Fall Further - Download and Current Changelog

You have made your point known. How do commander points make the interface explode? Im half wondering if you are talking about the old commander GPPs or if you are talking about the reimplemented battle points.

I like the new system, but A- commanders should be able to gain extra mobility
and B- removing commander points to Titan and Epic are only making those buildings weaker. Still a strong choice, but an overall weaker building.

It causes problems with how the Great Person bar is currently written if the human player has a Unique Unit replacement for one of the Great People. No issue at all if the AI have such a situation. It is a problem in how that bar was written though, not in the game itself. But it would be a pain to rewrite it just so we can have 2 or 3 buildings offer a point or 2 of Commander GPP.

Hi guys, I have installed Fall Further 0.51 + Patch B but whenever I try to play this attached savegame about 2 turns further I get a CTD.
I currently play as Balseraph and I think some event is going to happen there.
I don't know what it is, but I'm sure it doesn't work ;)
Also the option PerfectWorld2, while creating a new game, causes the same effect.

View attachment AutoSave_Runde_0189.CivBeyondSwordSave

I hope somebody can help, cause it really sucks not being able to play this fantastic Mod.

Greetings and highest regards
Highjacker1983

Edit: Sorry, I just recognized that this is the wrong thread, could someone please move it to the "Bug Report" thread?
Thanks in advance!

Hi guys, I have installed Fall Further 0.51 + Patch B but whenever I try to play this attached savegame about 2 turns further I get a CTD.
I currently play as Balseraph and I think some event is going to happen there.
I don't know what it is, but I'm sure it doesn't work ;)
Also the option PerfectWorld2, while creating a new game, causes the same effect.

View attachment 223360

I hope somebody can help, cause it really sucks not being able to play this fantastic Mod.

Greetings and highest regards
Highjacker1983

Edit: Sorry, I just recognized that this is the wrong thread, could someone please move it to the "Bug Report" thread?
Thanks in advance!

Something about the Archos is crashing your game. You can enter the worldbuilder and remove them and it plays fine, but then if you add them back it starts crashing again.

Sheesh, you must play at a REALLY low difficulty level to get multiple settlers from Huts. But it is easily modified to fit your preferences, just look in the Handicaps XML file and it holds a list of Hut rewards.
Yes, as a matter of fact (being the picture of the proverbial "old fart" -- take a look at the picture I associated with my name; pretty much sums me up!!), I DO play at a pretty low ("chieftain") level. In fact, unless I am playing the Elohim, I normally play with "hallowed" ground simply due to the fact that I hate what happens when the armaggeddon counter gets too high... ;)

In that case, great to know you "old farts" are getting into the mod business, at least personally ;) I'd say that you ought to try out a game with the AC enabled, and plan to go Ashen Veil as the Sheaim (both you and your wife, or whoever isn't Sheaim should do Pax Diabolis and sacrifice a city). That puts you at peace with the demons and you can see them tear the rest of the world to pieces :)

First off I want to compliment you guys on the amazing mods that you've done to FfH -- the art work is amazing, most of the spells you've added are really cool, and the heros are neat. However, there is always a "but"... I think that I've found some problems with patch B, most pretty minor but one pretty major (at least too me):

1. You APPEAR to have duplicated what FfH did with Acheron so far as putting him in a "hold" state, then releasing him once he's been defeated. The code in the python (EventManager) APPEARS to be identical. However, one small problem -- the release of the "hold" doesn't work. I've now defeated Acheron TWICE with beastmasters having the "subdue beast" promotion, but Acheron is basically stuck outside of his city (this DOES work in FfH very nicely -- Acheron is released from the "hold" and you can use him as you want). This wouldn't have been quite so big an issue for me except... I couldn't seem to make it so I could rebuild him WITHOUT the hold status. I went to "Units" and put a cost on him (360 same as the other dragons), went to "UnitClasses" and put "2" for the global occurrences and removed the "unique" setting, then went to the python and removed the code for when Acheron is created so I wouldn't duplicate the "Dragon's Hoard" or put Acheron with a "held" promotion. BUT... He doesn't appear in my city's unit build list. Any ideas?

2. There's a couple of world spells that indicate that they aren't available until the Armaggeddon Counter reaches "70" -- Bane Divine and Glory Everlasting. However, they are appearing in my ritual list as soon as I have the technology for them.:confused:

3. This isn't really a bug but... Why the heck did you guys change the way ravenous and blooded werewolves are done? As a personal opinion, I think that the way FfH does it is MUCH better (but, again, just personal preference). It was weird having an ogre running around claiming to be a ravenous werewolf and NOT have him become blooded once he defeated another unit.

4. There's a slight problem with your icon (as pictured in the list of units you currently have selected) for the standard immortal. At least in the game I played they appeared as workers (Kahdi). It felt really weird choosing a worker (even though I KNEW he was an immortal) to attack a city :lol:.

5. OK... So I cheated, but... I allowed the Kahdi to claim a religion (Kilmorph) and build priests. Once they reached the High Priest level, I discovered that they couldn't heal units. Is this intentional or should the Kilmorph High Priest be able to heal?

6. There APPEARS to be a problem in creating the "Master Rancher". My wife was playing the game and built the initial master rancher with a great engineer. She then scheduled the production of one in a city. As soon as it was constructed (i.e. the turn it was due to appear in the city as a constructed building) the game blew up -- indicating an unknown error. I proved this out by removing the master rancher from her schedule (the only thing that changed) and the game continue on fine. I went through the turn where it "blew up" a couple of times to prove to myself that it was the master rancher causing the issue.

Thanks!!!

Once they reached the High Priest level, I discovered that they couldn't heal units. Is this intentional or should the Kilmorph High Priest be able to heal?

The heal spell is granted by the medic 3 promo, which for some reason all the FF high priests lost. Bug or not it's something that should be reverted.

First off I want to compliment you guys on the amazing mods that you've done to FfH -- the art work is amazing, most of the spells you've added are really cool, and the heros are neat. However, there is always a "but"... I think that I've found some problems with patch B, most pretty minor but one pretty major (at least too me):

1. You APPEAR to have duplicated what FfH did with Acheron so far as putting him in a "hold" state, then releasing him once he's been defeated. The code in the python (EventManager) APPEARS to be identical. However, one small problem -- the release of the "hold" doesn't work. I've now defeated Acheron TWICE with beastmasters having the "subdue beast" promotion, but Acheron is basically stuck outside of his city (this DOES work in FfH very nicely -- Acheron is released from the "hold" and you can use him as you want). This wouldn't have been quite so big an issue for me except... I couldn't seem to make it so I could rebuild him WITHOUT the hold status. I went to "Units" and put a cost on him (360 same as the other dragons), went to "UnitClasses" and put "2" for the global occurrences and removed the "unique" setting, then went to the python and removed the code for when Acheron is created so I wouldn't duplicate the "Dragon's Hoard" or put Acheron with a "held" promotion. BUT... He doesn't appear in my city's unit build list. Any ideas?

I haven't captured him in B yet but it worked fine in A

2. There's a couple of world spells that indicate that they aren't available until the Armaggeddon Counter reaches "70" -- Bane Divine and Glory Everlasting. However, they are appearing in my ritual list as soon as I have the technology for them.:confused:

Agree!

6. There APPEARS to be a problem in creating the "Master Rancher". My wife was playing the game and built the initial master rancher with a great engineer. She then scheduled the production of one in a city. As soon as it was constructed (i.e. the turn it was due to appear in the city as a constructed building) the game blew up -- indicating an unknown error. I proved this out by removing the master rancher from her schedule (the only thing that changed) and the game continue on fine. I went through the turn where it "blew up" a couple of times to prove to myself that it was the master rancher causing the issue.

I am not having this problem. I have made All the master equipment buildings in every city in my civ with no problem at all in B with several races.

3. This isn't really a bug but... Why the heck did you guys change the way ravenous and blooded werewolves are done? As a personal opinion, I think that the way FfH does it is MUCH better (but, again, just personal preference). It was weird having an ogre running around claiming to be a ravenous werewolf and NOT have him become blooded once he defeated another unit.

4. There's a slight problem with your icon (as pictured in the list of units you currently have selected) for the standard immortal. At least in the game I played they appeared as workers (Kahdi). It felt really weird choosing a worker (even though I KNEW he was an immortal) to attack a city :lol:.

5. OK... So I cheated, but... I allowed the Kahdi to claim a religion (Kilmorph) and build priests. Once they reached the High Priest level, I discovered that they couldn't heal units. Is this intentional or should the Kilmorph High Priest be able to heal?

Thanks!!!

1. For Acheron, you could make a spell which removes HELD from him, and set it so the AI isn't allowed to cast it. Since it is unlikely anyone but a human ever captures him, it would work fairly well.

2. Report it in the bug thread. The AC requirement simply isn't listed at all in the XML. Someone must have added the AC requirement to a text file for display purposes if it still shows at all.

3. The Ravenous Werewolves will turn Blooded eventually, but they need to regain the default strength for whatever type of unit they are supposed to have been originally. So for stronger units it takes a while, for weaker units it is nearly instant.

Main reason for the change was Foxford, if it flat out gave you a werewolf, then it would be unbalanced to start next to it. So we needed the Werewolf promotion to actually DO something. Once it DID do something, the werewolf unit was found to be less than satisfactory for the job. It'll just take time to get accustomed to the new system, but in the end it should (hopefully) prove to be enjoyable and better than the original implementation.

4. Bug thread it please. But it might be intended for all I know.

5. Would be a good discussion for the balance thread. I imagine it was an oversight though.

6. To prove that it is the building, you need to not build it on that turn (game passes turn successfully) but then also build it on another turn (and have the game crash). I can't think of why a random number would be generated for the production of that building, but shifting the RNG by 1 use can change the AI turn dramatically. It'll still be worth checking out, but since someone else reports they aren't causing him issues that means it will probably be hard to replicate on our end. And what we cannot replicate, we cannot fix :(

1. For Acheron, you could make a spell which removes HELD from him, and set it so the AI isn't allowed to cast it. Since it is unlikely anyone but a human ever captures him, it would work fairly well.
OK.. I've done quite a few "mods", but all in either XML files or a couple in the python (like dropping Brigit's requirement to "10" -- except for the vampires, I've never gotten a unit to 15). However, I have never made a spell... How would I go about this? Thanks!

CIV4SpellInfos.xml, you want to set up a spell which uses RemovePromotion (whatever it is called) to remove PROMOTION_HELD (or whatever IT is called...) and has a prereq of UNIT_ACHERON and nothing else.
Cool!!!! Thanks Xienwolf -- you are THE MAN. Adding this spell would probably break saved games, right?

I've looked around the "Creation and Customization" forum and am having problems finding the RIGHT spot to ask this question since it specifically applies to FF (I think!!!).

I added some resources to the standard FfH game which I have since migrated to FF (coal, sulphur, silver, potato). I would LIKE to add them to the applicable corporations (especially the Stonefire Guild), but am missing something... I added them to the appropriate guild in the "CorporationInfos" folder, but the game "breaks" (unknown error) when I try to run it. So obviously I'm missing some other place that needs to be updated.

Can someone either answer this question directly or point me to the FF forum where the question should be asked?

Thanks.

Corporations currently have ahard limit on the number of resources they're allowed to use. 5, I think.

I think this limit is in the dll.

Corporations currently have ahard limit on the number of resources they're allowed to use. 5, I think.

I think this limit is in the dll.
So... I should be able to add one (1) resource to the Stonefire Guild and replace one in the Fabricaforma without a problem? I'm thinking about adding either coal or stone to Stonefire (I've added these two bonuses, one tied to improved forge performance -- coal -- and one that enhanced the ability to construct certain types of buildings -- stone) and replace iron with silver in Fabricaforma (given the other resources used here, silver makes more sense than iron).

Do you know if this change would break saved games? If I ever figure out the Dannmos problem, I'd like to finish my game(s) with him.

Thanks for the feedback!!!!

Top Bottom