Fall Further 050 Bug Report Thread

I was hoping to install FF and them install FF+ (Which is compatible). I already tried doing so, but i get the same problem with FF+.

FF+ is based on FF which is based on FfH which is based on BTS. Right now FfH is compatible with the newest BTS patch, but FF has not been updated. FF+ wont be updated until FF is updated. You cant skip a step ;)

The dungeon option (EVENT_ORDER_VS_VEIL_4) for the order vs veil non-temple rioting event doesn't seem to work. I had the tower of eyes, and that option wasn't selectable, nor did it have a tooltip description.

FF+ is based on FF which is based on FfH which is based on BTS. Right now FfH is compatible with the newest BTS patch, but FF has not been updated. FF+ wont be updated until FF is updated. You cant skip a step ;)

And on top of that - the 3.19 update caught us in the middle of possibly our biggest "infrastructure" updates (not necessarily content - but very handy for modmodmodders) so we had a choice of rolling back and updating for 3.19 quickly or continuing and releasing a little later. Given that a lot of what we wanted to do relies on that infrastructure, we went with "a little later".

I'm glad the bugs and glitches are being progressively worked on, that's great news to me. I've had several crashes already just by normal gameplay and was a little disappointed until I remembered the huge amount of content that has been added.

I had two crashes that were caused by:
1.) I gave Metamagic I to an Adept and summoned the Floating Eye to scout. Upon use of the ability, the game crashed. Not sure if the same happens with birds and hawks.
Also, couldn't we replace the Floating Eye with something a little more mystical than physical? Almost like a divination ability, because for some reason the Eye bugs me.

2.) After being voted the Secretary-General of the Overcouncil, when the resolution window came up I chose the foreign trade option, and when I ended my turn the game crashed.

Great work so far though. Hope these can get fixed soon, I love what you guys have been able to add to the game and just how much more dynamic it is over the regular game. :goodjob:

Been playing Jotnar in patch N. Absolutely love the dynamics of this civilization, but there is a rather wicked bug:

Whenever I conquer a town and decide to keep it in multiplayer, the game immediately goes OOS. When the host reloads, I get the captured town with no Staedding.

On a side note, there appears to be a typo in Mother Enningas' Civilopedia entry, which reads "Enningas is highly priced by her people..." - shouldn't it say "prized"? Or maybe "praised"?

English is not my native language, and thus the notion of the giants putting their beloved leader up for sale is strange. :crazyeye:

I was playing the Jotnar a while back and something I noticed that every time someone captured one of my cities there was a python error telling me that 'pPlot' was undefined.

Again, issue with the Jotnar Staeding. Wish I had my comp, I could probably fix it rather than just post about it.

I thought this one had been patched out - but can't see it in the change log so I guess it was post Patch-N that I fixed it. Should be sorted in 051 though.

Not quite a bug, more like a "gap", but Austrin pegasus riding, I might not fully understand. Once you have an Archmage with Air III, it seems you can summon a Pegasus. After that, it seems an Arcane or Melee unit can cast a "mount pegasus" spell, thereby getting a pegasus rider promotion.

How, if at all, might one dismount and free up a pegasus?

We were having a discussion about this. Currently, I believe there's no dismount spell. not sure if we'll add one. It could cause problems with changing unitcombats with pegasus mounting, for example.

First time user of FF, and I must say I'm greatly impressed and enjoying the experience.

Having said that, I'm saddened by a rather alarming and annoying bug that keeps creeping up and for which I haven't found a solution.

I admit, after digging through the first 30 or so pages of reported bugs (I could swear my eyes started bleeding at one point), and beating my head against the screen when using the search function, I'm posting this in the hopes that someone can either point out a solution or make a suggestion.

After installing FF and patch n (completely reinstalling everything, after I found out it wasn't compatible with the latest patch), and enjoying a number of great games, I've found that, occasionally, the game will seem to freeze in between turns at random places. The world icon will spin, but upon moving the mouse, it turns briefly back into the white arrow pointer. The game hangs like this until I perform a ctrl+alt+del and shut the unresponsive program down via task manager.

Normally, I can start the game back up, but there's been a couple of times where, upon restarting from such a crash, the game refuses to work in any way, shape or form. FF will not load up. FfH will not load up. Standard Civ 4 won't load! Something has eaten away at my game and made everything unplayable. The only way I've found that fixes it, is to completely uninstall and reinstall everything from BTS and beyond.

Has anyone encountered this..eh..difficult situation? I can stand the reinstall, as it's only needed to do so once in the past 3 or 4 days I've been playing the modmod, but..it's rather alarming, that it would affect everything, FfH, BtS, Warlords..my whole game, even after uninstalling FF and even FfH.

After installing FF and patch n (completely reinstalling everything, after I found out it wasn't compatible with the latest patch), and enjoying a number of great games, I've found that, occasionally, the game will seem to freeze in between turns at random places. The world icon will spin, but upon moving the mouse, it turns briefly back into the white arrow pointer. The game hangs like this until I perform a ctrl+alt+del and shut the unresponsive program down via task manager.
This is familiar to me. It's what happens when a program other than Civ takes priority but doesn't actually minimize Civ. My printer has a "do you want to check for updates?" window about once a week that does exactly that, and if Civ is running it slows down to a crawl or freezes completely and the pointer starts to blink back and forth between the spinning planet and normal.
Normally, I can start the game back up, but there's been a couple of times where, upon restarting from such a crash, the game refuses to work in any way, shape or form. FF will not load up. FfH will not load up. Standard Civ 4 won't load! Something has eaten away at my game and made everything unplayable. The only way I've found that fixes it, is to completely uninstall and reinstall everything from BTS and beyond.

Has anyone encountered this..eh..difficult situation? I can stand the reinstall, as it's only needed to do so once in the past 3 or 4 days I've been playing the modmod, but..it's rather alarming, that it would affect everything, FfH, BtS, Warlords..my whole game, even after uninstalling FF and even FfH.
This, I can't help with. The most I've ever had to do was restart to get things able to work again.

Have you tried restarting your PC when this happens?
Do you have any modmods other than FFH/FF installed?

I really don't think FF could do anything to cause this. I'd place the blame on something else in your system.

I've never experienced a bug like that.

i've experienced that with WoC, though i don't really know where it comes from , my guess is that the memory is overhelmed by the program and a mechanism of protection blocks the procram once it has happened .

i found a really awful bug. if i start my fall further it always still says : Version 050 N

theres gotta be something wrong there :D

same goes for ff+: still version 21 D

u can do it :goodjob:

I don't see the bug there. :confused:

As for bugs, is anyone else having a slowdown after awhile of playing this? The game gets much slower the longer it goes. Turns are taking about 15 seconds, and it's rather longer than it should be.

Top Bottom