Fall Further 050 Bug Report Thread

ToN makes your undead "Strong". I believe the civopedia is just wrong. Of course, it works differently for the Scions.

I'm getting a consistent CTD between turns after this save-game.
I also often seem to be getting CTDs when I try loading a savegame from within the game (as opposed to from the main menu).

Attachments

• Mazatl.CivBeyondSwordSave
    151.1 KB · Views: 45
Maybe found a bug...

I am playing FF 050 Patch G with FfH .40 Patch V. Huge map, epic game speed.

In all my new games since the 90%/75% reduced workrate change, the AI seems to not be creating a whole lot of improvements.

I am currently playing a game where about halfway through the game I was offered the chance to take control of the Elf civilization. I took it, but after doing so, realized that even though they had researched the proper technology, land improvements were still being built at a much slower rate.

A mine is taking 39 turns. I screenshotted it just in case, below is showing a cottage taking 39 turns.

I will continue to play this game and post a follow-up, but something does not seem right here and may warrant looking into.

Great mod btw, love your work. Also, I havent played straight FfH2 recently, so if this is a FfH2 issue let me know and I will post it there.

Spoiler :

Did you have No Tech Brokering enabled or anything along those lines? Just asking because I have a hunch the issue is more with the switching Civs than with what the AI was facing before the switch. Could easily be wrong, but will be valuable to know when I get time to look into it. Unfortunately right now the AI is completely reprobate when it comes to improving their land. My few Autoplay games where I observed the new system I just happened to check in late enough that they had finally done something I guess (I swear it had once upon a time looked like they were decent. But now they just flat out suck).

Anyway, still haven't had time to fix things, so hopefully I see some cause for this when I do get back into the code.

I did not enable "No Tech Trading" or "No Tech Brokering".

And yeah, besides hooking up resources, the AI isn't smart about improving land. Turn 290 on this game, and no AI civilization has anything but workshops and cottages really. The three largest civs in the game each have 1 farm, otherwise its all workshops and cottages. Calabim land is almost entirely lumbermills, with a few cottages thrown in for good measure. And noone has the tech for quicker lumbermills or workshops yet :(

The smaller civ's basically hook up thier resources, and thats it.

I've also found that the AI is completely inept at improving its land, to the extent that the mod is nearly unplayable, because the AI never gets any tech. I'd consider reverting back to the standard improvement system (where improvements are unlocked by techs, rather than made more quickly). The costs of this system are much larger than any potential gains.

I will say, turning off the new improvement by percentages system really seems to help the AI. Between that and removing Forts, the AI plays like it has a clue in my personal version again.

Cosmetic Bug:
The description for the Elohim when you begin a new game gives advice for the Tolerant trait, which they no longer have.

AI workers are building a lumbermill on every single forest tile in their territory. obviously at a slooow rate since they're doing this since turn 0 when they don't have the tech. this is really crippling them.

I am playing with "automated workers leave forests" , not sure if this makes a difference for the AI.

Is it just me, or is the Unit Statistic not working?
I mean, the page where he tells you how many kills the unit has, damage dealt, received, and so on. It just displays zeros for everything.
I just noticed it, because i was looking for a way to grant a promotion after a certain number of kills and thought, since they are already counted for the statistics i could use that, but since it doesn't seem to work...

I'm getting CTDs every few turns. I can reload the save, and generally get a few more turns in, then CTD again. Very frustrating.

Attachments

• Einon.CivBeyondSwordSave
    291.1 KB · Views: 57
Yeah, not sure when it broke or what broke it honestly. Had only just recently opened it up to see in what manner it was broken, but it'll take time to figure out where exactly it broke and how to fix it (I imagine that the work to place Turn number in for Year displays is probably the culprit. Or the disabled Combat Logs)

uh, "automated workers leave forests" is really acting funky with the current system for building improvements at 25% rate.

how it used to work: workers leave forests alone and improve unforested tiles. once you get the tech for lumbermills they start building them in forests.

how it works now: workers build nothing but lumbermills at a very very slow rate. ouch! this option has become really useless :D

aside from that, after taking a look in worldbuilder after about 200 turns quick speed, I gotta say that right now FF is basically unplayable. I mean it's still lots of fun to play but when you see that the AI is completely screwed by their inability to understand the current improvement system you have no choice but to admit that until this issue is fixed you'd better play FFH or Orbis :p

hopefully this will get nailed in the next patch and FF will once gain rock everything and everyone :D

Maybe found a bug...

I am playing FF 050 Patch G with FfH .40 Patch V. Huge map, epic game speed.

In all my new games since the 90%/75% reduced workrate change, the AI seems to not be creating a whole lot of improvements.

I am currently playing a game where about halfway through the game I was offered the chance to take control of the Elf civilization. I took it, but after doing so, realized that even though they had researched the proper technology, land improvements were still being built at a much slower rate.

A mine is taking 39 turns. I screenshotted it just in case, below is showing a cottage taking 39 turns.

Yeah, it looks like Ancient Forests don't count when it comes to reduced improvement cost :(

Two observations: I've recently played four games; two ended around the turn 150 or so point with unrecoverable CTDs, the other two ended in victories in the turn 475 range.

The only difference I could tell was the existance of Bernedine's Well in the crashers and not in the finishers. Don't know if it's relevant but may be helpfull.

All games at standard tectonics, standard speed.

Two observations: I've recently played four games; two ended around the turn 150 or so point with unrecoverable CTDs, the other two ended in victories in the turn 475 range.

The only difference I could tell was the existance of Bernedine's Well in the crashers and not in the finishers. Don't know if it's relevant but may be helpfull.

All games at standard tectonics, standard speed.

In that case, something to do with either the Demon faction or Hell terrain spread might be causing the crash... Do you remember what the AC was at?

In that case, something to do with either the Demon faction or Hell terrain spread might be causing the crash... Do you remember what the AC was at?

In first game, the AC was around 25. When I found the well, there had been some spread. I WB'd out the well and hell terrain to no effect.

The second time (most recently) the AC was less than 5 and the well was just outside my territory with no spread.

So, IDK.

Top Bottom