FfH2 0.23 Bug Thread

the 1.9% is for the wolfs odds, that means its easier to defend (you've got 98.1% odds of winning on defense).

if you lost, well that happens sometimes, but you had a better chance of winning that particular fight.

thought so... any possibility of the combat log being wrong? because, losing once? ok. twice? yeah.... but four times was a bit too much. I ask because in another thread (FAQ if I am right) someone mentioned about the odds being weird too. and since .23 at least for me it has become a weird, considering the odds shown. thank anyway, I'll try a few more times... or run away with that scout.

bah... didn't know about the random seed thing, may explain all.... or most of it. :) thanks again.

You mean if you reload and try again four times? Well the Random Seed is saved so the exact same results will happen if you do that. (Unless you checked the "Use new Random Seed on Reload" option)

What patch is your 0.23?

Patch "a":

4. Nationhood correctly gives +1 happiness with Bannor Training Yards.

I "thought" i had patch c. The latest one. But now that i see that it makes me think something is fishy.

But wait, there's more:
-Warriors are getting their +25% city defense when attacking out of a city.
-Both the attacking and defending unit get +40% when attacking across a river.
-Bonus vs. barbarians on lower difficulties is applied twice just like the scout bonus.
-I'm sure there are others as well, but those are the only ones I've really looked at.
I remember this happening in a previous version, but it was later fixed. I wonder if the same change (whatever that was) would fix the problem?

Is it a bug that the third level of the altar gives the blessed promotion to unit's built in -every- city instead of just the creator city?

Also, why don't mud golems deserve 3 defense?

Edit: Just finished a game as bannor, the guardsman promotion doesn't seem to reduce city maintenace from keeping them in a city at all, and the bannor training yard still has no benefit from nationalism (still patched to C), just try it yourself.

Also suggestion, maybe nationalism should give a +1 happy to archery range and stables also.

In .23c I built Succellus' tears and was not able to heal any unit. The blue symbol was never seen.

By the way, the icon in AIR mana is still missing, it only shows a pale yellow square.

I do appriciate the fast loading time. How was this achieved? A huge +!

random seed then.. haven't tried yet :mischief:

In .23c I built Succellus' tears and was not able to heal any unit. The blue symbol was never seen.

By the way, the icon in life mana is still missing, it only shows a pale yellow square.

I do appriciate the fast loading time. How was this achieved? A huge +!

yes, I noticed the loading a bit. and also the time between turns. maybe it's just the randomness of the PCs, but in patch B I could count 6 seconds in early game. now it's 2-3 seconds. who knows...

That seems to be correct, for I read, that any odds >100% will mean a sure kill. So be happy to win by sure.

Not really.
I managed to loose with 125% win chance in the desert combat mod.

Anything over 100% is down to a glitch in the displayed odds or calculation.

Hmm, I can't figure out why I can't build a human cage with my human slave in this city. It has a freak show and carnival and no human cage yet. I've done it once already.:confused:

If you look up Human Cage in the Civpedia thingie it says it needs a Hunting Lodge.

Could someone please fix the combat odds/modifiers/% already? If there's a higher priority, I can't imagine what it might be.

I've hit a city 3 turns in a row, with 0% defense - the catapult has the 40% collateral damage promotion yet not a single unit [5 bloodpets] has gotten any damage .. 0 nada zilch.

.023c

thats only because the freak show is the blasperaph replacement or the hunting lodge

I don't think it is any more (I'm pretty sure you're right that it used to be but I don't see the change listed anywhere.) At any rate, in the game he posted in the city in question the hunting lodge was buildable (the icon was there and clickable) but not yet built (and when I added it in WorldBuilder, the human crawled happily into his cage.)

I just tried to make a scenario and encountert a couple of bugs:
  • If you save a scenario in worldbuilder allignments are not saved.
    (I have now neutral followers of Junil)
  • Vulcanos get deleted.
  • If you give a civ the infernal pact tech hyborem is spawned and then a second time on reload.
    (Now I have two of them, each independent)

I've hit a city 3 turns in a row, with 0% defense - the catapult has the 40% collateral damage promotion yet not a single unit [5 bloodpets] has gotten any damage .. 0 nada zilch.

.023c

Just to get this clear: you actually ATTACKED the city? As bombardement never does damage but only lowers defense you have to attack the city for the collateral damage to kick in.

Kael, I'm getting an unexplained CtD late in a game I'm currently playing. It happens at the end of a turn. I tried to post a save, but even though I zipped the file, it was bigger than the CFC forum rules allow. (I'm playing a huge map, so maybe that's why it's too big?) Would it be okay if I PM'ed you the save so you can see what the problem might be? Thanks.

ahh guess i hadn't realized that ... its been so long since i last played, I've forgotten much it seems

Top Bottom