1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 0.23 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Jul 13, 2007.

1. erx

erx Chieftain

2. Geshankt

Geshankt Chieftain

in my HD or RAM?

HD : 1.5 gigs left

RAM : 1 gig

i just realized i was using the FfH .22 version (whoops)... i just patched .23 and gonna try it again.

i also changed a few parameters in the civics xml file but i doubt that would cause the crash.

i'll try with the patch b and see if it works.

3. Kael

Kael Deity

Patch "c" is linked in the first post, it makes the following changes:

1. Amurite Swordsmen increased from 3 to 4 strength.
    2. Fixed a spinlock issue caused by the AI weight on crew spells.
    3. Barbarian spawning reduced on marathon game speed.
    4. Defence percent is now saved in save games (this will break saves!).
    5. Fixed the Baby Spider popup button art.
    6. Fixed the Temple of Temporence movie.
    7. Fixed combat odds on resists.
    8. Added display of combat odds on resists.
    9. Fixed Pyre Zombies explode ability.

This patch will break save games.

4. darkedone02

darkedone02 The Suggestor

good thing I didn't went far on my save game. So how many days will it take for this game to convert to BtS?

5. Kael

Kael Deity

No idea .

6. Nikis-Knight

Nikis-Knight Deity

Did you notice forest stealth not working correctly this version?

7. Uberness

Uberness Warlord

Is it intended for mud golems to have 2 defense instead of 3? just want to know, they were 2 before the +1 strength upgrade to all units.

8. Kael

Kael Deity

Yes, they didnt get the strength upgrade. Thats not a problem.

I think the forest stealth may have broken when I move the onUnitMove into the SDK. It will probably have to wait for the rewrite in "Shadow" when we introduce the real invisibility system. If we get another patch I'll black any upgrades to it to keep people from wasting a promotion on it.

9. BuchananAC

BuchananAC Chieftain

I'm pretty new to all of this, and trying to be able to play this mod. I downloaded it, but when I start the game up, go into advanced to load the mod, I can see FfH2, but when I click on it and the game starts up again, all I see is the first loading screen and then nothing happens... it just doesn't load and I can't continue to go into playing the game. I can do the other mods that came with the game (like American Rev) but can't play the ones I have downloaded (although like I said, I can see them, but just can't get them to start.

One thing... when I went into updates yesterday before downloading, I was told there was an update that needed to be loaded, which I did... when I ran the update, I couldn't even get into Civ at all, so I had to compeltely reload the game. I kept getting an error about Direct X... but after reloading, I finally got Civ to work again. Not sure this had anything to do with it or not...

Anyway, can anyone help me? This looks like a great game and I really want to play if I can get it to start!
    Thanks

10. Locust-71

Locust-71 King of Athel Loren

11. BuchananAC

BuchananAC Chieftain

We're trying to follow the directions to load DirectX... but when we go to the site to download and run, we get past the validation, but when we run, we get an error as follows:
    An internal system error has occured. Please refer to DXError.log and DirectX.log in your windows folder to determine the problem.

We looked at these logs, but have no idea what to do. We are very newbies to this process!!!! So any help in easy terms would be apprecitaed!!! :) ;)

12. moverred

moverred Warlord

I don't know about directX buy I do remember when I tried to play FFH for the first time and I tried to load it to warlords. Well, it is for vanilla only! So you get the screen you got and nothing more. If that is your case then all you need to do is reload it to vanilla and you'll be good to go.

13. moverred

moverred Warlord

It seems that the multiplayer function with patch C may be bugged. Upon re-load of a saved game, a: the game runs much slower b: after a few player turns the scores goes to 0 for each player and then the game goes slower, and then c: when you try to exit the game, it shows a runtime error. I will attatch the saved game to see if that helps. Thanks.

14. arcaner

arcaner Chieftain

moverred. was the game started on patch b or patch c? the saves are not compatible between the two versions.

Also attaching multi-player saves are not helpful because everything is locked down to prevent cheating. (this may not be the case w/ hot seat games)

15. GeeJo

GeeJo Flibbertigibbet

The same colour, which leads to situations like this:
    View attachment 155791

In the above, Kwythellar belongs to the Sidar, and Nameless Tower to the Svartalfar, but the shared colour means their borders don't show up. There's a similar situation with Hyborem and the Barbarians.

16. mindlar

mindlar Warlord

With .23c:

The scout bonus against animals (+50%) appears to be being counted twice. My unupgraded scout (str 2) attacking a wolf pack (strength 3) in an emperor level game displayed combat odds of: 3.00 vs 2.00. So the scout received a 50% boost and the wolf took a 33% hit (2/3) in strength.

17. Rhymes

Rhymes Drive 4 25 is back

damn, I started the most awesome game in the world on patch b, with the sheaim, but now my pyre zombies are cannibalizing each other with the pyre zombie bug.
    If anyone knows a way for me to fix this bug without having to switch to patch C please pm me! If its only a xml or python line that needs to be replaced it can probably be done, right?

18. Bringa

Bringa King

Just a quick post here to report that magic and fire resistance now work as advertised. It's another one of those cases of the bonus not making the defending unit stronger but rather making the attacking unit weaker, but it's all there and seems to be working. Thanks!

19. moverred

moverred Warlord

Nah, it was after patch c. The reason I included the save was to visually verify my experiance, I understand that it can't be dissected. I think it may be bugged becuase the same thing happened in another version, but was fixed, unintentially or not, in a later patch/version (I don't remeber which exactly). Anyway, thanks again for the imput, I do hope, selfishly I guess, that it is not an isolated issue with just my pc!

20. the_fish

the_fish Warlord

If you haven't fixed this yet, try installing the latest civIV patch (1.61?). I had a similar problem and one thing that isn't made clear is that FFH2 requires this to run.

(Thanks to the guys on this forum who pointed me in this direction about three weeks ago)