Fall Further Plus

Hunters tame anything with a unitcombat_animal, or at least should..... Unless there's some python involved, in which case, the new animals and packs will not be capturable. Going to check now.

edit: Nope, it should automatically capture all unitcombat_animal units. Going to have to test it in game now. :lol:

Oh, ok. I always believed Griffons where beasts, don't know why... Maybe they are in Orbis.

What happens with the D'teshis is the same thing that happens with any other civ (except Kurios). You are a normal size civ until you go conquer someone else, then you are a big civ with extra land and resources and maybe a wonder that you didn't even have to build. If you could conquer another civ to begin with you must have been doing allright, so with twice the land and resources you most likely are going to steamroll everything.

The legion just takes this to the extreme.

I do like them though. I always thought FFH and FF were lacking in the "braaaiiiiiinnnnnnsss" eating aggressive zombie undead department. And their fun to play.

Oh and cave bears are scary... perhaps even scary enough to make me consider the recon line, good job :)

Edit: So long as I'm messing with the DLL for the option, I think I'll merge in Greyfox's Better Pedia mod as well.

Neat! I always liked the pedia modification from Rhyes' better though.

I do like them though. I always thought FFH and FF were lacking in the "braaaiiiiiinnnnnnsss" eating aggressive zombie undead department. And their fun to play.

They really are. Their production and commerce abilities are just too much. By building graveyards you can create truly monstrous plots, and you aren't limited in the size of your cities by trivial things like happiness or health. I find they lack a bit in combat ability, but that's pretty irrelevant since you can always make more zombies!

Having really liked the new Doviello, I decided to try a slightly different strategy with them. The results were impressive, I think you may have underestimated the potential of shared XP for new units, the dueling mechanic, and a player who is comfortable sitting back and not sending out a bunch of units.

About thirty turns into the game, I had built everything I needed to for the immediate future. There wasn't a whole lot to explore, so Lucien was sufficient for that purpose by himself. I started building scouts, getting about one every two turns at that point. Every time one popped out, he challenged the previous one, so I only ever had one scout (with a huge amount of XP) when the next one was built. By the time I founded Fellowship of Leaves my lone scout was ready to go find Brigit, and new scouts were popping out with more than 150xp on them.
When you only have one unit of a specific type at a time, it seemed like about half of the duels result in the bigger one getting a promotion, because it seems to gain more xp when its opponent has more xp (whether the rival unit has actually spent that xp or not).

What happens with the D'teshis is the same thing that happens with any other civ (except Kurios). You are a normal size civ until you go conquer someone else, then you are a big civ with extra land and resources and maybe a wonder that you didn't even have to build. If you could conquer another civ to begin with you must have been doing allright, so with twice the land and resources you most likely are going to steamroll everything.

The legion just takes this to the extreme.

Oh and cave bears are scary... perhaps even scary enough to make me consider the recon line, good job :)

Basically, yes..... I like them for the same reasons though. :lol:

Glad you like the cave bears haha.

Hello

I have pink squares for units when I put the mouse on cities

Which units? Can you provide a save? I've never seen that.

Neat! I always liked the pedia modification from Rhyes' better though.

Having some issues importing it, actually..... May not get around to it anytime soon.

Having really liked the new Doviello, I decided to try a slightly different strategy with them. The results were impressive, I think you may have underestimated the potential of shared XP for new units, the dueling mechanic, and a player who is comfortable sitting back and not sending out a bunch of units.

About thirty turns into the game, I had built everything I needed to for the immediate future. There wasn't a whole lot to explore, so Lucien was sufficient for that purpose by himself. I started building scouts, getting about one every two turns at that point. Every time one popped out, he challenged the previous one, so I only ever had one scout (with a huge amount of XP) when the next one was built. By the time I founded Fellowship of Leaves my lone scout was ready to go find Brigit, and new scouts were popping out with more than 150xp on them.
When you only have one unit of a specific type at a time, it seemed like about half of the duels result in the bigger one getting a promotion, because it seems to gain more xp when its opponent has more xp (whether the rival unit has actually spent that xp or not).

Yeah, when units duel they gain some of the other units xp....... I think I'm going to have to put a sliding scale into it, so as the experience of the other units go up, the returns decrease.

Anyone want to volunteer to be a playtester? Only requirements are that you are willing to try out new features, find any bugs/issues, and are able to keep them secret. :lol: Only need a few, so first come first serve. :p

I thought I was the forum's official exploit I mean play tester... ;3

I'll probably wait till it just comes out then find like a half dozen exploits then instead like I'm doing to everyone else. :p

Anyone want to volunteer to be a playtester? Only requirements are that you are willing to try out new features, find any bugs/issues, and are able to keep them secret. :lol: Only need a few, so first come first serve. :p

I'd be glad to help in the future, but I'll be gone this weekend, which I'm assuming is when you would want the help.

What days? I can game any day cept sundays.

Top Bottom