FF 0.42 Bug Thread

This is a weird bug: in the attached screenshot, i can see a piace of the map, eventhough i have no unit or city near it. it guess it happened after i explored a dungeon on one of the nearby hill tiles, but not to sure about that.

Spoiler :
kazadviewerror.JPG

patch O, I moved over Foxford with a stack of 10 units , and the event pop-up for Foxford came up 10 times . now I've got a lot of "hero of foxford" units :D

edit: btw, foxford's civilopedia page has a txt_key_foxford_something in it.

no. the exploration spawned hill giant and the unit got killed by another hill giant 2 or 3 turns later

edit: forgot to say that i'm playing patch o

It was just a guess that one of my new features wasn't working properly. I went in after the post and tested it out, my stuff worked fine (or at least didn't break when I tested it).

Looking like it is the same base Civ4 issue which was popping up horribly for FfH a little while ago. It'll take some serious code digging to find precisely where/why it is happening. Or I might be able to just add some debug information for myself and be lucky enough to spot it sometime.

[to_xp]Gekko;7320063 said:
patch O, I moved over Foxford with a stack of 10 units , and the event pop-up for Foxford came up 10 times . now I've got a lot of "hero of foxford" units :D

edit: btw, foxford's civilopedia page has a txt_key_foxford_something in it.

Yeah, had the same thing happen in my last game as the Ljosofar. Didn't effect me much as my stack was made up of the Baron, the Treant hero, and my godly beastmaster.... Got him up to 700xp that game:mischief:.

also, Foxford was in Calabim territory there, so it appears they have just ignored it, not recognizing it as a place that should be visited :D

another issue: does the AI understand the logic of ranged attacks ? ( i.e. archers and the like ) I had a stack sitting next to an enemy city full of archers for a couple turns, and I was expecting them to use ranged damage to weaken my units, but they never did. doesn't seem quite right..

In AoI they sure understood them. I would hope they still do. Reasonably certain I have seen them make ranged attacks before, but there might be a fault in the logic where they think some risk is involved in doing so.

AI wll not actually take the gamble of Foxford. They all think that the risk is simply too great.

[to_xp]Gekko;7321214 said:
another issue: does the AI understand the logic of ranged attacks ? ( i.e. archers and the like ) I had a stack sitting next to an enemy city full of archers for a couple turns, and I was expecting them to use ranged damage to weaken my units, but they never did. doesn't seem quite right..

They can use them, but I've noticed that city defense archers seem to prefer not to use it and maintain the fortify bonus - not sure whether that's a preferable behaviour against a human or not.

Sea monsters! Everywhere! Aaaaaahhhh!

Hehe, someone misplace a decimal? I forgot to take a screenshot before I opened up the world builder and erased about 200 sea monsters...but is there really a need for 1 sea monster every 3 tiles or so?

Haven't noticed this before, so I'm assuming it's a glitch with patch o, or I got some very strange random seed attached to the Barb spawn rate.

They are respawning anyways, I'll post a screenshot when I get back into the game.

I send worker to build road trough Foxford village (accidentally) ... Now I have worker adventurer ... lol

Sorry for posting this announcement in the Fall Further bug thread but we had a discussion about Revolution and Barbarians settling down here earlier. I've successfully merged the Revolution mod with Fall from Heaven 0.33g and posted an alpha version of Revolution for Fall from Heaven here:

The FfH Rev Thread

guys, this FFH Revolution HAS to be in FF sooner or later. :D

@Gedwyn: xienwolf has said that raising the number of sea monsters in patch O was intentional. I do agree that they needed to be more common, but it seems like it has been overdone in patch O. they are everywhere! :D

[to_xp]Gekko;7322473 said:
@Gedwyn: xienwolf has said that raising the number of sea monsters in patch O was intentional. I do agree that they needed to be more common, but it seems like it has been overdone in patch O. they are everywhere! :D

I'm stubbornly sticking to my misplaced decimal theory.

Huge map, Monarch difficulty, Marathon game, Turn 46:

Attaching 2 images: First is a screen of an area of ocean, second is a blowup of the minimap in the Worldbuilder - check out all the black dots. Those are all sea monsters! (and maybe a Griffon or 3).

Agreed in that more were needed, but this seems over the top to me :)

Attachments

• seamonsters.jpg
    seamonsters.jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 126
  • blowup.jpg
    blowup.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 115
The old approach was that if the water area was smaller than 20 tiles, no animals in it. If there were more than 3 animals already, no more can spawn. Regardless of the size of the water area.

I removed both of those checks and simply set it to spawn 1/5 the normal number of units per area. Wasn't sure how much that would wind up being really, but seeing as there are only 2 options, it is easy to see it as "Too Many."

Anyway, I adjusted it now so that there shouldn't ever be more than 1 critter for every 8 tiles of water in the area. See how well that works and tweak more if needed for patch A.

I am still a little unfamiliar with the new features of this mod and wanted to check a couple of things:

1. If I come upon a 'stack' of enemy workers, I can attack them - only one at a time. However, if a barb Wolf Rider comes upon my 'stack' of Workers he kills all of them by landing on their tile. Is this correct?

2. How do you prevent a unit from a unit from a civ with the Raider trait from pillaging tiles? Specifically, I am playing as Tasunke/Hippus and send units to take an enemy city. I want to capture the city and keep the improvements. However, when I land on a tile with a Town, for example, that improvement is automatically pillaged. I would certainly like to keep that Town for my newly captured city. How to prevent this automatic pillaging?

Thank you

@Sarisin: 1) is probably cuz the AI likes the "hardy" promotion for its workers which gives them 1 defense strength, which means they are able to put up a fight --> you can only attack 1 time per turn without blitz promotion. but your workers probably don't have that promotion, which makes them unable to fight back, which means that a unit can merrily land on the tile they're on and capture them all without a scratch ;)

2) you make a good point here. it would be great to be able to toggle the "raider" effect on/off like it is with the nox noctis now. :)

Gekko is right for the first one. AI most likely had some defence strength on them workers.

For the second, it is as much a drawback as advantage. Not sure if it SHOULD be something you can simply turn off. It reflects your men being a bit less controlled, and more ambitious in battle because they gain the "spoils of war." Common issue that many generals in history have faced is trying to get their men to be a little bit "more civilized" while pummeling the enemy to death.

Top Bottom