Fantasy Empires

Yup I sent an email already!

*Progress Report v1.1*

-New strategic resource is added: Wood Elf Village. [With this resource the players
will be able to train the Wood Elven units.]

-New Units are added: - Barbarian Warrior is added as basic barbarian unit
- Halberdier
- Wood Elf Warrior [Strategic Resource - Wood Elf Village will be required to train the unit]
- Wood Elf Archer [Strategic Resource - Wood Elf Village will be required to train the unit]
- Forestguard [Wood Elven unit];[Strategic Resource - Wood Elf Village will be required to train the unit]

^
*NOTE* Thx to Kinboat for the awesome Elven unit gfx!

-Units removed:
- Mercenary Knight
- Mercenary Swordsman

-Lot of high quality icons are added to the Civilopedia. All advances have custom icons now!

-Units are balanced and tweaked

-New Civilization Advances are added:
- Weapon Crafting [Era 1]
- Armor Smithing [Era 1]
- Sword Crafting [Era 1]
- Bowcrafting [Era 1]
- Pike Making [Era 1]
- Light Infantry Armor [Era 1]
- Shield Making [Era 1]
- The Swordsman [Era 1]
- The Bowman [Era 1]
- The Pikeman [Era 1]
- Weapon Crafting -Advanced Level [Era 2]
- Axe Making [Era 2]
- Sword Crafting -Advanced Level [Era 2]
- Bowcrafting -Advanced Level [Era 2]
- Armor Smithing -Advanced Level [Era 2]
- Medium Infantry Armor [Era 2]
- Cavalry Armor [Era 2]
- The Elite Swordsman [Era 2]
- The Axeman [Era 2]
- The Longbowman [Era 2]
- The Lancer [Era 2]
- The Halberdier [Era 2]
- Polearms -Advanced Level [Era 2]

-Civilopedia is updated

-Civilization Advances are balanced
-Various bugs are fixed

-Science Advisor Screen is updated [Arrows are added to link the advances]

I plan to add Orc Camps as strategic resource, so the players will be able to train Orcs. Also I will add a new advance to Era 1 and Era 2, and it will allow to train the Orcs and Elves. Beast Mastery isnt the perfect advance for these new units.

Era 3 and Era 4 will have lot of new advances too, so have no worries.
Also lot of new stuff is coming! :)

If someone could help in 1 thing, I would be really happy. I wanna replace the jungles with some other 'forest type'.
If someone could make a decent gfx for it, that would be really good. I will try to make it however.......

If someone could help in 1 thing, I would be really happy. I wanna replace the jungles with some other 'forest type'.

What are you looking for.;) I think they look great the way they are.:)

Hum....jungle isnt bad, but I dont like it. Jungles in a fantasy mod.....nah. :rolleyes:

Hm I want some new forest type. Dunno what kind yet hehe. :D

what about having a "forest of light", a kind of holy forest and a "forest of death" a kind of unholy forest. Ive seen that in a game called age of wonders, its pretty cool... =D

I was just thinking it would be cool to change the jungle into a Mirkwood setting... Dark with lots of spiderwebs

I dont now if its possible to add another terrain type (so thats its more terrain types). If it isnt then you could settle with only two sea terrains...

How about swamp..... fantasy lands always have black bogs teeming with evil......

Hmmm....yea dark woods with spiderwebs. Good idea.
Swamp is a good idea as well. Maybe some enchanted forest....

Im still hesitating hehe. :)
Well first I must find a source to make. [I have a few ideas, so stay tuned :D]

Little update:

v1.1 is soon finished. Its hard work, so sorry for the delay. :)
I added the Era 3 new techs + unique icons for them!

About the new 'forest'. I think I will make this for 1.2, since it will take a lot time, to make it perfect. Im still hesitating that what to make: Wastelands, Swamp, some kind of enchanted forest.....
This will be a hard decision hehe.

More news coming soon. ;)

A desolate wasteland enviorment or dark bog/swamp would both be good options. I didn't even think of wasteland until you brought up the idea, but it work well. Either would lend to an enviroment for 'evil' resources to come from.

WOW guys you all will be excited! I think I should call the upcoming release Fantasy Empires 2.0, because it will contain LOT of updates, additions etc.

I added 40! new techs so far, with unique - high quality civilopedia icons, 11 new units [Balrog, Ballista, Trebuchet, Elves etc] - [I will add a few more], improved road, irrigation and rivers gfx, and much more!

The mod is coming out very soon. I HAD to repack the mod, since lot of stuff deleted, updated, added. However it will be 1-2 big files instead of 15 little files! :cool:

release it. :whipped: You are diving me nuts.

Ok the next release will be v2.0. I added lot of new contents, so the mod deserved it. :D

Anyways, the making of 2.0 will last longer, than I expected. What is left? I must edit the civilopedia, add like 10 more icons, balance the new units. I will add the new 'forest' gfx to a later patch.
I will post new screenshots as well. The download will be ~45Mb thx to the new units..

2.0 is coming, so be ready! :king:

New screenshot from Fantasy Empires 2.0! - Some new icons from the Civilopedia [Not all of them, these are just examples]

The screenshot is in the 'screenshot section'. [The first post in the thread ;)]

More screenshots are coming soon. :)

the screenshot\icons are awsome.:)

Ok right now, Fantasy Empires 2.0 will have 84 techs, and ALL of them got own civilopedia icons! All of them high quality icons, like you can see on screenshot #1.

Maybe I will add few more.
Hmmm whats left to do in 2.0?
Right now im editing civilopedia and updating some gfx.
After that Im adding the arrows to the civilopedia, sp the advances will be linked finally.

This is hard work guys, so please be patient, but you all will excited when 2.0 is ready, thats for sure! :cool:

I really like your icons Balrog, do you mind if i steal some of them and use them in MEM?

Originally posted by Yoda Power
I really like your icons Balrog, do you mind if i steal some of them and use them in MEM?

Na its ok Yoda! Just use them, if you want. :)

Top Bottom