1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Fall Further 050 Bug Report Thread

Discussion in 'Fall Further' started by xienwolf, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Sarisin

Sarisin Deity

This screenshot happens to be from my FF+ game, but you still see this often in FF too where the AI will inexplicably pick a city (not always Acheron's) and just load up on defenders. In this case there are 17, but I have seen more.

Yet, often you see the AI barbs capture a city and immediately move out the units allowing it to be re-captured. Why not leave a few defenders, or even just raze the city instead of giving it up. Honestly, my vote is for the barbs to raze EVERY city they take. They can always spawn new ones any time (and they do prolifically), so why not let them level any they take?

Finally, by letting the AI raze everything and move on, I think you would have a much better raging barb game. You shouldn't see them with 17 defenders in a city either - unless maybe it is Acheron's.

Maybe it is more balance than bug, but I think the bug part comes in when you have the barbs just vacating many cities they capture and leaving them wide open.

Attached Files:

2. xienwolf

xienwolf Deity

3. Quetz

Quetz The Tallest Lilliputian

This isn't a bug, just a suggestion. Really hoping to see the Better Economic AI mod integrated into this shortly - Just played a game with it and it makes a huge difference in AI performance. And now it will even include forced pirate coves for Lanun!

4. Pohlmann

Pohlmann Warlord

mazatl workers dont receive the hardy promotion which should be granted upon creation (defender trait)

this was in ff+ but valkrionn told me to report it here aswell

5. klorius

klorius Chieftain

Couldn't quite find info on this using the search function, so just one issue:

Playing my first game of FF 0.50N, Lanun warriors seem to show up as big red blobs. Not sure what the problem is.

6. Willgar

Willgar Prince

Sounds like you missed a patch somewhere or incorrect installation. I am no expert but i think you need to patch FfH2 up to the current version before installing then patching FF.

7. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

FF is not updated to the mew version of FfH. It will work, but has some art issues. Most of those are fixed by Warkirby's Unofficial Patch, which also happens to be part of my mod.

8. xienwolf

xienwolf Deity

Sephi, what was the line you changed on this speed boost? Updating to 3.19 right now and trying to make all the small tweaks/fixes which I had promised throughout the thread. Came across this one and it sounds worth adding :)

9. Sephi

Sephi Deity

I made sure that AI_workerseamove is run only for workboats (by adding an if line in cvunitai:: ai_update but I think I already removed it since the problem never happened again. I still don't understand why some UNITAI_ATTACK hunters would use the workersea function. The problem was only for a few units from one AI player, really really strange.

10. xienwolf

xienwolf Deity

11. WarKirby

WarKirby Arty person

Found a minor bug that I don't have the knowledge to solve.

casting "Escape" (Dimensional I spell) when you have no cities, causes a CTD.

The spell teleports the caster back to their capital city, so it's understandable that it wouldn't work when you have none. I discovered this while messing around testing govannon in WB, but it could also feasibly happen if you have "require complete kills" enabled.

I think the spell should have a pyreq that checks if you actually have a capital city before allowing it to be cast.

12. xienwolf

xienwolf Deity

That bug won't be an issue in future releases (ideally). I noticed when tweaking how Immortality works that I had somehow lost the changes to allow Barbarian units to respawn on immortality, part of that was making Escape work when you have no capital city. If you don't have a city it'll send the unit to where they spawned from, if no enemies occupy the tile.

Oh, and any unit reborn by immortality triggering will now result in a message to all players as well. So be prepared for some spam if you finish Blood of the Pheonix before Blight hits.

13. WarKirby

WarKirby Arty person

Why to all players?

Why would I want to know if an immortal unit was reborn in a war between two civs I don't even know?

14. xienwolf

xienwolf Deity

Quick and easy, did it in passing. It'll be a pretty rare message, and figuring out precisely who would care for all possible scenarios is difficult. If I tweaked it I would probably only announce to people who can see where the unit died at, or where it was reborn at. Then the owner, the killer, and a few people who happened to witness the battle or hang out at the respawn plot will get informed.

15. stupidnewbie

stupidnewbie Warlord

Maybe this is a bug, or maybe not... I took over an Archos city as Decius, thought it might be fun to have a few spiders, and built mother's nest. So far, nothing has spawned.

16. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

Spider spawning doesn't work for conquerer/tolerant.

17. stupidnewbie

stupidnewbie Warlord

Yeah, I was just wondering if that was intended or not, because the nest tooltip seems to indicate that it would work.

18. armyofwhispers

armyofwhispers Chieftain

Jotnar arcane units are unable to build dimension, force, or creation nodes.

19. Tabris

Tabris Warlord

Simply can't play FF here. It seems to me it doesn't installed correctly.

I'm in Windows 7 x64 build 7229, FFH is working ok, but when i try to play FF after install it don't even opens that small loading screen. The BTS process stays running for about 5 minutes them ends all by itself with not visible effect. It just happens to get a little CPU usage some times.

I'm not sure if this is a Windows 7 problem because i tried running it in Vista compatibility mode ant still won't work.

BTW, UAC is off as always.

20. WarKirby

WarKirby Arty person

Most likely you have BtS v3.19. FF is not compatible with that yet. If so, your choices are to rollback to a previous BtS patch, or wait for the next FF patch which will be compatible