Even More Resources for Vox Populi

Even More Resources for Vox Populi (v 8)

Would you open to the idea of including a pasture luxury, as none currently exist, if the models/art for them exist? Just want to suggest it as a possibility.

Of course, but again the issue is the 3D model. I'll revisit this in the future, maybe I can find some free models online or something.

Some mods that add civilizations with unique buildings have a bug.
The unique buildings get yield bonuses for all new resources.
For example, Prasat UB from Sukritact's Khmer mod:

Other mods that have this bug: Papal States, Sumer, Nubia, Nepal, Navajo.

Luxury Pasture resource: Alpaca?
I watched recently "Color out of Space" (2019) with breeded Alpaca theme :p

is it possible do a version without depedencies of VP?
Why? It is mod dedicated to VP. :confused:
Even More Resources for Vox Populi (v 3)

Why? It is mod dedicated to VP. :confused:
Even More Resources for Vox Populi (v 3)

Because is awesome and I can't play without VP :cry: I don't want playing with Vox Populi any more, is it sadly because have a lot of good mods with VP dependencies. (I'm not saying that VP is a bad mod). Whatever, I'm just asking if is "possible", if not just ignore.

Because is awesome and I can't play without VP :cry: I don't want playing with Vox Populi any more, is it sadly because have a lot of good mods with VP dependencies. (I'm not saying that VP is a bad mod). Whatever, I'm just asking if is "possible", if not just ignore.
People create mods with VP dependency, becuase VP gives them more modding tools like sql tables, lua events or functions which are not in base game (they are hidden in VP dll). Making same mod without VP would require writing everything on its own in lua probably, but some part would be still impossible to rework. Look at massive content of MUCfVP. We at start wrote lua code, which was later on incorporated into VP thanks to guys like @Infixo and few others.

I don't know how it presents with this mod, but few others I work on would have such problem. Those which can be used outside VP are listed in separate paragraph in my signature.

VP is excellent mod, but has currently worse times, but when guys fix bugs that arose recently, then next stable version should be awesome. Just curious, may I ask why you resigned from VP and returned to base game?

People create mods with VP dependency, becuase VP gives them more modding tools like sql tables, lua events or functions which are not in base game (they are hidden in VP dll). Making same mod without VP would require writing everything on its own in lua probably, but some part would be still impossible to rework. Look at massive content of MUCfVP. We at start wrote lua code, which was later on incorporated into VP thanks to guys like @Infixo and few others.

I don't know how it presents with this mod, but few others I work on would have such problem. Those which can be used outside VP are listed in separate paragraph in my signature.

VP is excellent mod, but has currently worse times, but when guys fix bugs that arose recently, then next stable version should be awesome. Just curious, may I ask why you resigned from VP and returned to base game?

Thx. Now I understand why they have good mods in VP. I don't returned to BNW, I just found another mod that matches more with my gaming style. VP is a great mod, I love a lot of things and dislike others, I played VP for too long years and recently feel like, more of the same. The monotony make me getaway, for now I'm playing Superpower Clash of Civilization, I loved the new concepts like, Energy, Manpower, Consumers Goods and all variate with Units and Buildings was the mod offers. For me, now, VP is the original game 1 million of times better, but I look for something different that bring me far away from the vanilla game, but still is Civilization without so many changes mainly in Units promotions and combat.

HungryForFood updated Even More Resources for Vox Populi with a new update entry:

v 4

- Fixed incompatibility with custom civs, potentially causing UBs to gain yield bonus for all resources of this mod.
- Fixed incompatibility with Enlightenment Era, causing Tavern's food bonus for wheat to become a gold bonus.
- Enlightenment Era's Tavern now grants the food bonus to rice and maize as well.
- Increased Poppy great person modifier from monopoly from 10% to 25%.

Read the rest of this update entry...

I'll do the icon touch-ups later.

For Poppy, along with the current buff, I'm considering giving it +2 Great Person points for all great people in all cities, similar to the monopoly golden age bonus.

Now with a Github repository.

Last edited:
I'll do the icon touch-ups later.
A bit less saturation/contrast on flowers, Maize icons and crops_rice_d.dds. Also the Champagne Icon is not that good than the others.

Your Mod (Concept/Code/Art) is absolutly gorgeous. I never tire of saying it. :c5capital::c5capital::c5capital::c5capital::c5capital:
It worth to rework the arts a bit.

upload_2020-3-8_21-37-2.png

why does this happen? I'm using Mar.1 2020 latest patch

Hello HungryForFood,

I play with your wonderful mod and I have a problem. News resources don't appear in Corporations nor the stone work bonus on obsidian and sulfur. I went to see in the sql file and if I remove the triggers, everything works fine.
I play with other usual mods that have never posed a problem to me so I think there may be a problem with the triggers but I am not stuck enough to understand your code.

Could you watch?

Thank you

Another question,

It’s a very personal opinion but I don’t really like the Communitu_79 map (too mutch land, poles are not open, not enough jungles). So, I changed the classical communitas map (no pretension, it corresponds to my tastes of games and nothing else) but I would like to play with your complete mod with my map. What should I add for it to work?
Is the last part of the Communitu sufficient?

Spoiler -- Check if Even More Resources for Vox Populi is activated :

function IsEvenMoreResourcesActive()
local evenMoreResourcesModID = "8e54eb87-31e8-4fcd-aafe-ede055b463d0"
local isUsingEvenMoreResources = false

for _, mod in pairs(Modding.GetActivatedMods()) do
if (mod.ID == evenMoreResourcesModID) then
isUsingEvenMoreResources = true
break
end
end

return isUsingEvenMoreResources
end