• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Fall Further - Download and Current Changelog

I'm getting multiple python errors (the last one referring to loading CvEventInterface).

also when starting the game:
File "CvAppInterface", line 47, in OnSave
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'onEvent'
happened once a few turns in, as well. Maybe events are broken.

-edit: thanks for posting the fix in the bug report thread - no more errors of this nature now.

Greetings. Long time lurker and player of both FFH2 and FF. I'm having a couple of issues.

1) Not getting a popup when I research a new tech.

2) There is often text left permanently on the screen, usually after an attack of some kind. Reloading doesn't remove it.

I didn't see anybody else mention this in the thread, maybe it's just me? I do have the latest patches "r" and C installed. I like to play on large maps, like Tectonics.

Keep up the great work!

Thanks - all of these are due to one file not being properly moved out when compiling the patch (it's an automated process, but since we changed the way we merged the files it has been a little "unreliable" - I think I've got a handle on it now though).

Fixed in Patch D.

Patch D fixed the problems I mentioned. Thanks!

Couple of other issues:

1) The Swift Boots item has a pink square graphic.

2) Getting CTDs when playing on Large or Huge maps. Played about 150 turns on Large Tectonics map and around turn 150 it would CTD every time. (8 civs.)

3) Tried to play a Huge Erebus map. CTD as soon as I hit enter on turn 1. (10 civ.)

If there is any way to get those things fixed it would be awesome, since I like the exploring aspects of large maps, barbarian kingdoms and so on. TIA!

Patch D fixed the problems I mentioned. Thanks!

Couple of other issues:

1) The Swift Boots item has a pink square graphic.

2) Getting CTDs when playing on Large or Huge maps. Played about 150 turns on Large Tectonics map and around turn 150 it would CTD every time. (8 civs.)

3) Tried to play a Huge Erebus map. CTD as soon as I hit enter on turn 1. (10 civ.)

If there is any way to get those things fixed it would be awesome, since I like the exploring aspects of large maps, barbarian kingdoms and so on. TIA!

Have you got a save game from one that CtDs? I'd like to take a look at what's causing it...

goto advance post, then look for the button that says manage attachments, then upload the save game.

Alright, let me try that. Sweet.

Attachments

• AutoSave_Initial_Turn_0001.CivBeyondSwordSave
    109.3 KB · Views: 79
  • Deirdra Turn_0123 CTD Large Map.CivBeyondSwordSave
    178.1 KB · Views: 97
hello, unit statistics mod doesn't seem to be functioning properly.

, thanks for the great mod.

hello

i was playing luchuirp: no way to build carnaval, my golem were not promoted even when barnaxus was and the blasting worshop did not give the awaited promotion

thanks

Well, it's a good thing I don't have to wait 2 million turns by default. :)
So far I am enjoying this game. Too bad my scions game went CTD happy.
Did anyone ever have an issue with Ascheron the Red Dragon's roar sound effect that he plays while idle causing the game to freeze? Because that's almost as annoying as not getting courage before fighting him. "Your catapult has been frozen in terror." "HEY!" :)

Oh, what about Military state, it's back to Milatary units, I think. Unless that was fixed with patch D? For some reason that military unit thing is broken ,don't know why though.
Kind of like how BTS patch 3.17 made tanks half useless. :)

Should FF 050 be installed in unpatched FFH 040 or FFH 040q (the current patch when FF 050 was released)? I ask in the interest of clarity, because I've been seeing a lot of confusion hidden in various corners of the forum and no clear answers. I installed on patch q, and I'm assuming that was correct since I've been having a relatively error-free experience, but I'm starting to have doubts and I wanted to be sure before I start my next game.
Just saying "current version" without a number doesn't help because the version changes. If "version" refers to the basic version number without patches, that should also be clarified somewhere right next to the main download.

I have a related question to the one above.

I understand that FF is independent from the main FFH Mod, and that I will not need to update the FFH mod (nor would it have any affect) once I start playing FF. However, noting the interesting changes Keal makes in his frequent patches, if I install his latest patches (by unintstalling FFH; downloading and installing the latest FFH patch; and re-installing FH with latest patch), would there be any difference to the game at all?

We overwrite almost every file from base FfH. The few we don't are ones which Kael isn't too likely to make changes in either.

As such, you can pretty safely install Fall Further fo rthe first time with any version of Fall from Heaven 2 currently installed. The main file which is important is the GameText file, so from that one you may notice a couple of changes if you used the "wrong" base patch. But we do wind up including that file later on in our patches to get the nifty added things (like strategy entries) from Kael's work, so if you patch FF then not even that file matters.

And doing anything to FfH after installing Fall Further has no effect on Fall Further. We will wind up importing any changes that Kael makes ourselves (unless we decide to change how he did it of course)

I have a related question to the one above.

I understand that FF is independent from the main FFH Mod, and that I will not need to update the FFH mod (nor would it have any affect) once I start playing FF. However, noting the interesting changes Keal makes in his frequent patches, if I install his latest patches (by unintstalling FFH; downloading and installing the latest FFH patch; and re-installing FH with latest patch), would there be any difference to the game at all?

I am curious about this as well. I installed Fall further with Patch r although the .50 game says it is for patch q. I've not run into any problems yet and since FFH2 is basically in Fixing up teh civilipedia mode and other bug fixes I was thinking it might be worth my time to do periodically. I would be interested in knowing the designers thoughts on this however.

Hmm, this is weird. In my new game as the Scions I can't seem to spawn any more awakenings. I got a python exception pop up after that magistrate guy got defeated, but I didn't think that broke it. :)

I can't seem to figure out what's wrong. I'm about to build the cathedral of rebirth, so I guess at the very least I can start spamming out the other people spammers. :)

Also, is the Bazzar thing supposed to give 500% increase in Foriegn trade?

Hmm, this is weird. In my new game as the Scions I can't seem to spawn any more awakenings.

Awakened stop coming after awhile. Its connected to your current population.

I'm about to build the cathedral of rebirth, so I guess at the very least I can start spamming out the other people spammers. :)

That's the plan...

Also, is the Bazzar thing supposed to give 500% increase in Foriegn trade?

Yep. Hows that working out?

Ungodly powerful at the moment. :) So far I've wiped out and capitulated Lurchip, the golem people, the Illians, stupid stasis. And the Malakain. I think that's it. The main murdering has been done by the lady in red, who still has male sounds. Might want to fix that. :)

She's got drill 4, a bunch of boosts to random abilties, heroic strength, combat 5, killed Orcus so fast much earlier and used his axe to destroy many more. Found a rod of the winds as well.
Orcus hit her 3 times in the fight, then she hit him once and he died! In one hit! wahaha.

Yeah, I'm enjoying it. :) I also love those abomnations. They run over everything just about. And are really powerful when they get blitz. They're like Tanks. :)

Oh, and war chariots are awesome, etc.
Um, is it me or are the treasure chests much harder to get in FF? I was lucky to trip an dungeon special that stated. "Fame, Fortune, Monster slaying, etc," that gave her free valor and courage. which allowed me to find another special that granted Adventurer, which really made her powerful. :) 60% chance to avoid bad things? Awesome! I wonder if the lairs also grant a slightly higher good chance on the easiest difficulty...

Actually I don't think we have Lairs set to account for difficulty level right now. We have improved how they account for the Adventurer/Hero/Courage promotions though, so such units will now have life even better than before (previously Adventurer gave a slightly lower bonus than it will now, and Hero/Courage didn't apply their bonus in very many places. Now all 3 provide the bonus in the same locations)

Top Bottom