Fall Further - Download and Current Changelog

This is an awesome game! One thing I've noticed though: The Ai never seems to use ships other than work boats. I miss enemy invasion fleets and such! Has anyone else noticed this?

This is an awesome game! One thing I've noticed though: The Ai never seems to use ships other than work boats. I miss enemy invasion fleets and such! Has anyone else noticed this?

For so long we never even talk about it anymore. Failing in the AI. On the "To Do" list.

I only play maps with 1 continent anymore because of it.

If you like lakes, try tectonics but change it to 30% water. For comparison I would say the lakes map is 10% water. I tend to think of one as lakes and the other as Seas. That is what I have started playing. Gives you the best of both worlds.

Just for clarification...

- I was a little surprised in producing units when, immediately after being trained, they ALREADY had the courage promotion (different than in standard FfH). Is this because 1) "Hope" had been constructed in the city by a mage or 2) there was a mage in the city who could apply the courage promotion or 3) is there some other completely different reason for the AUTOMATIC courage promotion? :crazyeye:

- I was going in to attack Hyborem with Chalid in my stack. A couple of my favorite spells are (don't hold my to the names) "pillar of fire" and "blinding light", both of which I normally get with Chalid when I put in two "sun" promotions. When I selected Chalid, much to my surprise, he did NOT have these spells :cry:. I compared the "FfH" units XML and the one for "FF" and they APPEAR identical. What am I missing here? Have you removed these spells from Chalid's abilities in some way?

Thanks.

- I was going in to attack Hyborem with Chalid in my stack. A couple of my favorite spells are (don't hold my to the names) "pillar of fire" and "blinding light", both of which I normally get with Chalid when I put in two "sun" promotions. When I selected Chalid, much to my surprise, he did NOT have these spells :cry:. I compared the "FfH" units XML and the one for "FF" and they APPEAR identical. What am I missing here? Have you removed these spells from Chalid's abilities in some way?

FF weakened Chalid a bit. Initially, the Pillar of Fire spell was used for both Chalid and Seraphs. A while back, Kael removed it from Seraphs, while Vehem did the opposite... So now in FfH Chalid has it, and in FF (and FFPlus), Seraphs have it.

Blinding Light I'm not sure on, all it says is it requires Sun 2.

Actually, I don't think Seraphim and Chalid did not have the spells at the same time. Before the Sorcery-Summoning merge, spell spheres were used for divine spells too. Ring of Fire and Pillar of Fire were the Divine Fire II and Divine Fire III spells. Seraphim, Confessors, Ritualists, and (briefly) Vicars all had Fire I, Divine, and Channeling II which let them get Fire II and all cast the same Ring of Fire spell, while Seraphim, Priors, Profanes, and Luridi had channeling III and so could get Fire III for Pillar of Fire. (Hmm..now that I think of it, Chalid might have had Fire too, I don't recall ever using them with him. He had both Divine and Summoning magic, so I think I wouldhave remembered if he could summon fire elementals.) When the system was overhauled, Ring of Fire was moved to the AV priests and Pillar of Fire (rather oddly) to Chalid, while the Order priests (who are clearly described in lore as using both of these fire divine spells) were left with neither. FfH has not updated the Seraphim unit since this change (well, except for a recent change in graphics to give them 3 pairs of animated wings), so they instead have access to the arcane fire spells plus they have a completely useless Divine promotion. (Of course, if you edit the angel gifting code like I always do then they have a religion and can thus cast high priest spells.)

Quick question on the flexible difficulty option as am I not sure how it works. I started up a game with it selected and chose Monarch difficulty. But the entire game no matter what my position in points the game was displaying Deity difficulty.

I think it made alot more sense back when Order and Veil both had Pillar of Fire. In my mind it made converting the remnant neutrals to either side much more sensible.

but se la vi ^_^

Question: What exactly does the miscast chance given to casters by Weird Wrack do?

Question: What exactly does the miscast chance given to casters by Weird Wrack do?

Casters get a % chance to fail casting, and if they do the cant cast at all for a few turns. (2? 3?). That's all "IIRC." I'm pretty sure I tested it relatively recently.

It could be interesting if we could mod a python function in case of miscast (the same way in case of success), so that some spells could have custom impact on failure, don't you think ? (should not be too difficult ? do as now if no function defined and run the function if defined).

You can specify a python function to run on miscast, AND whenever a unit miscasts there is a "Cannot Cast" promotion attached to them with a random duration of up to 3 turns (so a 25% chance of no effect, and unless they have twincast really a 50% chance of not impacting effect, as a duration 1 promotion will be removed the same time your ability to cast again is restored). Max duration can be set via Global Define, as well as selection of which promotion is applied to the unit.

With the land carrier option, you could have a "gondola" unit, available at, say Optics?

And small infantry can load into the gondola, or heroes, and Large flying beasts could pick up the Gondola (gondola loads onto the flying creature) and carry it off to battle.

For instance, Large Griffons, and Dragons. I know dragons don't like to be ridden, but what about carrying a small gondola?

Top Bottom