FfH2 0.12 Bugs:

Ranbir said:
I played that Battlefield Illuria mod with FFH2...and...the Kuriates were unable to build settlers. I was having an mp game, and my friend was able to build settlers. I'm not sure if this is just a random thing cause of the scenario originally being designed for FFH1 or if the Kuriates really can't build settlers...(or maybe just specifically for that scenario)

Just thought I'd like, put it on record.

Thats a Battlefield Illuria thing, a special switch was put in for that mod to block settlers. Im more surprised your friend could build settlers than you couldn't.

Sarisin said:
I just had to give up on the most frustrating FFh game I have ever played.

I battled back from being down 2,000 points and tech. screwed to defeat the two of the three remaining civs - Perpentach and Bannor who both for some reason did not receive the raging barbarian attacks as I did.

Anyway, now it is Calabrim and I and even though they are so far ahead of me, I manage to get him down from 20+ cities to 4. Then, the bug killed me.

His last four cities are completely surrounded by (a) mountains (b) small lakes and (c) that %$#@! ancient forest.

If I try to go through it, the game crashes. If I try to fireball/meteor nearby cities, I have to get close to the ancient forest and my stack vanishes. Grrrr.

I realize it is that Treant/Ancient Forest bug, but it sure is frustrating to come so far and then get skunked.:cry:

I understand .13 will fix this problem, but I don't suppose my save of this game from .12 will work, will it?

I would change the TREANT_SPAWN_CHANCE from 5 to 0 in the global defines page in the editor (if you have excel). Or in the 'Fall from Heaven 2 012/Assets/xml/ClobalDefinesAlt.xml' file with notepad if you don't have excel.

With that change treants will never spawn and you won't have to worry about the bug.

Yes that same worker thing has occured to mine when i've had them captured by enemy forces and then when i retake them.

Arqebus is gunpowder unit, not archery(So, units with cover shouldn't get bonus against arqebus. Currently they do get it.). Also, when arqebus attacks a city, the defender IS getting bunus from walls and castle(While in description of arqebus written the oposite). Serious bugs, i think.

YNCS said:
nomis,

Did you change religions to the Ashen Veil? Sacrifice the Weak is the default health civic for AV.

I had Ashen Veil before it happend. By default do you mean that you can´t change to another civic if you got AV?

Aletr said:
Arqebus is gunpowder unit, not archery(So, units with cover shouldn't get bonus against arqebus. Currently they do get it.). Also, when arqebus attacks a city, the defender IS getting bunus from walls and castle(While in description of arqebus written the oposite). Serious bugs, i think.

The Arquebus is an archery unit so units with the cover promotion should get a bonus against them. And in my tests the Arquebus is ignoring building defenses correctly. What are you seeing that makes you thinkt hat they arent?

Chalid said:
If you have Ashen Veil as States religion your Alignment will shift to evil. Evil Civs cannot choose the two lower civics for the health care.
That is wierd because I can choose Protect the Meek...

nomis89 said:
That is wierd because I can choose Protect the Meek...

You are correct, only the last civic compassion option (Public Healers) requires you to be good to adopt it, there are no blocks on Protect the Meek except you have to have the required tech.

Frozen-Vomit said:
Ok, when Avelorn finishes Eternal Flame the game crashes (when i don't complete it i can go on playing...)

edit: Played for some more turns - the game crashes even when eternal flame is not build :( ...

ok... i played around with the save game and it appears that the ctd is caused by the city dirange when it finishes building it's smokehouse (all the other cities were building wealth in my test.) hope this helps...

edit: hmm, sorry for the spam... i seem to be too stupid to single out the cause of the crashes... useless as a beta tester :) (in other words: my save still crashes after a few turns when i don't build the smokehouse...)

edit 2: the problem seems to be the ashen vile city graphics in combination with finishing some of the buildings i'm building in this save (haven't been able to find all of them and when excactly the game will crash.) But when i switch to another religion the game doesn't crash...

I don't know if thats a bug, but Halls of granite gives +10% hammers, and +50% hammers with stone. Its huge bonus for the era in which you can build it, Runes is very much useful religion anyway...

I am playing as the Vampires with the Ashen Vail. I have attempted a number of different moves/build options, but this always crashes in one or two turns from this save point.

Unfortunately the save file is 555kb and I am not able to upload. I would be happy to provide the file if desired in an email or other method.

Kael said:
I would change the TREANT_SPAWN_CHANCE from 5 to 0 in the global defines page in the editor (if you have excel). Or in the 'Fall from Heaven 2 012/Assets/xml/ClobalDefinesAlt.xml' file with notepad if you don't have excel.

With that change treants will never spawn and you won't have to worry about the bug.

Thanks for that, Kael! I was able to finish off the remaining city of Calabrim.

I started a new game and never had this before:

I am playing as Elohim on a huge map with raging barbs as usual. But, get this...the other 9 civs all selected randomly are EVIL. They all hate me because I am good. :)

Some might be neutral.. they dont really hate you (-6) but do not like you either (-2).

But wait till someone spreads AV to them then they all will hate you and you"ll have more problems :D. Or maybe you should found Ashen Veil or Octopus Overlords and get evil/neutral yourself...

1) Here is a picture that has the mouse held over the square 2 plots East of Kalocity (mouse doesn't get screenshotted). Note the lack of forest graphic. The same bug applies to the other small towns you can see around the city. Note that this bug also occurs with farms too.

2) [Bad Player]"* I noticed an unused mana node that Ethne the White could have put a mana node on top of."
[Nikis Knight] "At what point in the game was this? its possible she didn't have knowledge of the ether researched, or else it was pillaged."
I noticed this in the year 509 AD. This mana node doesn't appear to have been improved - here is a shot later in the game and Ethne still hasn't put a node on it! (yr 673):

3) [Bad Player]"* Ethne the White told me (yr 428) told me to stop trading with her bitter enemy Morgoth but I was not trading with him."
[Nikis Knight]"Trading includes open borders, did you have that?"
No I only gave open borders to Ethne (since all the others turned evil and hated me) - I don't have a savegame from that year unfortunately.

4)[Bad Player]"* I couldn't build the Mithril Golem either. My religion was Fellowship of the Leaves but I did have the Runes of Kilmorph holy city so I thought I should have been able to build it. Of course I had mithril too."
[Nikis Knight]"I haven't tried, but it does need to be in the actualy holy city."
Here is the save game (I am just about to declare war here). I have the Runes Holy City and Mithril. See savegame attachment yr 666.

5) * Ethne (yr 674) gives me a +2 modifier for defensive pact but the pact was broken when I used Mishabur of Dis' fire ability and causes war with the vampire nation.
Here is a screenshot - you can just see the green line representing open borders only (no defensive pact after I declared war) but it also shows that I still get a +2 defensive pact modifier.

6) I get a +1 modifier with Ethne for our mutual military struggle brings us closer together but there is no war (and hasn't been for a long time!). e.g. See the yr 666 savegame I have included.

EDIT: Can a moderator plz add the URL things for Imageshack or something to stop large pictures? Sorry the pix were so large!

#1 forest not shown on towns is not a problem we can do anything about. It has to do with the tree cut sphere and the working of the plotL system. - Ancient forest use a different approach that allows them to be shown with towns

#2 is solved by 0.13 i hope (if not we have to comment some more code in that tells the worker that the node is worth somethin) - they did not know that in 0.12 and never improved nodes outside the city radius

#3 did you ever give a tech,gold or resource to her or gained one? Some AIs remember such things really long. You can't do anything against it.

#4 i believe the golem requires you to have runes as states religion, too.

#5 and #6 again the long memory. The war modifiers stay with most guys for the entire game (as in vanilla) the defensive pact modifier will vanish after some more turns (dependend on what is in the leaderhead file. Some turns might be some 100 turns...

Chalid - I may have traded with Morgoth I can't say either way. Thx for clarifications on the other points.

However, it is very confusing not seeing a picture of forests on a tile that is forested! Imagine if there is a war on and it's not your land so you think it's just grassland with no defensive bonus! Not good :( Is there anyway to fix it? (btw you can see that first picture now).

I think the best fix will be disallowing towns in forest (which is really a way strong in my opinion and obviosly the graphics engine is on my side ;)) If they only grow to villages there should be some trees left.

Other than that there is not much that can be done without replacing the way forests are handled (which would in most cases look not so good as they do now as we would get only one type of forest that repeats itself - like the ancient forests).

P.s. you will see the forest whe it grows into an ancient forest through.

Top Bottom