Favourite Movie Soundtrack?

hawai_74 said:
the lost highway soundtrack (David Lynch), feat. Angelo Badalamenti, Trent Reznor, Rammstein (that will interest some of you), smashing pumpkins...

i have that one

i like the braveheart track, and fight clubs

cant think of any other

The entire Star Wars soundtrack, obviously. T'is great all round. I'll also support Lord of the Rings, especially when you include the Two Towers trailer music, which i think was (at least partly) based on Requiem for a Dream.

The Good The Bad and the Ugly. Ennio Morricone made that film even better than it already was.

Failing that either Desperado or maybe Braveheart

edit: oh dear goodness I can't believe I forgot the Blues Brothers. Thats probably my favourite soundtrack with The Good, the Bad and the Ugly as my favourite score, if that makes sense.

Ah, while we're talking about Star Wars soundtrack, there's something bothering me that you're certainly able to help me with.

You all know the Imperial March, right? It is heavy, pompous, opressive. When you hear it, you see the endless ranks of marching stormtroopers.

But I seem to recall a Rebel equivalent. It is also a march-like tune, but it's all the Imperial one is not. It sounds more hasty, less momentum, more ambiguous or flexible. Sort of gives a vision of guerilla groups. My problem is that I simply can't remember where in the movies it appears, nor whether it is a part of any official soundtrack collection.

Almost anything by Ennio Morricone and John Williams, I think. My favourite theme song has to be the one from "Once Upon A Time In America" though.

Soundtrack from the movie Philadelphia with Tom Hanks and Denzel Washington

The Lost Boys, Amadeus, Axel F, American Pie (I & II), He Got Game, Tales From Da Hood, Dangerous Minds, all of the Miami Vice soundtracks, Blues Brothers, The Nutcracker .... I could probably go on and on. I tend to buy soundtracks more than any other type of CD.

Top Bottom