FF 0.42 Bug Thread

Dunno if anyone noticed or if maybe already fixed (patch-confusion :) )

but it seems that "Calabim" can cast River of Blood multiple times
this occours both to the AI as well to human players

2, does he have Orthus's Axe?

3- From what I understand, with Loyalty on him he should die instead of going barbarian. From what I have read, he just would stick around and belong to you. However, it is VERY odd for Acheron to be Crazed. Loyalty cannot be cast on him anyway since he is magic immune

Thanks for your reply.
Yes, my Beastmaster did have Orthus's Axe. Good catch. I didn't think of that. :)
But what do you mean that it is "VERY odd for Acheron to be Crazed"? Do you mean it was very unlikely for him to leave my army and turn back to being Barbarian?

So...Hyborem pops with the usual message in the event window 'Hyborem has been created blah blah blah'.

I was busy at the time, so filed that away for later. I do like to go after him fairly quickly to help keep the AC down, stop the hellfire terrain spread and get his Gela for one of my heros.

Maybe 20 25 turns after the pop message I'm ready to go find him and see if I can take him out. I buy maps from just about everyone, but he's nowhere to be found. I scroll back to his pop message and double check that I didn't miss a death message...figuring someone took him out already. Can't find that either.

Anyways, maybe another 20 turns after that, I find the city of Dis, about 15 tiles north of my border in Barbarian control.

No hellfire terrain, no Gela in the city spot, no barbs running around with Gela that I've found - and I've been busy tracking and killing them...and no death message in the event logger - I triple checked for that.

So as far as I can tell, Hyborem popped and then...died to a Barb? Disappeared? Not sure what. His - it's? - impact on the world was extremely minimal however. Can't figure out what happened. Any ideas out there?

Even if he was taken out by Barbs - which I doubt - there should have been a death message in the event window right?

Really missed out on saving a game for this, so apologies for that. Next game I play, I'll keep a better eye on things and maybe post a saved game or two.

Anyone else noticing any issues with him?

Got a weird one, which I suspect is BUG related.

Every time I hit end turn, the option "Right click menu" becomes enabled for the next turn. [The option makes it so that when you right click on a square, you get a context menu rather than moving there.] It's not enabled in options, just in-game; going into options and enabling and then disabling disables it.

I think it's toggling enemy moves, also, but I'm not sure about that.

Probably not enough information here to troubleshoot; the save is on a different computer or I'd attach it (I can do it later if someone really thinks it would be useful).

[Nevermind ... Xienwolf has spotted this as related to OOS testing (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=292817)]

I have the options/Feats issues solved for the most part. Just need to finish compilation to see if it will still show the proper text on Promotions with Feat Prereqs. Of course, now instead of making it EASIER to add Feats, I have managed to make it HARDER.... /sigh. That Prereq field better get used in a damn cool way!

Hmm... Don't know if this is a base FF bug that no one's noticed before, or if it's something new introduced by the Scions farm fix... Just in case, I'm posting it both here and in the Scion thread.

For some reason, any time I pillage a farm, a town pops out from underneath... I'm not complaining, since as the Scions food is bad and money is great, but seems like it should be fixed lol.

civilopedia -> mercantilism ( tech ) : there is a link that's supposed to open the "mercantilism ( civic )" page, but it doesn't work.

edit: mouseover info for the spell granted by force2 (can't remember the name right now) has a txt_key_blabla in it :D

I noticed that temporary buildings (specifically inspiration) made by Puppets last longer than the puppets do, but sine it is only 1 turn longer it probably doesn't matter than much.

[to_xp]Gekko;7314031 said:
civilopedia -> mercantilism ( tech ) : there is a link that's supposed to open the "mercantilism ( civic )" page, but it doesn't work.

It's a problem with the civilopedia in general: Multiple entries of different types with the same name have linkage issues.

I noticed that temporary buildings (specifically inspiration) made by Puppets last longer than the puppets do, but sine it is only 1 turn longer it probably doesn't matter than much.

Guess the check for City DoTurn happens before Units DoTurn then. Kinda cute bug, could be dodged by placing a check to ignore a validating unit with a duration remaining of 1.

Playing a game of Bannor w/Decius.

Killed off the Sheaim and could build Planar Gates but nothing has ever come through even though I have Mage Guilds and so should have seen a Moebius Witch by now.

Almost wiped out the Luirchirp and was able to build Gridlines and Sculpture Studios, but couldn't build any golems.

Took many a Calabim city, built Governor Manors and was able to start pumping out Vampires.

I took a Lizard unit (the evil ones whose name escapes me) and he turned into a Javelin Thrower which is fine, but it does remind me that in my last game I couldn't build them in a Doviello city I captured.

I know someone else mentioned this, but I'm getting the "You have 5 million people in your empire" pop-up every turn even though I'm far bigger than that now. No problems; it's just annoying.

Also, shouldn't their be a way to drop the pieces of Barnaxus? I made the Luirchirp a vassal but I had to kill off my Flagbearer carrying the pieces because after I brought it to the capital, I couldn't drop them. I don't recall seeing a blurb stating he was remade so I don't know if the pieces were destroyed when I killed the unit.

BTW, is there any chance of have the Revolution mod being able to be attached to this mod? I sort of like having the Barbarians mature into bigger Civs if left alone, especially on maps where sometimes the Barbarians are left alone for a very long time.

Planar Gates are a specifically Sheiam capability. It isn't just having the Planar Gate + other building results in creatures spawning. Same thing with the Khazad Vaults, it is a mechanic which will only happen for the specifically identified Sheiam player. Though re-writing it to work for all Sheiam cities would probably not be too difficult to accomplish. Same with the Vaults for all Khazad cities. Would make it a bit of a risky endeavor to take a Khazad city since chances are pretty good you don't have enough cash to keep them happy :)

Not able to build golems is a bit of a wierd one, should have worked, so I'll have to check out precisely why it didn't. You are using the latest patch, yes?

The 5 Million pop-up is a nuisance bug that is completely fixed in the next release. That is actually one of the least game-impacting manifestations of it.

No equipment can be dropped anymore. Unit holding it has to die for the item to exist as a unit itself. Next release of base FfH allows you to rebuild Barnaxus for the Luchuirp though.

Pretty unlikely that we will do anything like the CivRev mod anytime soon. Tons of things on the design docs already which are continually being pushed aside for other ideas that swarm in. Main reason we don't tell people what our plans are for the future of the mod are because we keep on revising and expanding on ideas and haven't the time to develop them all.

Not sure if this is a Scions issue of a plain FF issue, but my guess would be FF. Is civ-based upgrading working right? I captured a Goblin using a Doomsayer, but couldn't upgrade it into a Warg Rider. Instead it upgraded into a Horseman. Kinda odd to have a human-looking horseman with the orc race... (Why aren't goblins their own race, anyway?)

Top Bottom