FfH2 0.11a Bugs:

Tsu Chi said:
I play as Ljosalfar (elves) and this is what i noticed :
1/ I cant build siege workshop (discovered construction), so i dont have catapults - it is very hard to play without it (i think this is not intentional)
2/I have built Purge the unfaithful - it did nothing - it should destroy any other religion in all of my cities exept the state religion
3/couldnt build Heavy Crossbowman - i have in every city Machinist workshop

I play 2011 not patched (but i didnt noticed these bugs repaired)

I need to fix the Purge, its broke. But the elves cant build catapults or heavy crossbowmen, so that parts intentional.

Again two bugs:

- 'God King' gives +50% culture instead of production.

- If the Drowns attacks a unit from the coast and enslaves this unit, the slave stands on the coast.

EDIT: edited for spelling

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvSpellInterface", line 15, in cast

File "<string>", line 0, in ?

File "FFHSpells", line 1284, in spellScorch

File "FFHSpells", line 117, in startWar

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getTeam'
ERR: Python function cast failed, module CvSpellInterface

Black Whole said:
Again two bugs:

- 'God King' gives +50% culture instead of production.

- If the Drowns attacks a unit from the coast and enslaves this unit, the slave stands on the coast.

EDIT: edited for spelling

Ill fix God King inthe next patch (someday Ill get that right).

The drown thing isnt a big deal, the unit can move into land the next turn.

Teg_Navanis said:

File "CvSpellInterface", line 15, in cast

File "FFHSpells", line 1284, in spellScorch

File "FFHSpells", line 117, in startWar

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getTeam'
ERR: Python function cast failed, module CvSpellInterface

Thanks Teg, it will be fixed in the next version. I think you may be setting some sort of bug reporting record :D .

Are scouts supposed to get a different amount of XP when defending versus attacking?

I'm only a few turns into this game, but I had a scout get attacked by a lion, and gain 2 XP, just enough to level, then that same scout (now with Combat 1), attacked and killed a lion a few turns later and got 4 XP.

The trainer promotion (train maceman spell) doesn't work correctly. When I use it, a fire elemental is created.

Edit: Well, it seems like it isn't created out of nowhere. instead, an axeman is turned into a fire elemental.

Edit2: Oh, and it can be used multiple times in a single turn, but then it is disabled for several turns. I guess the cool down time is intended, but it should start directly after using it, not just in the next turn.

upthorn said:
Are scouts supposed to get a different amount of XP when defending versus attacking?

I'm only a few turns into this game, but I had a scout get attacked by a lion, and gain 2 XP, just enough to level, then that same scout (now with Combat 1), attacked and killed a lion a few turns later and got 4 XP.

Yeah, just like in vanilla civ you get more xp for attacking than defending (to keep players from turtling up).

File "CvSpellInterface", line 51, in canCast

File "FFHSpells", line 1177, in reqRingofFlames

AttributeError: 'int' object has no attribute 'getOwner'
ERR: Python function canCast failed, module CvSpellInterface

Kael said:
Thats been addressed, the list if the issues that have been resolved in the next patch is here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=171497

Oh, thanks.

I guess Edit2 of my last post is still not fixed:
Train maceman can be used multiple times in a single turn, but then it is disabled for several turns. I guess the cool down time is intended, but it should start directly after using it, not just in the next turn.

One improvement suggestion concerning spells: If a unit is damaged/killed by a spell, the owner should be informed by a log message (similar to the air strike messages). My units keep disappearing and I have no clue how... ;)

Teg_Navanis said:
Oh, thanks.

I guess Edit2 of my last post is still not fixed:
Train maceman can be used multiple times in a single turn, but then it is disabled for several turns. I guess the cool down time is intended, but it should start directly after using it, not just in the next turn.

One improvement suggestion concerning spells: If a unit is damaged/killed by a spell, the owner should be informed by a log message (similar to the air strike messages). My units keep disappearing and I have no clue how... ;)

Train takes money each time it is used. If you have the cash you are welcome to use it as many times as you would like. It wasn't in cool down, you were broke.

Your right about the information messages. I have started adding those but they arent where they should be. when things are a bit more settled I will try to go through each spell and add the information messages they deserve.

Kael said:
Yeah, just like in vanilla civ you get more xp for attacking than defending (to keep players from turtling up).

The problem with this mechanic is that I'd have attacked the lion the turn before if I hadn't run out of movement points, but because it then decided to attack me, I lost points.

I wonder if it could be turned into an inside borders vs. outside borders thing instead.

... that's more of a feature request than a bug report, isn't it?

ERR: Python function canCast failed, module CvSpellInterface

File "CvEventInterface", line 24, in onEvent

File "CvEventManager", line 173, in handleEvent

File "CvEventManager", line 863, in onBuildingBuilt

AttributeError: CustomFunctions instance has no attribute 'FFHInquisit'
ERR: Python function onEvent failed, module CvEventInterface

In one game I was playing I had bears and lions with combat III and IV. Good thing animals cannot attack cities or the bear would have destroyed my early cities. Another things is the Sidar Palace, I know that they are not a playable civ yet but I am not sure if the AI has access to them. But it states in the civilopedia that their palace gives the city +429084232 happy faces for the Large Animal Stable, Library, and a Lion Cage. I am not sure if this is just a cosmetic mistake or actually occurs in the game. The Sidar must go nuts for books, riding animals, and apparently lions.
I am having a great time with the mod and I am still discovering all the neat stuff.

Also, I don't know if it's intentional, but if you play as the Dwarf race, and have Runes of Kilmorph, you actually get 2 different "Dwarven Soldier" units. One has Str 3 and can only be upgraded to "Maceman" equivalent. The other has Str 4 and actually replaces the Axemen in the tree. The weird thing is, they both have the same abilities, but the Str 3 one is more expensive to produce.

Is this intentional? Is there a way to disable it when the Dwarves have Runes? I think the same thing happens with Elves/Leaves, but haven't checked it to be sure...

Thanks for clarifying on Orthus. He appeared in turn 5 on my last run thru. :mad:

Most of the bugs I've noticed have been mentioned so far. I do have a balance issue with the Luchuirp though. The stone golem requires construction to build, but replaces axemen, so the Luchuirp get no new unit with bronze working. The problem is that the golems aren't even as good as an axeman with 2 promotions, which is pretty easy to create with a training yard and apprenticeship/conquest. And they ultimately take much longer to create because construction is a rather expensive tech at that point in the game (right when the barbarian rush starts generally).

My suggestion might be to make it a bronze golem that requires copper to create, but not a barracks. At least then it would have some advantage to it.

The experienced animals are deliberate - I managed to capture a bear with combat 4 yesterday; he even ended up snagging Orthus' Axe off another barb unit until he was slain by a Hill Giant which keeps menacing me :(

Incidentally, Orthus' Axe should be named just that, not "Orthuss Axe" as it currently is.

I also have a suggestion - the city resource screen displays mana as strategic resources (as it should do) but the order in which they're listed doesn't make any sense (it appears to be random, or possibly in the order they were acquired). Normally this isn't much of an issue, but it'd be useful to group the mana types together so it's easy to check which sources you have available - I nearly built a second fire node today which I didn't want. In fact, given that there are a dozen or so types available, it might be worth listing them separately from the other stretegic resources - no idea how easy it would be to make them a fourth kind of resource; might be better to make them always be listed at the bottom of the list.

I'm assuming, balance wise, you guys don't want Ljosalfar using Lumbermills?

If you build lumbermills during the transition phase between regular and ancient forest, the lumbermills end up sticking around and you can have a bunch of 3-4food/4production tiles.

pa12ick said:
Also, I don't know if it's intentional, but if you play as the Dwarf race, and have Runes of Kilmorph, you actually get 2 different "Dwarven Soldier" units. One has Str 3 and can only be upgraded to "Maceman" equivalent. The other has Str 4 and actually replaces the Axemen in the tree. The weird thing is, they both have the same abilities, but the Str 3 one is more expensive to produce.

Is this intentional? Is there a way to disable it when the Dwarves have Runes? I think the same thing happens with Elves/Leaves, but haven't checked it to be sure...

Thanks for clarifying on Orthus. He appeared in turn 5 on my last run thru. :mad:

Yeah, one is the religious unit, which is more expensive but doesnt require resources or a building and the other is the axeman replacement. If a city can build the cheaper one it wont be able to build the religious one.

Top Bottom