Fantasy Unit Conversions from Kohan II

Oh yes! I will definitely have use for that blue dragon! My Fairy Tale is missing a dragon. No fairy tale without dragons, you know.

I already use your Scorpion in my Fairy Tale mod. I absolutely love it. Keep it up, Deliverator!

:goodjob:

Well, I haven't got to the tutorial I'm afraid, but I have made this rather nice Fire Drake from the Storm Drake...

Spoiler :

Attachments

• fire_drake.jpg
    fire_drake.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 508
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!! now THATS what im talkin bout!

How easy would it be to reskin them to existing dragons (Black, Gold, White)?

reskinning the colouration is a piece of cake :) (unfortunately i don't have photoshop any more so im probably going to have to download gimp or something :( )

the thing i want to know, is can you make different breath templates? id really like ones with poison gas breath, lightning and black fire :D

IIRC you can just recolour the breath texture. So for poison it would go green. But I think deliverator knows more, as he is the one that delivered that beatufull model :)

Great job! Now I have a monster to fill storm drake craig with :goodjob: (or, hopefully, will have it soon)

Those are awesome. How easy would it be to reskin them to existing dragons (Black, Gold, White)?

It easy to make different coloured drakes, but as I said before what would be even better would be to rig the existing FFH2 dragons to these animations.

Looking at the models I think it is feasible, but it could take a bit of time. The main issue is that the dragons have a much longer neck than the drakes so they'd need some extra bones I think. The neck and fore-arms would probably need custom animating and the back legs altered to match the drake.

reskinning the colouration is a piece of cake :) (unfortunately i don't have photoshop any more so im probably going to have to download gimp or something :( )

Paint.NET is the way forward IMO. Some of the plugins I use for recolouring are: Hue/Saturation+ (the built in one is not great), Conditional Hue/Saturation (for recolouring only specific colours), Color Match (matches the colours from one image to another one), Colour Tint and Single Hue.

the thing i want to know, is can you make different breath templates? id really like ones with poison gas breath, lightning and black fire :D

I was already intending to have a go with this. Fitting on the existing FFH2 dragon breaths is really easy - that's all I did for the fire drake. I'm having a look around to see if there are any better effects for breaths that I can find. Decent looking lighting breath could be a challenge, but there are a quite a few effects around Kohan II and other games that might be useful. There are two toxic breath clouds already in FFH2 - personally I'd prefer something that's more of a brighter green.

I was already intending to have a go with this. Fitting on the existing FFH2 dragon breaths is really easy - that's all I did for the fire drake. I'm having a look around to see if there are any better effects for breaths that I can find. Decent looking lighting breath could be a challenge, but there are a quite a few effects around Kohan II and other games that might be useful. There are two toxic breath clouds already in FFH2 - personally I'd prefer something that's more of a brighter green.

thats fantastic news :)

regarding the lightning breath, is it possible to take the maelstrom lightning effect in FFH2 and duplicate the bolts, and direct them in a 'cone' from the mouth?

i know you did something similar with the Wormsign on the Sand Worms of the Dune Wars mod?

i also agree a brighter green would be perfect for the toxic gas breath. perhaps also a dark purple variant of the same gas :)

Paint.NET is the way forward IMO.

ive not used paint.NET before. is it similar to photoshop, gimp or coreldraw? or just a glorified paint?

When you are allready talking about combining the FfH2 Dragon with the Drake, why not also try to creat a four legid, winged Dragon(flying or/and non-flying) out of them?
Somehow like this one:

Attachments

• Green Dragon.jpg
    Green Dragon.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 87
I have to go out so I'll quickly upload the drakes version 1. I've made a sort of lightning breath particle effect for the Storm Drake. No sounds yet, and a little bit of tidy-up required, but they should be usable.

Sorry I can't give any more info now - consider this an unofficial pre-release. :)

Edit: Files removed as full Drakes pack now available - see opening post.

Attachments

• storm_drake_lightning_breath.jpg
    storm_drake_lightning_breath.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 3,754
Yeah! Man, yeah! That's totally excellent! I have added him to my fairy tale where he already is a welcome addition. In the pic we see him annihilating and indeed sweeping the floor with a stack of Skeleton Warriors!

Thanks, man! I am your biggest fan! Keep it up :goodjob:

Spoiler :

Yeah! Man, yeah! That's totally excellent! I have added him to my fairy tale where he already is a welcome addition. In the pic we see him annihilating and indeed sweeping the floor with a stack of Skeleton Warriors!

Thanks, man! I am your biggest fan! Keep it up :goodjob:

Spoiler :

Na ah! IM his biggest fan! (;))

When two people quarrel, a third rejoices.

Cheers for the feedback guys. :)

Glaeder said:
When you are allready talking about combining the FfH2 Dragon with the Drake, why not also try to creat a four legid, winged Dragon(flying or/and non-flying) out of them?
Somehow like this one:

There are already four non-flying dragons quite like that picture in Fall from Heaven II. You should play it if you haven't done yet. I'm most interested in perhaps turning these four legged dragons into flying versions. Potentially, you could then use the same NIF switching technique we used with the Dune Wars Worm Riders to have the FFH2 dragons take flight - fly over the ocean, etc. Basically, have a button that switches the dragon between flying and non-flying states.

Psychic_Llamas said:
ive not used paint.NET before. is it similar to photoshop, gimp or coreldraw? or just a glorified paint?

It's actually a really good pretty fully featured program. I use it for all 2D art - I only resort to photoshop for the better resizing algorithms and airbrushing. It supports DDS natively which makes things nice and easy for texturing.

There are already four non-flying dragons quite like that picture in Fall from Heaven II. You should play it if you haven't done yet. I'm most interested in perhaps turning these four legged dragons into flying versions. Potentially, you could then use the same NIF switching technique we used with the Dune Wars Worm Riders to have the FFH2 dragons take flight - fly over the ocean, etc. Basically, have a button that switches the dragon between flying and non-flying states.

The Dragons in FfH2 (it's my favorite Mod by the way) walk on two legs and have to free arms, plus their wings, that hardly move. I however ment that they walk on four legs(like charle88 and Kathy's Basilisk) and have wings(like your drake). Couldn't these features be combined(perhaps with these two units)?:think:
Your Idea that the Dragon got a flying animation as much as a standing animation and can switch between them is perfect:goodjob:, I like it:clap:. But I'm affraid, I personally haven't got the experiance jet to creat such a wonder. So someone else have to take this on, or wait until I get the hang of unit-creation and -animation.
Sorry:dunno:

Any news on Golshan, Jotun or Juggernaut? :mischief:
Or perhaps tutorial?

I do not want to rush you - I only ask because I have added units that I want to use this art, and I am not sure if I should make some kind of temporary art or just wait... Out of the three, Golshan is the most important for me.

See opening post for the completed Drakes Pack. I have redone the Fire Drake skin from scratch and created two new variants, Black and White. The Gradient Mapping plugin for Paint.NET was used to do the recolours - it is a really useful tool. Each Drake has an appropriate Breath effect and I've included sounds too. Converting the animations for this unit was a real pain, but I've had some fun with it in making these variants.

Glaeder said:
I however ment that they walk on four legs

Ah, I see what you mean now. Yes, I suppose dragons that walk on four legs would be better. The Fire Dragon from Kohan II goes on four legs but strangely it doesn't have wings. Perhaps a hybrid between that and the drakes could be made, but it would be a fair effort.

Glaeder said:
Your Idea that the Dragon got a flying animation as much as a standing animation and can switch between them is perfect, I like it. But I'm affraid, I personally haven't got the experiance jet to creat such a wonder.

It's not too complex, but it would require an SDK change so it would need someone with those skills to do it. The solution we found for the worm riders was fairly tidy in the end.

Ahwaric said:
Any news on Golshan, Jotun or Juggernaut?
Or perhaps tutorial?

I'm going to start on the tutorial using the Juggernaut as an example this afternoon - it may come in installments as there is quite a bit to cover.

Top Bottom