Fall From Heaven Mornington Crescent

my apologies.... must have missed it...

However, being switched backwards may have done us more good than you: The Way to Prespure is Shut and guarded by the Guardian of Pristin Pass.

The way to Prespur is shut, so I take the lateral route across to Braduk the Burning, the other entrance to Agares realm, from here it should be easy to dodge around the Guardian of Pristinus Pass and continue the Prespur-Galveholm-Dis gambit. At Braduk the Burning, I use my 2 blue tokens to cast sanctuary around the city, preventing all other players access for at least 3 turns.

Suckers!

pardon me for enquiring, but would it not have been more efficient to, in an adroit move, to exit directly into Dis from Agare's realm?

Which, naturally is what i do, Entering Agare's realm through a Mane gambit and a Tephusian sacrafice, and exiting into Dis using 2 Call of Junil cards. I am now in Dis. Check

Silly, Silly, Silly. This provides an immediate move to Renegade Hill.

By Mort's 3rd bylaw, a player making a move to Renegade Hill following the Agares' Manuvre gets thirteen gold tokens and increases all Nexus Velocity by 3.3. NV is now 6 and Mornington Crescent is in sight!

Ahhh but you are forgetting that the sanctuary around Barduk the Burning will prevent you entrance to Agares' realm for at least 3 turns, you can't complete Agares' Manouvre until after that time so moving to Renegade Hill has likely done you more harm then good. After all, does it not say in the revised version of the 4th edition rules (published in 1964) that a direct move to an Embers city other then Braduk requires you to sacrifice at least 4 fire tokens, which I think you'll find you did not do. The penalty for neglecting this ritual is to be sold into slavery and transported to Innsmouth, by the time you are in any area allowing you to continue Agares' manouvre it is likely the route will be closed.

Bad luck :).

Ah, I see your confusion. I was merely responding to thomas.breubeg's shortsighted attempt at the Agares' Manoeuvre, not attempting the manoeuvre myself (following, in this case, defined as a play after a play prior).

Had I attempted the Manoeuvre, you would, of course, be correct. But I think my current plan is very clear. Check the podume count.

Top Bottom