[FfH II Art Team Blog]

Any models currently not in use in ffh2. So maybe a model that was in the game, that now isn't.

I'm thinking that Rathas should get new graphics. They are very nice units but they don't look that different than plain old Chariots. I'm thinking it would be nice to use the old War Chariot graphics (with civ specific unique graphics, some of which were really cool and should be included somehow) but with the driver changed to look like Radiant Guards.

Don't know where to put this, so I'm putting it into this thread.

Short story:
Here is some 256x256 high resolution icon that I've made for FfH2.

Long Story:
One day, I was bored. So, I went to around to download some high resolution icons for my Vista pc. I managed to get the majority of them. And in the company of those high-res icon, the Hyborem with the square white background at large icon view stood out a little too much.

So, I do a little search online for some tutorials, then downloaded two software, GIMP and IconDeveloper, and tried to see if I could make an icon myself. I managed to come up with a few results, so I'm posting them up here to see if it is of use for anyone.

This is the first time I tried to do something artistic (if cropping some pictures and making some border can be considered as artistic at all, that is). So I apologized in advance if they are not good enough. Especially to the team and owner of those wallpapers, hopefully, I won't get scolded for cannibalizing those pictures.

By tai_crux at 2009-03-01

Attachments

• ffh icon.7z
    876.9 KB · Views: 190
I think the last one could use a circle around it with another color in it, or something. Right now, It is somewhat difficult to see. The other ones are very nice,though.

I like the third one. That picture has always been my favorite FfH representation

just for kicks i thought id post a link to my latest venture in the art departments HERE

its a pack of simple eyecandy features for the Dungeon Adventure modmod by Lutefisk Mafia (Try it, its awsome) im making more as i type so a second pack shouldnt be far behind :D

just for kicks i thought id post a link to my latest venture in the art departments HERE

its a pack of simple eyecandy features for the Dungeon Adventure modmod by Lutefisk Mafia (Try it, its awsome) im making more as i type so a second pack shouldnt be far behind :D

I saw it, cool stuff, while still looking a bit high poly?

theyre not actually that high poly, considering theyre menat to be used one per tile :p the highest is the 4 poster bed which is about 800 polys and the rest are between 150 and 550

EDIT: Long time no see ploep :)

Is it jsut me, or do Good unit models > Evil unit Models?

Good: unique looking awesome paladins. Evil: Recoloured Praetorians

Good: Sphener, excellent unit art, just amazing. Evil: Recoloured swordsmen with wings and horns attached

Not to mention Radiant Gaurds = pure awesomeness

you neglect to mention the svartalfar and belseraph units :p they are by far the coolest :p

yeah sorry about that, RL is keeping me away most of the time but I won't quit hanging around here from time to time at least

EDIT: its always the way isnt it? stupid real life :p i dont have much time for propper modding atm either. :(

Is it jsut me, or do Good unit models > Evil unit Models?

Good: unique looking awesome paladins. Evil: Recoloured Praetorians

Good: Sphener, excellent unit art, just amazing. Evil: Recoloured swordsmen with wings and horns attached

Not to mention Radiant Gaurds = pure awesomeness
Radiant Guards are by far one of my favourite unit models. It's too bad I always upgrade them to Vampires right away. I wish there was a special model for good empyrean vampires. Maybe a bit specific, though. :lol:

Radiant Guards are by far one of my favourite unit models. It's too bad I always upgrade them to Vampires right away. I wish there was a special model for good empyrean vampires. Maybe a bit specific, though. :lol:

That, and completely wrong thematically. I personally don't think that the Calabim should be able to follow Lugus. In my version, in addition to giving Alexis and Flauros a -100 weighting towards the Empyrean, I made NONE the UU Calabim UU for all the Empyrean UUs.

Radiant guards do make Rathas seem worse by comparison though. I think that changing Rathas to have the old War Chariot graphics (including civ specific variants, like the Dwarven ones driven by Rams) but making their drivers look like Radiant Guards would be quite nice.

Top Bottom