FfH version 1.10e

Corlindale said:
I'm fairly certain I've summoned one succesfully in a previous game.

That fairly well exhausts my troubleshooting ability. ;)

Corlindale said:
I get a CTD error when attempting to summon an imp with my Conjurer, got it 2 times in a row. Attached the save.

got it, thanks Corlindale. It will be fixed in the next version.

Kael said:
Chalid said:
Another thing i will check is your improve all land things like ancient forests or Genesisi. I'm not sure how you solved these but i might possibly have a faster solution (all in Python).

I have a begin turn check that runs through, looks to see if the plot qualifies for an upgrade and applies a configurable chance that the plot will upgrade.

Ok i checked this one and i think we could approximatle double its speed. The entire map is divided into areas, even in land and water areas. So you can leave out the water areas whick by itself would double the speed for most maps. It might be even easy to get the inofrmation in which areas which players posess plots, so we could skip areas without fellowship civs too. That would speed it up even more. Its all just some rough idears but i'll write some code that should work these days.

One more thing that came to me is, we could name the Areas (when it does work as i assume and therefore i have to add soem marking for my personal use anyway) and show the name in the plot information. I think it would add a lot of athmosphere when ones ship is crusing in the "Sea of the forgotten Dreams" or when one Conquers not that big continent to the right, but the "Isle of Junil".

When you cast charm can we make it so a message pops up that it was successful or not? Or is it always successful? Also, if it is successful can we make it so they don't pillage you while charmed! That's annoying... :sad:

Chalid said:
Ok i checked this one and i think we could approximatle double its speed. The entire map is divided into areas, even in land and water areas. So you can leave out the water areas whick by itself would double the speed for most maps. It might be even easy to get the inofrmation in which areas which players posess plots, so we could skip areas without fellowship civs too. That would speed it up even more. Its all just some rough idears but i'll write some code that should work these days.

One more thing that came to me is, we could name the Areas (when it does work as i assume and therefore i have to add soem marking for my personal use anyway) and show the name in the plot information. I think it would add a lot of athmosphere when ones ship is crusing in the "Sea of the forgotten Dreams" or when one Conquers not that big continent to the right, but the "Isle of Junil".

That would be so cool, I would love to see some dynamic names made up for areas. If you could provide the mechanic I could start building a list of names.

That would be so cool, I would love to see some dynamic names made up for areas. If you could provide the mechanic I could start building a list of names.

It's a good idea, but I think it should be possible to toggle it on and off. Some might find the text disturbing, and others(including myself) might prefer to have the option to name discovered areas themselves.

Perhaps one might also give the named terrain special properties, like the landmarks in Alpha Centauri?

Im not sure still how big an area actually is. But i will report as soon as i know. It might be either whole continets or it might as well be possible that it refers only to small patches of land. I want to finish the unit i am working at momentarily, and do some more dragon animations and then i'll go back to do some more coding :)

Chalid said:
Im not sure still how big an area actually is. But i will report as soon as i know. It might be either whole continets or it might as well be possible that it refers only to small patches of land. I want to finish the unit i am working at momentarily, and do some more dragon animations and then i'll go back to do some more coding :)

You are my very favorite german/artist/programmer/demonic archer in the whole world!

CTD at End of Turn. Attached the save.
Nothing out of the ordinary seems to have happened during the turn. Researched Engineering and started to explore my first Ancient Temple with two Mud Golems.

The Area think should actually work but i had no time to write some code. Each Landmass is assigned a apecific era, and i think each enclosed ocean, too. On problem might be throug that even 1 tile islands are sepreat areas, but fortunatley each Area also knows how big it is so we can divde them in isles and continents for namegiving.

One note mostly for myself. The different size of the areas might be one reason for the quite different good behaivior of the AI. We might want to divide big continents with chokepoints into smaller areas when we do some major ai programming.

I'm sure it was mentioned, but the Ancient Forests spread like wild the minute your city has the Fellowship. Is this intended or is it being slowed down for 1.10f?

But it is cool to see the new graphics. :thumbsup:

woodelf said:
I'm sure it was mentioned, but the Ancient Forests spread like wild the minute your city has the Fellowship. Is this intended or is it being slowed down for 1.10f?

But it is cool to see the new graphics. :thumbsup:
The chance of a forest upgrading to an ancient forest has been halved for the next version.

Very minor typo: For Dance of Blades it says "frist strike" and not "first strike".

woodelf said:
Very minor typo: For Dance of Blades it says "frist strike" and not "first strike".

Thanks, fixed it.

Chalid said:
The Elven civ can not build elven archers when not in fellowship.... and therefor most often cannot vuild any archer :(

Cool, thanks. Ill get it fixed in this weekends version.

Chalid said:
Sntry Tower doesnt provide the temporary visibility upgrade for my (cheated) elven archer. i will test it with a warrior through.

It wont work for the warrior either. I broke it with the altar of delos. It will be fixed in this weekends version.

Do we have some known issues that lead to an endless loop or something similar.
When ending a special turn my game hangs up. Its at 95% CPU but nothing happens. The strange thing is that when i reload the game befor that strange turn there is 50% chance that it happens or not. I'm not positive if its your code or mine that makes problems.

Top Bottom