Fantasy Empires

Originally posted by "The Master"
May I use some of your graphics (like the civilopedia icons at the top of the page) in my mod?
+

Sure its ok! :)

Hum, well if you ask me, its better to make your own icons, than use some from an other Civ3 mod.
But as I said, its ok if you wanna use them. :)

Good news! Fantasy Empires 2.0 will be released tomorrow!
I will post more details, that what is changed later today. :king:

Balrog, really great looking work. I can only imagine the amount of work you must have put into this Fantasy Mod. The screenshots look fantastic. This must have been a labor of love. I can really appreciate all the work you put into this. This kind of stuff takes alot of time and hard work. Thank you for sharing your mod with everyone.

You da man! :worshp: :worshp: :worshp:

Looks great! Tastes great! Must be great!!! :goodjob:

Telgar.....[dance]

Hehe thx Telgar. :)
Yup its hard work, but making a gfx mod, like yours is propably even harder! [Im not a gfx guru.]

v2.0 will be ready today, there will be a temporal download site, Thunderfall will put the mod up as 1 file to the civfanatics servers very soon! :)

Doh the temp host wasnt too good... Im searching for another. Sorry for the delay lads. :mad:

I like the screenshots you put up I hope you are releasing Fantasy Empires 2.0 today. :)

FANTASY EMPIRES v2.0 is ready!

Download link is in the Downloads section. [#2. post in the thread] ->http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?postid=770407#post770407

What's new in Fantasy Empires v2.0?

New strategic resources are added:

- Wood Elf Village. [With this resource the players will be able to train the Wood Elven units.]

- Magic Node [This resource will be needed to summon specific units.]

- Orc Camp [This resource will be needed to recruit orcs.]

New Units are added:

- Barbarian Warrior is added as basic barbarian unit; [New .flc gfx]

- Barbarian Rider is added as advanced barbarian unit; [New .flc gfx]

- Halberdier [Era 2]

- Wood Elf Warrior [Strategic Resource - Wood Elf Village and The Elves advance is required to train the unit]

- Wood Elf Archer [Strategic Resource - Wood Elf Village and The Elves advance is required to train the unit]

- Forestguard [Wood Elven unit]; [Strategic Resource - Wood Elf Village and The Elves advance is required to train the unit]

- Axeman with new .flc animations; [Era 2]

- Crossbowman [Era 3]

- Daemon [Daemon Portal advance and the Magic Node strategic resource is required to build the unit]; [Era 4]

- Dark Knight [Dark Portal advance and the Magic Node strategic resource is required to build the unit]; [Era 3]

- Ballista [Siege Weaponry advance is required to build the unit]; [Era 2]

- Trebuchet [Siege Weaponry -Master Level is required to build the unit]; [Era 3]

- Orc Warrior [Orc Camp strategic resource and The Orcs advance is required to build the unit]

^
*NOTE* Big thanks to Kinboat for the awesome Elven, Griffon, Balrog and other units!

Units removed:

- Mercenary Knight
- Mercenary Swordsman

Lot of high quality icons are added to the Civilopedia.

Units are balanced and tweaked

Civilization Advance renamed: -Siege Weapons -> Siege Weaponry

New Civilization Advances are added:

- Weapon Crafting [Era 1]
- Armor Smithing [Era 1]
- Sword Crafting [Era 1]
- Bowcrafting [Era 1]
- Pike Making [Era 1]
- Light Infantry Armor [Era 1]
- Shield Making [Era 1]
- The Swordsman [Era 1]
- The Bowman [Era 1]
- The Pikeman [Era 1]
- The Horseman [Era 1]
- Chariot Construction [Era 1]

-Weapon Crafting -Advanced Level [Era 2]
- Axe Making [Era 2]
- Sword Crafting -Advanced Level [Era 2]
- Bowcrafting -Advanced Level [Era 2]
- Armor Smithing -Advanced Level [Era 2]
- Medium Infantry Armor [Era 2]
- Cavalry Armor [Era 2]
- The Elite Swordsman [Era 2]
- The Axeman [Era 2]
- The Longbowman [Era 2]
- The Lancer [Era 2]
- The Halberdier [Era 2]
- Polearms -Advanced Level [Era 2]
- War Chariot Construction [Era 2]
- Siege Weaponry -Advanced Level [Era 2]
- Foreign Races [Era 2]
- The Orcs [Era 2]
- The Elves [Era 2]

- Weapon Crafting -Master Level [Era 3]
- Armor Smithing -Master Level [Era 3]
- Heavy Infantry Weaponry [Era 3]
- Heavy Cavalry Weaponry [Era 3]
- Heavy Infantry Armor [Era 3]
- Heavy Cavalry Armor [Era 3]
- Shield Making -Master Level [Era 3]
- Crossbow Making [Era 3]
- The Knight [Era 3]
- The Elite Heavy Infantry [Era 3]
- Dark Portal [Era 3]
- Siege Weaponry -Master Level [Era 3]

- Daemons Gate [Era 4]

Satrapy is now an Era 4 advance

Civilization Advances Removed:

- Infantry Weapons
- Advanced Infantry Weapons
- Elite Infantry Weapons
- Advanced Cavalry Training

Civilopedia is updated
Civilization Advances are balanced
Rules are balanced
Various bugs are fixed

Science Advisor Screen is updated [Arrows are added to link the advances]

New 'Rivers' terrain gfx
Updated 'Roads' terrain gfx

New Centaur's Den [Strategic Resource] gfx
New Mercenary Keep [Strategic Resource] gfx
New Giant Spider's Lair [Strategic Resource] gfx
Updated Dragon's Cave [Strategic Resource] gfx
Updated Griffin's Nest [Strategic Resource] gfx

Updated and categorized Units.xls

I can't download the parts. it says it's downloading but it's not.:confused:

Err Balrog,
When i download v2.0 i seem to be getting a VERY poor transfer rate (e.g. 0.5kb/s, 858bites/s) and I have broadband, so i was wondering if it is your site or there is just summat weired going on?

Originally posted by Raw is War?
Err Balrog,
When i download v2.0 i seem to be getting a VERY poor transfer rate (e.g. 0.5kb/s, 858bites/s) and I have broadband, so i was wondering if it is your site or there is just summat weired going on?

Same with me.;)

Damn its prolly because its a local free [Hungarian] host. Im getting the files with 200 kb/sec.....The downloading speed is propably screwed abroad. :mad:

I emailed to Thunderfall to put up the files to the Civfanatics server. :)

yeah. :yeah: I can't wait to play it.:)

Hehe you will like it.

Oh yes one thing. If any of you will have suggestions, that what to change or tweak, post it here, or send me a mail. :)

Ok guys, Thunderfall cant download the v2.0 files, because the host is damn slow abroad. I will take down the links.

New download link will be up tomorrow. It will be a temporal but fast free host. After that Thunderfall will download it, and he will put the mod up to the Civfanatics server! :)

can't you email Thunderfall the files.:rolleyes:

It's hard to think of ways to put in civ features like railroads and etc. to fit or be altered into the context of a mod like this, but I think I might have found an acceptable solution for nukes.

How bout changing them into spells of some sort? My idea would involve using a Tactical Nuke as a "Death Cloud" or something similar. The range could be something like 8 or 10. A conventional missile could be used in this way as well, something like a "Meteor Strike" spell. An unlimited range ICBM like weapon would probably be too much for something like this.

Perhaps going a step further, land or even sea units could be tagged with the carry only missile command. These units would be wizards and other spellcasters, to be able to carry these powerful spells. Obviously these would all be in the final eras.

Just an idea I came with just now way late at night. Hope you consider it. :D

Yup very good idea! I was thinking to make a "spell unit", like fireball or something [+Advanced versions like your idea -Death Cloud etc.]. The only problem is that there are no flc animations for it. :(

New download link!

I think its fast now! [Also its only 1 file] Time to download! :goodjob:

The link is in the Files & Patches section. :)

Top Bottom