Fallout: The Rebirth of Civilization

Partizanac made some demolished buildings perhaps some of them are quite usable for critters and COS... (Esp the factory looked quite good to me)

Partizanac made some demolished buildings perhaps some of them are quite usable for critters and COS... (Esp the factory looked quite good to me)

Samez, can you provide a link in the buildings thread in the Workshop? I want to check those out. :D

:nuke: Cheers, Thorgrimm :nuke:

How it's going, Thor!
Quite the good mod you have done! It's still a beta, but it's very good already!
I like the "Survive" and then "Rebuild from the ashes" theme you used.
I mean - The first priority in the wastes is to survive. After that, to thrive.

And man - just beggining to play it - But looks very good. Expect a bigger opinion later, you mod is very good!

How it's going, Thor!
Quite the good mod you have done! It's still a beta, but it's very good already!
I like the "Survive" and then "Rebuild from the ashes" theme you used.
I mean - The first priority in the wastes is to survive. After that, to thrive.

And man - just beggining to play it - But looks very good. Expect a bigger opinion later, you mod is very good!

Slaughter glad to see you are enjoying it. Check out the Sci Fi workshop for all the latest info on what is happening with the mod. I think you will be pleased. :D

And I look forward to your opinion.

I've been downloading mods off here for few years, but this is the first time I've felt prompted to write. I really love all the work you've done here, the eras and tech really caught the feel, I think of fallout, In fact I installed fallout 2 and started playing it again :). I've played 2 games as Enclave midway thru Survival era and 1 as children and noticed same thing ETOC was always wiping out the vault very quickly. I started game as vault and halfway thru survival are waves of bot infantry came pouring into. Been playing Etoc @ Emperor difficulty to see why and then I saw it. They automatically get electronics as soon as they get hit the survival era, which means the can immediatly make automated factories and Bot Infantry, I killed off Unity b4 I had researched a single tech in Survival, It takes 6-7 Bot Infantry to kill the turret on capital city, and because 2 movement only loss 2 taking the city. I understand why you would want to give it to them earlier there robots, makes sense they would know it plus the BOt infantry @ 15-10 pale compared to enclaved power 18-18 armor. Possibly make some better defensive troops availible early in survival or real late in the first era, the vault cites where only defened by militia, they couldn't make anything better yet. I hope this helps, ps I had to fix little problem with not having settlers for vault or workers for enclave too (removed the tech requirment) seemed to work fine then.

I've been downloading mods off here for few years, but this is the first time I've felt prompted to write. I really love all the work you've done here, the eras and tech really caught the feel, I think of fallout, In fact I installed fallout 2 and started playing it again :). I've played 2 games as Enclave midway thru Survival era and 1 as children and noticed same thing ETOC was always wiping out the vault very quickly. I started game as vault and halfway thru survival are waves of bot infantry came pouring into. Been playing Etoc @ Emperor difficulty to see why and then I saw it. They automatically get electronics as soon as they get hit the survival era, which means the can immediatly make automated factories and Bot Infantry, I killed off Unity b4 I had researched a single tech in Survival, It takes 6-7 Bot Infantry to kill the turret on capital city, and because 2 movement only loss 2 taking the city. I understand why you would want to give it to them earlier there robots, makes sense they would know it plus the BOt infantry @ 15-10 pale compared to enclaved power 18-18 armor. Possibly make some better defensive troops availible early in survival or real late in the first era, the vault cites where only defened by militia, they couldn't make anything better yet. I hope this helps, ps I had to fix little problem with not having settlers for vault or workers for enclave too (removed the tech requirment) seemed to work fine then.

Umm, there are no tech requirements for workers, and the Vaulters CAN build Vault Citizens from the get go, I see them do it all the time. :D

The Bots are designed for just that, big bad asses, that will roll through any unprepared civ. The Unity is the only civ that can stop them early, their mutie melee units especially if you use the enslave upgrade chain properly can wipe the bots out. Seen it half a dozen times done by the AI. :D

The Big three, as it were, are the EOTC, Enclave and BOS. if you let them get huge and don't have a coalition built against which ever one is huge, you will die. This is not a standard civ scenario, you need to think outside the box. ;) :D

I am glad you are enjoying the mod. Keep the feedback coming in. :)

Yup the tech requirement made it impossible to build COS, Unity and Vault workers and settlers (they all required the starting tech of each nation but somehow it didn't work if they are not played by the ai...
I thought it would have just been at my version cause i twqeaked the bic a little bit (NCR Rangers esp...)

Yup the tech requirement made it impossible to build COS, Unity and Vault workers and settlers (they all required the starting tech of each nation but somehow it didn't work if they are not played by the ai...
I thought it would have just been at my version cause i twqeaked the bic a little bit (NCR Rangers esp...)

Umm, I HAVE played all the civs, so I do not know what you all were doing wrong, but they ARE available. I have had others on Dac play the Unity and the Vaulters and it was reported it was too easy with the Vaulters because they make their SETTLERS too fast. So I have no idea why you had problems. :confused:

Question! Does this mod require Conquests to play? Or does it just need Vanilla Civ 3?

It requires Conquests and the 1.22 patch for Conquests.

Umm, I HAVE played all the civs, so I do not know what you all were doing wrong, but they ARE available. I have had others on Dac play the Unity and the Vaulters and it was reported it was too easy with the Vaulters because they make their SETTLERS too fast. So I have no idea why you had problems. :confused:

I met the exact same problem Samez mentions and had to remove the starting techs requirements for vault settlers. Oh! and same with the melee and armored ghouls too. The comp could build them just fine but not me.

Huge congrats for this brilliant mod :)

I met the exact same problem Samez mentions and had to remove the starting techs requirements for vault settlers. Oh! and same with the melee and armored ghouls too. The comp could build them just fine but not me.

Huge congrats for this brilliant mod :)

I stand corrected folks. For some reason the comp can build those units and the human player can't. This is why I need playtesters. I can only use one civ to watch the AI's actions, and in debug mode I see them building them. So I have removed the tech requirements for those units. If anybody spots any more of those, please shout it out in the Fallout forum. :D

On a positive note you could have hit upon another exploit that could be used by scenario designers to give the AI a "leg up". Very Nice mod by the way.

A few days ago I got the Fallout Collection. I haven't played much because I was waiting to upgrade my computer. Now I have and reinstalled all my games, and now while looking for new mods that I might download for Civ 3 I see this.

On a positive note you could have hit upon another exploit that could be used by scenario designers to give the AI a "leg up". Very Nice mod by the way.

King Arthur, I never looked at it that way, but yeah that exploit could be used to give the AI a leg up.:)

Thanks for the compliment dude. :D

@Chukchi Husky, it must be your lucky day. ;) :D

So.. where exactly does it say that the Ambience sounds DL will overwrite the original Civ files, that are essential for running the game?? Cos I sure as hell don`t want no Fallout Wind Howling in my WH session, and now I`m stuck with it, cos the game needs them to run, so I can`t delete them, and restore them later, for a FO session.

Dammit! I`m seriously pissed off!

So.. where exactly does it say that the Ambience sounds DL will overwrite the original Civ files, that are essential for running the game?? Cos I sure as hell don`t want no Fallout Wind Howling in my WH session, and now I`m stuck with it, cos the game needs them to run, so I can`t delete them, and restore them later, for a FO session.

Dammit! I`m seriously pissed off!

well it is better to be pissed off than pissed on. And since the ambient sounds are not in the main dl, you should have been smart enough to backup any files you wanted to keep. Standard fare in ANY addition of a mod to a game.

So, the WH mod has no ambient sounds in its package?

Yes it does. In a separate folder, inside the WH folder. It does not mess with teh games original files.

And you should have been smart enough to warn people about it, I`ve never seen a mod that would $%&"-up the original game, they all use their own folders.

well it is better to be pissed off than pissed on. And since the ambient sounds are not in the main dl, you should have been smart enough to backup any files you wanted to keep. Standard fare in ANY addition of a mod to a game.

What did i tell you in post #11 ? :nono:

What did i tell you in post #11 ? :nono:

Well I will tell you this gents, I had assumed the folks that dled this mod had a higher than average intellect, but I see that may not be the case in this instance and some need to have their hands held and told what to do.

If that is the case stormy, use theirs and stop whining like a lil boy.

@Heretic, you know where you can stick that finger you are waving in my direction.

:nuke: Thorgrimm :nuke:

Top Bottom