Fall from heaven SG - High to Low

Well, you can be a dedicated lurker to my thread. That means you can help me, suggesting things, even playing some turns, but won't be able to read the other players threads and the lurker thread (to avoid getting information that we couldn't get ingame).

But you can just watch the game from a lurker perspective, laughing at my face when I go attack someone in the north just to get backstabbed by my "ally" in the south.

I'd apreciate some help, though!

Ah, I strongly suggest reading the thread by pocketbeetle in the FfH PBEM I, in the same forum. It's very instructive and fun. Quite a lot of pages, but definetly interesting.

Since Bill Bisco hasn't posted in the last three pages, I think it is safe to assume that he isn't playing.

Roster:

1. Ozbenno >>UP
2. Jusos2108 >>ON DECK
3. Ichabod
4. Brian Shanahan
5. Fleme
6. Bill Bisco (skipped)

Played 2 turns.

Not sure we can advance any further against the elves and we can get our city back.

Do we want to take the peace or try to take the city back ourselves, get rid of Gilden and maybe get a better deal? The risk is that if we don't get the city back, we won't be offered it in a future peace deal once our power decreases...

I would take the gamble to take Astrum by force and then make peace, just because we need some techs. Gilden will probably take down 2-4 axemen, but that doesn't really matter. It is up to you though..

We still have a lot of axes and I wouldn't mind losing a few more before we get peace.

FfH AI is very strange when it comes to peace deals. It will constantly demand something for peace, but after you cross a certaiun limit, they'll give almost everything they have.

So I'd suggest to keep going...

Yeah there are still 35 of the weenies left so why not throw them at some elves and turn them into techs at the opportune moment.

The thing that worries me is Auric though, not the elves.

It's great to see Yall's progress. I apologize for exiting midship, but my personal life demanded immediate attention. I will not be able to finish this one, but I look forward to seeing its fruition! :)

Second, I'll have to go OOP for a while, due to internet being out at my place (the person paying the bills spent our money on drink, again). I have it intermittently from cafes and stealing neighbours' but no reliability. So skip me until I say so.

Yeah I'm kind of cutting and pasting this one.

OK, time is as always tight so much of a write-up and I could only squeeze a few turns out...

Essentially we took back our city but only because Gilden moved outside, we probably would have suicided all out units with no hope of bruising him.

This was the best peace deal I could get, a tech on the way to Orders. Original offer was Horseback Riding.

Our research is pretty much break even at 50%, so some consolidation might be in order before we push on too much further with the warring.

We are miles behind everyone in tech so might need some smart research and trading to advance as well. Get libraries, Elder Councils, Markets etc up and work those cottages...

Attachments

• Capria AD-0397.CivBeyondSwordSave
    446.2 KB · Views: 37
And I'm back quicker than expected. I don't know how long I'll be on internet and I'm going up home this weekend.

Nice set Ozbenno, Philosophy is very welcome atm and we'll get the rest later. It seems to be my turn. I'll turn our attention towards Auric and try to found Order.

I played until turn 440, because there was nothing to do except building and pressing enter.

Perp and Alexis declared war on Sandalphon in order to crush him together. Meanwhile Einion is marching an army through our lands towards western Calabim. However, we reign the largest civ!:D
Spoiler :

Turn 401 We also researched Smelting and found Iron right next to our borders. Thus appropriate measures where taken to claim it. I also trade Smelting for Mathematics+gold.
Spoiler :

Turn 410 Order has been founded in Torrolerial! So now it is time to trade some techs. After three turns of tech trading we end up with KotE, HBR, Mil. Stra.,Stirrups, Elementalism, Alteration, Drama and WotF.
Spoiler :

Turn 412 Einion has taken the western Calabim.
Spoiler :

Turn 417 We kill a wandering Ilian champion.
Spoiler :

Turn 430 We finally get Iron Working! With it we have claimed the top spot once again!:king: I trade IW to Einion, who doesn't have iron, the price is good. There is no iron inside Malakim territory either.
Spoiler :

Turn 431 Auric declares on Einion and takes Morrtanar. Arendel vassalises to Malakim, but that's doesn't really concern us.
Spoiler :

Some notes:
-I also have the 420 save, if somebody wants play from there.
-Bazaar of Mammoon has now been built in Evermore, which means that we can run 90% science and still make some money!:king:
-Torrolerial will spawn a Great Prophet (for the Order Shrine) in 8 turns, IIRC, and finish Bone Palace in 9 turns.
-I have dedicated Astrum for building catapults, so that we can counter a possible Ilian SoD.
-Another city (west of Torrolerial) is building an acolyte and should build them until we have order in every city.
-Couple other cities are constructing Mage Guilds for adepts, which we need ASAP.
-What techs should we get next?

Big slice of luck with the spawn of order in the capital, I suppose there is no real chance to make hay with the general war in the North though?

Looking at the save, after engineering, Fanaticism then Righteousness for Donal and Sphener to spearhead any future wars for us.

Ooh rapid advancement after a quieter period. Thumbs up.

Golden age coming up in 6 turns, prophet for the Order shrine in 5. Things are lining up and soon we can start mopping up. Definitely want the Order/Crusade business to kick into full gear for RP purposes if nothing else! Can't wait!

Top Bottom