1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Fall Further Plus

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by Valkrionn, May 4, 2009.

1. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

It did? Doesn't crash on my end..... I'll have to look at it.

2. Opera

Opera Deity

I'm going to start a game with the wild nodes. Do I need not to use Flavour Starts? I think I read it caused many mana nodes to appear at the starting positions, causing some troubles.

3. Valkrionn

Flavour start only caused problems when they were placed naturally. They way I have it now, it won't cause any issues at all. :goodjob:

4. Deamon

Deamon Chieftain

I can confirm that. Flavour start works as intended now. :)

5. Valkrionn

It was causing problems because the mana types were spawning like normal resources...... Now they're converted via python on initialization. Slows the game start slightly, but it allows me to spawn held defenders and toggle it via a game option. And control the amount of mana per mapsize. I like it much better, personally. :goodjob:

6. The NeverTide

The NeverTide Chieftain

Sweet! :D Looking forward to it!

7. Opera

Opera Deity

Hmm... I've started my game but I've not seen any wild nodes... Maybe because I started on a rather small island with the Luchuirp nearby (to bad we couldn't get along). I check the Wild Mana box... I should check in the WB if there is some somewhere but I don't want to spoil myself seeing the map :)

8. Deamon

Deamon Chieftain

Noticed a new CTD issue.. Pressing the little helmet (that displays hostile units). Also only with this mod + wild mana

9. BenjaminEmbarec

BenjaminEmbarec Warlord

THAT is what caused me to lose my massive Malakim Empire? *cries* I was wondering why it crashed, but my comp does some wierd things on it's own that arn't repeatable so I thought it was just me. :/

10. Valkrionn

Agh. Now I'm going to HAVE to reinstall and test haha. Hadn't yet because I was busy modding. :lol:

11. Valkrionn

Depending on map size, it adds different amounts of mana, in random places.... Same function as the ritual, which is why it points them out..... gonna have to work on that. :lol:

I did a fresh install but am unable to duplicate either of these.......

12. far_wanderer

far_wanderer Prince

Slight problem with the Legion of D'Tesh: the Council of Four is not actually available. Some quick research revealed that this was because they were listed as UNITCLASS_MAGE, the same as Chosen of D'Tesh. Changing this to UNITCLASS_ARCHMAGE fixed the problem.

13. Valkrionn

I'll fix it, but please, any bugs with the Legion should go here. I had no part in their development, I just got permission to incorporate them. :p

14. far_wanderer

far_wanderer Prince

I had actually planned on posting there, but then I noticed that the mod had been around for almost a year and no one had mentioned a similar bug. So I assumed it was only in the FF+ version. My bad.

...and I see you've already mentioned it in the proper place - thanks!

15. Valkrionn

It's not a big deal, really. Just think it would be easier for Mailbox if the bugs are in his thread. It's actually a very old civilization, that was dropped because he didn't have time to keep it up... He just revived it. :lol: I look through the thread there for bugs constantly, but I won't touch balance issues... His civ. :goodjob:

16. Deamon

Deamon Chieftain

:cringe: Guess it's time for me to reinstall civ completely and see if that helps.

17. Valkrionn

Don't think that's necessary.... maybe completely delete FFPlus and reinstall? I DID see the problems before I fixed the DLL, but can't duplicate them now. Even tried using the Wild Mana I uploaded to make sure I uploaded the correct one.

Edit: Or at least, I winmerged them...... Maybe I should try an actual game. Busy merging something secret in though haha

18. Deamon

Deamon Chieftain

Unfortunately it had no effect.. :( Not that it matter much right now though. My current game with D'tesh(?) is getting boring.. Not even 300 turn in to it on epic/immortal and I'm about to breach 2000 point while my closest competitor is around 350. Oh, did I mention I'm reserching 2.5k+ each turn.. kinda broken. :p

19. Valkrionn

Haha yes, the D'tesh can be rather broken. They need quite a bit of balancing for them to be not too weak, but not too powerful, seeing as they HAVE to use combat to grow.

20. Opera

Opera Deity

Is it intended that the Hippogriff is an Animal unit rather than a Beast? I had the event with which it is possible to choose to get a Hunter with Subdue Animals and I fought a Hippogriff. I wasn't thinking I could tame it but I did. Quite surprising, considering that the Griffon is a Beast... isn't it?