[GS] Feature Overview video

Only game I am playing is Civ, and while playing it I use my second monitor to watch some movies or documentary or youtube parallel with playing game. Now I cant start new games while waiting for expansion and there for my whole relaxing time in home is somehow destroyed.

LOL. I started a new game as China last weekend. Want to see how far I can get before the game releases.

A reference to AI, presumably.

I guess so. I'm still not sure what it means and how they come up with it, though.

One possible hint: When looking up Corporate Libertarianism, I saw a critique on how it was very harmful to the environment. When I looked up "synthetic technology," all the hits were on mitigating climate change. I'm going to guess those two governments will take extreme positions on climate change with Corporate Libertarianism giving you big economic or production bonuses at the cost of the environment while Synthetic Technocracy will be government by scientists and be focused on limiting climate change.

Though, I would also say that Synthetic Technocracy probably favors science victory and Digital Democracy is probably best for cultural victory.

In one livestream the Coal Power Plant tooltip said its production was equal to the adjacency bonuses of the IZ, but I don't think the Oil Power Plant had that. It only said +2 Production.

I wonder if that bonus was walked back for the sake of balance.

Apparently they balanced the GDR: was 130 base strength in the Hungary live stream, is now reduced to 120

Attachments

• GDR.JPG
    GDR.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 1,354
Though, I would also say that Synthetic Technocracy probably favors science victory and Digital Democracy is probably best for cultural victory.

Possibly, but it is likely the +1 military card government too, so...

Spoiler :

If that's the case... what's the end goal of the Science Victory for GS? Alpha Centauri again? If you get the chance to build a Mars Colony wouldn't that mean you actually have to build a rocket and send someone there as a pre-requisite?

I hope this gives them ideas on how to implement diseases for the next expansion (Which I hope they do. I need my Maya and Italy! :gripe:)

Wow we get get natural disaster events and diseases now? This reminds me of the Civ5 Community Mod Pack that had diseases in it. Marbozir had a couple playthroughs with it. I tried it out too, it was quite different of a game. Vox Populi currently does not have disease in it.

I never played Civ1-4. Did those Civ games have bad weather and diseases in them at all?

Possibly, but it is likely the +1 military card government too, so...

Spoiler :

It's replacing a Diplomacy Card with a Military Card. I don't know if I would read too much into that, though, as that is a small change. I think the big reason it will be good at military is you'll be swimming in cash. But that's probably versatile.

Synthetic technocracy sounds like some kind of hive-mind controlled by AI or merging human minds and AI?
Is that a fully upgraded one though? Remember there are 2 or 3 upgrades for the GDR.

It may also be that the video is older and they got buffed since.

View attachment 516263

impressive...
Do builder get the ability to build Silos? Or what is the icon next to demolish?
geothermal fissure?

There are a lot of passage-blocking ice tiles in that video. If they changed the map script to do this intentionally with the idea of global warming eventually clearing paths for us, I hope they considered that some players will be playing with environmental change turned down or off. The video reinforces my desire for an icebreaker civilian unit.
Good change! It was too easy to circumnavigate the world around the polar cups before! The Icebreaker unit would be neat though!

Option A of Arms control makes like zero sense to me.
Cold war - but without the need to produce your own weapons - Could be a hard resolution to modern warmongers if AI knows how to use the system - Suddenly EVERYONE would have the same amount of WMDs - I like it.

This one seems broken. Canada's contribution is higher than the total, but then on the right it's equal to the total?
Spoiler :
Yeah I don't get it either - Cumulation doesn't seem to work as intended. OR: The right side summarizes up to 550 which is 3 less then Canadas output on the left (553) - Maybe a little CO2-amount gets calculated based on farms or population or something? Maybe actions have been made to reduce CO2-emissions that are not taken into the Canada figures - Like Production of CO2 for Canada is 553 but they took actions to "get back" about 100 of their emissions via green energy or this project or so...?

It's where people are elected President based on their twitter and youtube popularity. Hence our next President being Kanye West.
not funny. :cry:

Here's the Plague Doctor animation; what do you suppose that is?

smoking out the illness/bacteria - using incense?

Synthetic technocracy sounds like some kind of hive-mind controlled by AI or merging human minds and AI?
Not necessarily.

Synthetic definition: (of a substance) made by chemical synthesis, especially to imitate a natural product.

In this context, would probably refer to AI, ie a computer imitating human intelligence.

Technocracy definition: the government or control of society or industry by an elite of technical experts.

So a synthetic technocracy would more likely be a government that relies on AI to make decisions about society. For example, you could have an AI that is programmed to be an expert in macroeconomics to monitor the economic trends and recommend actions to prevent a recession. You could have another AI programmed to be an expert in criminal justice to monitor trends in crime rates and recommend laws or actions to lower crime.

This one seems broken. Canada's contribution is higher than the total, but then on the right it's equal to the total?

geothermal fissure?
Yeah I don't get it either - Cumulation doesn't seem to work as intended. OR: The right side summarizes up to 550 which is 3 less then Canadas output on the left (553) - Maybe a little CO2-amount gets calculated based on farms or population or something? Maybe actions have been made to reduce CO2-emissions that are not taken into the Canada figures - Like Production of CO2 for Canada is 553 but they took actions to "get back" about 100 of their emissions via green energy or this project or so...?

Guys, there's a title on top of the charts :) … it's not very outstanding, though, but first one says World's CO2 emissions (Global Contribution), and second one Own CO2 emissions (Your CO2 Contribution)

That's the reason the secon chart sums the exact amount of Canada's CO2 production.

Edit: Reviewed Stilgar08 comment, and indeed, the numbers doesn't sum correctly (I was just replying to Kibikus question and did not bother to check the numbers). Also, the total on top of the chart is just odd… needs some polishing, for sure.

Last edited:
Guys, there's a title on top of the charts :) … it's not very outstanding, tough, but first one says World's CO2 emissions (Global Contribution), and second one Own CO2 emissions (Your CO2 Contribution)
That's the reason the secon chart sums the exact amount of Canada's CO2 production.
not exactly though :p Sum of the right chart is 550, Canadas contribution to the worldwide CO2-emissions is 553 as you can see below the graphic - Some small contributors besides Canada are identified as well (one with 26 and France with 1...)

edit:
26 is Egypt - Canada + Egypt + France is 580 - Why does it say 464?
Canada on the left is 553 - detailchart about your contribution sums up to 550 - Why? ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom