FF 0.42 Bug Thread

I think the pointers showed up the turn after for me - maybe a function which refreshes them?

That displays the folder name (pretty sure) that the mod is installed in. So relatively difficult to change, unless we have the patcher rename your folder each time you run it, but then it would be pretty hard to have cumulative patches, since patch M would have to look for any folder from FF 042 through FF 042L

Same thing happened to me, fresh install of M with the Dural.

Small bug with curse the land showed up for me on patch M.

After removing the curse(5 of whatever that ritual is called), I got all my resources back except for the mana being provided by my capital(which was both from the palace and from a shrine)).

Edit: Played a few more turns, and it eventually came back, just doesn't seem to be being checked every turn?

City display, or manabar in the mainscreen? I know for certain that the city display is linked to the base variables and should update immediately. However I haven't looked closely at the manabar to see if it is updated regularly. Fairly certain that it is though.

cosmetic issue about forest deer: although the tile is forest, it really looks like there is no forest due to trees not being shown on the tile. ;)

1. The Archos' Mother's Nest gives a happy face for Sheep, Pig, Cow and Toad. Why not for Horse and Deer? Not tasty enough for spiders? :yumyum:

2. There is a Python exception if you chose the Nomad Camp improvement in the Civilopedia.

Spoiler :
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 371, in pediaJumpToImprovement

File "CvPediaMain", line 1084, in pediaJump

File "CvPediaImprovement", line 95, in interfaceScreen

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
ERR: Python function pediaJumpToImprovement failed, module CvScreensInterface
3. The Fall Further CvGame::normalizeStartingPlots C++ function currently looks like this:

Spoiler :
Code:
void CvGame::normalizeStartingPlots()
{
	PROFILE_FUNC();

if (!(GC.getInitCore().getWBMapScript()) || GC.getInitCore().getWBMapNoPlayers())
	{
/*************************************************************************************************/
/**	Flavour Mod								06/23/08	Written: Jean Elcard Imported: Xienwolf	**/
/**																								**/
/**				Forces game to ignore Normalization Routines in the DLL							**/
/*************************************************************************************************/
/**								---- Start Original Code ----									**
		if (!gDLL->getPythonIFace()->pythonNormalizeStartingPlotLocations()  || gDLL->getPythonIFace()->pythonUsingDefaultImpl())
		{
			normalizeStartingPlotLocations();
		}
/**								----  End Original Code  ----									**/
		if (!isOption(GAMEOPTION_FLAVOUR_START))
		{
			if (!gDLL->getPythonIFace()->pythonNormalizeStartingPlotLocations()  || gDLL->getPythonIFace()->pythonUsingDefaultImpl())
			{
					normalizeStartingPlotLocations();
			}
		}
/**	Flavour Mod								END													**/
	}

if (GC.getInitCore().getWBMapScript())
	{
		return;
	}

if (!gDLL->getPythonIFace()->pythonNormalizeAddRiver()  || gDLL->getPythonIFace()->pythonUsingDefaultImpl())
	{
		normalizeAddRiver();
	}

if (!gDLL->getPythonIFace()->pythonNormalizeRemovePeaks()  || gDLL->getPythonIFace()->pythonUsingDefaultImpl())
	{
		normalizeRemovePeaks();
	}

if (!gDLL->getPythonIFace()->pythonNormalizeAddLakes()  || gDLL->getPythonIFace()->pythonUsingDefaultImpl())
	{
		normalizeAddLakes();
	}

if (!gDLL->getPythonIFace()->pythonNormalizeRemoveBadFeatures()  || gDLL->getPythonIFace()->pythonUsingDefaultImpl())
	{
		normalizeRemoveBadFeatures();
	}

if (!gDLL->getPythonIFace()->pythonNormalizeRemoveBadTerrain()  || gDLL->getPythonIFace()->pythonUsingDefaultImpl())
	{
		normalizeRemoveBadTerrain();
	}
	if (!isOption(GAMEOPTION_FLAVOUR_START))
	{
		if (!gDLL->getPythonIFace()->pythonNormalizeRemoveBadFeatures()  || gDLL->getPythonIFace()->pythonUsingDefaultImpl())
		{
			normalizeRemoveBadFeatures();
		}

if (!gDLL->getPythonIFace()->pythonNormalizeRemoveBadTerrain()  || gDLL->getPythonIFace()->pythonUsingDefaultImpl())
		{
			normalizeRemoveBadTerrain();
		}
	}

if (!gDLL->getPythonIFace()->pythonNormalizeAddFoodBonuses()  || gDLL->getPythonIFace()->pythonUsingDefaultImpl())
	{
		normalizeAddFoodBonuses();
	}

if (!gDLL->getPythonIFace()->pythonNormalizeAddGoodTerrain()  || gDLL->getPythonIFace()->pythonUsingDefaultImpl())
	{
		normalizeAddGoodTerrain();
	}

if (!gDLL->getPythonIFace()->pythonNormalizeAddExtras()  || gDLL->getPythonIFace()->pythonUsingDefaultImpl())
	{
		normalizeAddExtras();
	}
	[COLOR="Blue"]if (!isOption(GAMEOPTION_FLAVOUR_START))
	{[/COLOR]
		[COLOR="Green"]if (!gDLL->getPythonIFace()->pythonNormalizeAddGoodTerrain()  || gDLL->getPythonIFace()->pythonUsingDefaultImpl())
		{
		}

if (!gDLL->getPythonIFace()->pythonNormalizeAddExtras()  || gDLL->getPythonIFace()->pythonUsingDefaultImpl())
		{
			normalizeAddExtras();
		}[/COLOR]
	[COLOR="Blue"]}[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]	if (!gDLL->getPythonIFace()->pythonNormalizeAddGoodTerrain()  || gDLL->getPythonIFace()->pythonUsingDefaultImpl())
	{
	}

{
		normalizeAddExtras();
	}[/COLOR]
}
You should remove the part I marked in red, because it's exatly the same like the part in green, which is controlled by the Flavour Start option (in blue). At the moment "normalizeAddGoodTerrain" and "normalizeAddExtras" are called twice in a normal game and not only once like intended. They should never be called in a game with the Flavour Start option active.

City display, or manabar in the mainscreen? I know for certain that the city display is linked to the base variables and should update immediately. However I haven't looked closely at the manabar to see if it is updated regularly. Fairly certain that it is though.

Let me double check when I get home tonight, but I believe it was both on the manabar on the main screen and in the city screen of the capital. Also, I need to verify this, but I think my monks(level 6+) were a point weaker until it "came back", as the cap was giving spirit mana.

Edit: Double checked this, when resources do come back, the monks get the point of str back, so its not just that they aren't displaying, they aren't being used in calcs either. I have a game saved at the turn before they come back, don't have any saves from before I removed the last counter though.

Edit2:played a bit further, got cursed again, this time lost all resources but capital mana while curse was up. Finished the appeases, and everything comes back. Is this what is intended, or should cap mana also go away while curse is up?

1. The Archos' Mother's Nest gives a happy face for Sheep, Pig, Cow and Toad. Why not for Horse and Deer? Not tasty enough for spiders? :yumyum:

Ha, I've thought for a while that Orc civs should get +1 food from pastures - they ride wolves, so horses shouldn't be much different from cows to them.

Mother doesn't like venison. :mischief:

2. There is a Python exception if you chose the Nomad Camp improvement in the Civilopedia.

Spoiler :
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 371, in pediaJumpToImprovement

File "CvPediaMain", line 1084, in pediaJump

File "CvPediaImprovement", line 95, in interfaceScreen

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
ERR: Python function pediaJumpToImprovement failed, module CvScreensInterface

Aye - I'd spotted that one (it's listed as "Nomad Camp pedia entry not very helpful" on the bug list - originally reported by someone with Python Exceptions hidden) but haven't hunted down the cause yet (will be an XML issue methinks). Should have it sorted for the next version though.

Something odd just happened in my last game. I'm not quite sure when, but within a fews turns after finishing the Mercurian Gate (forming a 3 way permanent alliance, since I'd already made an alliance with Einion) and declaring war on the Infernals and Balseraphs one of my cities just across the sea from the Infernals switched to Infernal control. I would have suspected it was just conquered without me knowing it, but no Infernal units were there and my unit had not moved or even been injured. Oh, come to think of it this I believe this was right after Einion cast Sanctuary, in case that is relevent.

Edit: It seems the screenshot didn't work properly, but I'd reconquered the city before I could try again.

Strange. No chance that it was Hyborem's Whisper?

BTW, is anyone noticing that the World Spell is available to you again after reloading the game? My current version has a LOT of changes, and I just recently uncovered that Feats are not being loaded properly. Need to figure out precisely when I broke that one.

I guess it could have been Hyborem's whisper, as it was a very large city and the only one I owned that had AV in it. I'm not sure I ever recall seeing this world spell used. If it converts a city but doesn't remove the owner's units and the Infenals don't get any of their units anywhere near the city then it doesn't do a whole lot of good.

I have been playing a long game as Hianthrogh of Mazatl (version 042, patch M) and I have some questions/observations. First, let me reiterate that this is a great mod. :)

1) Barbarians are able to pass straight through my units (Arquebus, Priest of Kalshekk, etc.) without attacking them even though my units are not hidden or invisible. Is this normal? Is this a side effect of my units having the Lizardkin or the Homeland promotion?
2) I have a strong Beastmaster with a lot of promotions but not the Blitz promotion. However, he is able to attack multiple times per turn. Is this a bug?
3) I managed to capture Acheron the Red Dragon but after maybe 100 turns, he left my army to become Barbarian again. I managed to capture him again (with great difficulty because I had made him gain lots of levels!) but almost right away, he left my army again. If I had managed to cast Loyalty on him, would that have kept him in my army? I didn’t have any law mana available at the time so I could not verify this.

1 is because you have Nox Noctis (or cast Chosen of Esus), that won't happen anymore after next release.

2, does he have Orthus's Axe?

3- From what I understand, with Loyalty on him he should die instead of going barbarian. From what I have read, he just would stick around and belong to you. However, it is VERY odd for Acheron to be Crazed. Loyalty cannot be cast on him anyway since he is magic immune

Top Bottom