1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Feature Overview video

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Eagle Pursuit, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Aussie_Lurker

Aussie_Lurker Warlord

LOL. I started a new game as China last weekend. Want to see how far I can get before the game releases.

2. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

Here's the Plague Doctor animation; what do you suppose that is?

Bosque, Guandao, Zaarin and 2 others like this.
  3. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Chieftain

That give some advantage in the diplomatic victory to Civs that have production bonus

4. pgm123

pgm123 Warlord

I guess so. I'm still not sure what it means and how they come up with it, though.

One possible hint: When looking up Corporate Libertarianism, I saw a critique on how it was very harmful to the environment. When I looked up "synthetic technology," all the hits were on mitigating climate change. I'm going to guess those two governments will take extreme positions on climate change with Corporate Libertarianism giving you big economic or production bonuses at the cost of the environment while Synthetic Technocracy will be government by scientists and be focused on limiting climate change.

Though, I would also say that Synthetic Technocracy probably favors science victory and Digital Democracy is probably best for cultural victory.

Zaarin likes this.
  5. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

In one livestream the Coal Power Plant tooltip said its production was equal to the adjacency bonuses of the IZ, but I don't think the Oil Power Plant had that. It only said +2 Production.

I wonder if that bonus was walked back for the sake of balance.

6. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Banishing miasma?

Guandao, AvianBritish, Zaarin and 4 others like this.
  7. Z6E1Z9O

Z6E1Z9O Chieftain

we were going to wait for sale but this video made me and my friend pre order immediately even tho it is mostly just a recap of what has been announced already,excited for feb 14th!

Rup, Ondolindë, Caprikel and 3 others like this.
  8. SaiH

SaiH Chieftain

Apparently they balanced the GDR: was 130 base strength in the Hungary live stream, is now reduced to 120

Attached Files:

• GDR.JPG
      GDR.JPG
      File size:
      18.4 KB
      Views:
  9. Josephias

Josephias Chieftain

Possibly, but it is likely the +1 military card government too, so...

Spoiler :

10. Tiger Genocide

Tiger Genocide Chieftain

Wow we get get natural disaster events and diseases now? This reminds me of the Civ5 Community Mod Pack that had diseases in it. Marbozir had a couple playthroughs with it. I tried it out too, it was quite different of a game. Vox Populi currently does not have disease in it.

I never played Civ1-4. Did those Civ games have bad weather and diseases in them at all?

11. pgm123

pgm123 Warlord

It's replacing a Diplomacy Card with a Military Card. I don't know if I would read too much into that, though, as that is a small change. I think the big reason it will be good at military is you'll be swimming in cash. But that's probably versatile.

12. Tiger Genocide

Tiger Genocide Chieftain

Is that a fully upgraded one though? Remember there are 2 or 3 upgrades for the GDR.

13. marius_kaparius

marius_kaparius Chieftain

Synthetic technocracy sounds like some kind of hive-mind controlled by AI or merging human minds and AI?
    It may also be that the video is older and they got buffed since.

14. Stilgar08

Stilgar08 Chieftain

geothermal fissure?

Good change! It was too easy to circumnavigate the world around the polar cups before! The Icebreaker unit would be neat though!

Cold war - but without the need to produce your own weapons - Could be a hard resolution to modern warmongers if AI knows how to use the system - Suddenly EVERYONE would have the same amount of WMDs - I like it.

Yeah I don't get it either - Cumulation doesn't seem to work as intended. OR: The right side summarizes up to 550 which is 3 less then Canadas output on the left (553) - Maybe a little CO2-amount gets calculated based on farms or population or something? Maybe actions have been made to reduce CO2-emissions that are not taken into the Canada figures - Like Production of CO2 for Canada is 553 but they took actions to "get back" about 100 of their emissions via green energy or this project or so...?

not funny. :cry:

smoking out the illness/bacteria - using incense?

15. rastak

rastak Chieftain

Could be purple miasma....:lol:

16. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Warlord

Not necessarily.

Synthetic definition: (of a substance) made by chemical synthesis, especially to imitate a natural product.

In this context, would probably refer to AI, ie a computer imitating human intelligence.

Technocracy definition: the government or control of society or industry by an elite of technical experts.

So a synthetic technocracy would more likely be a government that relies on AI to make decisions about society. For example, you could have an AI that is programmed to be an expert in macroeconomics to monitor the economic trends and recommend actions to prevent a recession. You could have another AI programmed to be an expert in criminal justice to monitor trends in crime rates and recommend laws or actions to lower crime.

Guandao, Zaarin and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  17. Josephias

Josephias Chieftain

Guys, there's a title on top of the charts :) … it's not very outstanding, though, but first one says World's CO2 emissions (Global Contribution), and second one Own CO2 emissions (Your CO2 Contribution)

That's the reason the secon chart sums the exact amount of Canada's CO2 production.

Edit: Reviewed Stilgar08 comment, and indeed, the numbers doesn't sum correctly (I was just replying to Kibikus question and did not bother to check the numbers). Also, the total on top of the chart is just odd… needs some polishing, for sure.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
    Stilgar08 likes this.
  18. SaiH

SaiH Chieftain

I have to correct: it was the Inca live stream.
    I don't think so. At least I hope so.

19. pgm123

pgm123 Warlord

I assume it's government by scientists using AI.

CL - Rule by corporations
    ST - Rule by science
    DD - Rule by literally everyone

20. Stilgar08

Stilgar08 Chieftain

not exactly though :p Sum of the right chart is 550, Canadas contribution to the worldwide CO2-emissions is 553 as you can see below the graphic - Some small contributors besides Canada are identified as well (one with 26 and France with 1...)

edit:
    26 is Egypt - Canada + Egypt + France is 580 - Why does it say 464?
    Canada on the left is 553 - detailchart about your contribution sums up to 550 - Why? ;)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
    Josephias likes this.