bcr1776 said:
:lol:
Instead of the Knight Icon, my Frankish Knights render as red blobs. Kinda neat, but it scares the horses.

I did the "Just unzip it to /.../civ4/ ". with that result. NOTE: The game loads and plays fine. The blobs attack, move, die, etc. normally. They just do not look like Knights.

LOVE THE MOD. Plays nicely inspite of strange UUs.
Ok, its not like someone's forcing you to use the UU's. I'm pretty sure that your problem has to do with installation since no one else to my knowledge has had this problem (please correct me if I'm wrong on that). My directions for the installation were not simply to "Just unzip to /.../civ4/". You are supposed to unzip the file to some random place (i.e. not in the Civ4 directory) and then replace the XML and Art folders under the EE3 directory manually with the new ones you just unzipped.

Again, please post it here if anyone else is having problem like this so we can try to fix the problem if its more than just an installation issue.

Gunner said:
About the resources, the reason I removed them was that I didn't want to have to modify the map for this since some of the countries don't have the resource for their unit nearby.

I could modify the map and place the necessary resources withing 1 city placement of each civ fairly easily.

I vote for having UU with resource requirement and leave the resources on the map as they are in reality. Otherwise we could place incense on the Scandinavian tundra as well as oil in Denmark.

I just drop in to say that I really enjoy playing this mod!
It makes the middle ages, a period I dearly love, so much fun and nicely long. :)

And for a balacing issue: I founded Catholicism (not even early but after a couple of other nations could have) which spread really fast, uncovering cities all over the map and raising opinions towards me. Then, since I got my first prophet, I have NEVER gotten below +20 GP / round - even with expensive civics, after conquering three cities in a very short amount of time or building a large army. After a couple other religions were founded they didn't have the slightest chance! Only the islamic founder doesn't have MY religion as state religion... this seems to be a little overpowered - for my religion seems to be the only one that spreads effectively.
Do you favor catholics...? ;) ;)
Na, just joking, but maybe slow it down in the next version (yes I play 3.1) and increase spreading of other religions.

Cheers!

JDexter, I agree, and, although I posted this already, my idea would be to make it so that when you found a shrine, you actually take the money from the other country unless they have a different state religion. That way, they have at least some incentive to change their religion. So if all five of their cities have catholicism, and they switch over, they gain 5 gpt. It probably could be done - Sevo's religion mod has some bandits in it which even just leech off of specific squares...

In my mopst recent game as Austria I found that everyone was catholic. Even the Ottomans after I conquored the muslim holy city of Edrine. By the time that Refromed and Protestant were founded, noone converted as a nation.

pason said:
I vote for having UU with resource requirement and leave the resources on the map as they are in reality. Otherwise we could place incense on the Scandinavian tundra as well as oil in Denmark.

Actually, Denmark should have oil (offshore in the North Sea) as should Scotland and Italy. I'm not sure of all the resource requirements needed for UU's but I wouldn't think it would be unbalancing to include them in the map.

Well my logic about the UU resources is this: Its fairly ridiculous for us to deny a county its unique unit because it doesn't the right "resource" even though they somehow managed to produce it in great numbers and use it effectively in real life. I frankly find Civ's entire method of treating resources as somewhat absurd from an historical perspective, yet I do agree that it is a very good game mechanic. And please don't tell me something like "well its easy enough to get the resource you need by trade." I think the best solution would be to place the resources each civ would need for their units near their starting areas (not necessarily in the capital city radius, but close). So it would be great if you did that Sapon, make sure you work off of V. Soma's modified map.

Just want to say I love this mod, the map is great and so is the attention to detail - I dig the medieval portraits of the leaders, too, really adds to the feel.

I was reading the last few posts about the UUs and their resource requirements and had a thought - this may be too complicated (or even impossible), but could you have the civs start off with the technologies necessary for trade pacts? (it wouldn't be historically inaccurate since the true settlement of europe started well beyond the just a "warrior with club" stage)Then you could have trade pacts already present between civs that have the resources necessary for their UUs - especially between civs that were historically friendly or had alliances, extensive trading between them, etc. It would take some real thinking out to do, but it could add a cool strategic element to diplomacy -Example: if your civ didn't have iron (needed to make your UU) within your own borders, but you were in a trade pact with a civ who did (and you supplied them with, say, horses), you could be forced to maintain their goodwill. Or even enter an alliance. Or just invade them...

Does that make sense?

Gunner said:
I think the best solution would be to place the resources each civ would need for their units near their starting areas (not necessarily in the capital city radius, but close). So it would be great if you did that Sapon, make sure you work off of V. Soma's modified map.

Done, I've edited your UU Readme to include the map changelog for each civ. Luckily there were not that many changes necessary.

I also modified my Iceland/edits map to include the UU resources.

Attachments

• EE3 UU Resource Map.zip
    26.6 KB · Views: 128
REQUEST:::

@ AG /crash757/ V. Soma/ Gunner

First off Good work boys making Civ4 all it can be and more!
second... AG it could be really interesting to combine this mod with the new religion mod from sevo, some of his futures would really improve the religion war, that often starts :)

third: and most importent!
PLEASE!! change Denmark they need other threats then creative?:crazyeye: ! it doesn't fit DK in ANY way, they need
FINANCIAL (DK was rich on seatrade!! viking where really merchents not warriors, and the fact that DK doesn't have as much land so they need to get more money out of the sea!)
Expansive (cause of the faster haubor and granery and the +2health)

Please change this and upload a new version, cause i'm not near good enough to fix it myself
Thank you:goodjob:

Badmojo said:
REQUEST:::
Please change this and upload a new version, cause i'm not near good enough to fix it myself
Thank you:goodjob:

It's easy, I'm too lazy... so, I'll just tell you how to do it :). You can do it, it's easy.

1) Open Mods\EE3\Assets\XML\Civilizations\Civ4LeaderheadInfos.xml with Notepad.

2) Make sure you have "Word Wrap" turned off under Format. Press Ctrl-G to go to line 5352 in the file. Change the following:

<TraitType>TRAIT_CREATIVE</TraitType>
to
<TraitType>TRAIT_FINANCIAL</TraitType>

3) Go to line 5356 (4 lines down) and change the following:

<TraitType>TRAIT_ORGANIZED</TraitType>
to
<TraitType>TRAIT_EXPANSIVE</TraitType>

4) Save the file (do not do "save as"... just do a normal save).
5) Close notepad and play the game.

:goodjob: Hope this helps.

Tunch Khan said:
I love this scenario, and if it hasn't been suggested before I'd like to see the following:

- Cyprus increased in size to it's original proportions. It's 1/5th of original size.

- Galippoli (or Dardanelles) added to it's correct location as a barbarian city to allow ship movement between Black Sea and the Mediterranean.

- North African coast made less habitable and more resistant to early expansion of Iberian civilizations. This gives them too much power.

Is there a way you can address these issues?

Tunch Khan said:

You can fix those in the WorldBuilder. I've stopped working on EE3, because my very little free time is now spent modding my upcoming Throne and Altar mod. Other people are editing the map and posting theirs, though... maybe ask one of them?

Tunch Khan said:

Tunch, I have implimented most of your requests as I thought they were good points. Check out my Iceland & Other edits map, the link in my signature will bring you to the right page to download the map and check out the changes.

The biggest issue I've found is that since I seperated Europe from Asia minor, the Ottomans take all of Asia Minor. Still, the Byzantine do very well, colonizing the Crimean and the Black Sea coast.

Cheers

ArbitraryGuy said:
It's easy, I'm too lazy... so, I'll just tell you how to do it :). You can do it, it's easy.

1) Open Mods\EE3\Assets\XML\Civilizations\Civ4LeaderheadInfos.xml with Notepad.

2) Make sure you have "Word Wrap" turned off under Format. Press Ctrl-G to go to line 5352 in the file. Change the following:

<TraitType>TRAIT_CREATIVE</TraitType>
to
<TraitType>TRAIT_FINANCIAL</TraitType>

3) Go to line 5356 (4 lines down) and change the following:

<TraitType>TRAIT_ORGANIZED</TraitType>
to
<TraitType>TRAIT_EXPANSIVE</TraitType>

4) Save the file (do not do "save as"... just do a normal save).
5) Close notepad and play the game.

:goodjob: Hope this helps.

AY CARAMBAAA :D Thank you :goodjob:

Top Bottom