FfH2 0.12 Bugs:

I know... i proposed building a gatherers hut insteaad of a farm in forests (+1 food, no irrigation or additional benefits.) That would allow the forest to be seen.

As a rule of thumb the graphics engine first places the improvement and then checks if there is enough place to drop some trees. For the improvements that cover the most part of the tile there is no place left. The ancient forests in contrast to trees are placed by brute force and do not adapt to the surroundings. that why they are always shown.

Ha but i see something else on that pic.. Kael uses a standard Civ4 graphic for the new forest (did not bloom myself yet). I'll have to do a new one for him without that artificial - chemical looking green vector colors...

Bad Player said:
So could you just redo the farms and towns by shrinking their graphic/allowing some spaces inside their graphic in order to show trees?

Ist actually a bit more complicated as those graphics are accumulated dynamical (no town looks like the other, or at least rather seldom). To get a idear how much trees are cut look at those hamlets in the forests. there is quite a big ring that is cut. A town would not be allowed much more huts than a village when you still want to see trees. That might be ok for elves but it would look silly for real urbanized sourroundings.

This may not be a bug - I'm not sure but I might as well post it.

Tile defence? The city is on a desert/hills square (with gold) - +25% defence I thought. However in this picture the unit is getting +125% from tile defence. Can you just clarify this for me plz?

Here's a definite bug - I sometimes get these black screen + game crashes (rather annoying!).

I have attached the save file (FFH2 v2.12b) if you could please check it out. It is at the end of the turn and after I press the red button to end my turn it crashes a few seconds later (it seems to start doing stuff with the ai before crashing).

Thx!:)

Tile defence? The city is on a desert/hills square (with gold) - +25% defence I thought. However in this picture the unit is getting +125% from tile defence. Can you just clarify this for me plz?

It's because the 100% defensive bonus from the city is also counted here. So it adds up to 125%. The additional 115% bonus from city listed below probably comes from the City Garrison/other promotions of the unit.

Zuul said:
Better sorting of units in worldbuilder would be nice. Hard to find things the way it is.

Chalid said:
Yes i hate that two, but nothing we can do against it.

They are unfortunateley sorted after their entries in the xml. And those are sorted after the entires in the Editior, which started out alphabetical but...

The only good thing is that new things usually end up at the end. :)

Yes I know but why not sort the xml entries then? It takes time but nothing hard.

Zuul said:
Yes I know but why not sort the xml entries then? It takes time but nothing hard.

All of the entries in the worldbuilder are sorted alphabetically. But they are sorted first on their unitclass first, then on the unit name. The reason I do it taht way is I want all of the "adepts" to be together in the editor, regardless of if it is an "imp", "adept", "witch doctor", "elven adept", etc. With them together in the editor it is much easier for me to make changes to all the adepts and make sure they are set correctly.

If they were sorted on their unitid instead of their unitclass then when I made a change to adepts I would need to search through the spreadsheet looking for all the adepts, I would invariably miss one, and we would have more bugs.

When in the worldbuilder when you are trying to find a unit think of the unit it replaces, that is the order it will be in. So if you want a wind knight, look in the K's for knight. If you want a Merryman look in the W's for warrior. Its not perfect but it should help.

most units that all replace a certain unit are grouped together
maceman-dragonslayer-
boarding party-pikeman
warrior-merryman

Top Bottom