[FfH II Art Team Blog]

*Looks at Repentant Angel*
Damn. I know what demons have nightmares about now. Actually, I'm pretty sure even the Mercurians allies would be terrified of something like that, in a "thank Junil he's on MY side" kind of way.
The scorched off wings are a nice touch for that truly horrifying style.

That Repentant Angel actually does look a lot like Odio. I'm inclined to just use a larger version of it for Odio in my version. I'm not really sure what else should be changed, except the color of the cloth. I guess a dark skinned red eyed version could work too though, if you want to have a larger distinction.

What exactly are Repentant Angels anyway? For some reason I get the impression that they may actually be former demons who have returned to the side of good must are still in the process of earning their redemption.

That Repentant Angel actually does look a lot like Odio. I'm inclined to just use a larger version of it for Odio in my version. I'm not really sure what else should be changed, except the color of the cloth. I guess a dark skinned red eyed version could work too though, if you want to have a larger distinction.

What exactly are Repentant Angels anyway? For some reason I get the impression that they may actually be former demons who have returned to the side of good must are still in the process of earning their redemption.

They are angels in conflict with the morally ambiguous acts they perform as members of the mercurian army.

They are angels in conflict with the morally ambiguous acts they perform as members of the mercurian army.

So... wait a second...
The most terrifyingly vicious looking unit in the Mercurian army is not only more terrifying than many of the demons he fights...
but is also the one LEAST likely to slice 'n' dice a mortal because, unlike his shiny-happy brethren, he isn't a fanatical demon-hunting bloodthirster and still places value upon mortal lives beyond "future angel" or "ally of Hell?"

Welcome to Erebus.

(The Angels of Death might end up taking the "scariest Mercurian" title from the Repentants, depending on how SeZ goes. I'd be tempted to go for a gothic-but-glorious feel for the AoDs, but that's just my ten cents.)

So... wait a second...
The most terrifyingly vicious looking unit in the Mercurian army is not only more terrifying than many of the demons he fights...
but is also the one LEAST likely to slice 'n' dice a mortal because, unlike his shiny-happy brethren, he isn't a fanatical demon-hunting bloodthirster and still places value upon mortal lives beyond "future angel" or "ally of Hell?"

Welcome to Erebus.

(The Angels of Death might end up taking the "scariest Mercurian" title from the Repentants, depending on how SeZ goes. I'd be tempted to go for a gothic-but-glorious feel for the AoDs, but that's just my ten cents.)

No, he is the most likely to slice and dice mortals. He is the front of the army, the one who breaks down the gate, who pulls down the temple pillars. He kills so many that it weighs heavily upon him.

No, he still slices and dices the mortals. So much so that it weighs heavily upon him.

Hey, I said least likely! (Compared to his fellow angelic Mercurians, in case that wasn't clear.) If killing mortals weighs that heavily on his soul, it'll mean he's at least somewhat less likely to skewer you than an angel who doesn't have any qualms about sending people to the next life. It may only change my odds from "utterly screwed" to "pretty much screwed," but I'd still take my chances with the wingless guy if I were on the bad side of a Mercurian conquest.
Though I suppose the fact that he's presumably done enough killing to have something to repent for might be something to consider...

No, he is the most likely to slice and dice mortals. He is the front of the army, the one who breaks down the gate, who pulls down the temple pillars. He kills so many that it weighs heavily upon him.
Ah, saw your ninja-edit. Well now, lesson learned. Note to self: don't hope the wingless guy will decide to spare you, just freaking run.

Teutorix! I haven't played the Malakim in a very long time. The artwork looks great. The heavy musket, head dress, muscular physique... :goodjob:

Well, I avoid using Repentant Angels against mortals, so they do not get hampered.
I must say that, although the Repentant Angel's image looks good, as Art, it does not make me think they are a member of the Mercurian Army, rather than the opposite...

Sorry, it is just my opinion.

The herald fits very well!:goodjob:

Hmm. The Repentant Angel looks amazing, just... oddly evil for something repentant. Odd.

Doesn't Teutorix use the vanilla civ's Oromo Warrior from Ethiopia?

Anyway, the new Mercurian units look pretty damn cool. The Herald looks like he's literally swooping down from the heavens to announce impending destruction, and the Repentant Angel adds some grittiness that's always been present in the Mercurian's lore, but never been properly represented what with the limited number of customised Mercurian units so far :)

Doesn't Teutorix use the vanilla civ's Oromo Warrior from Ethiopia?

Reskinned, but basically yes. Still, I think Malakim's Arquebus should get Oromo warrior graphics, considering Blasting Powder is a pretty important tech for the Malakim.

Isn't the Kuriotate Swordsman just the Light Infantry from Charlemagne?

Doesn't make it any less awesome :p

I think that swordman unit art works really well.

One question about the blood flashes: why does the gorilla have so much blood it fills half the screen?

One question about the blood flashes: why does the gorilla have so much blood it fills half the screen?

the effect is attached to the "spine1" bone, so, if you scale that bone, the effect will scale along.

Can the blood effect be disabled for certain units? I'm not sure I see how my skeletons and spectres are losing great gouts of blood when they fight.

Top Bottom