FfH2 0.23 Bug Thread

There's another issue I noticed today but I don't know if it's a bug. I remember I tried to raze my mana node to replace it with another type, but it didn't work because the mana retained its type after I razed the node so the only thing my Adept could do is rebuild the node of same type. However, when I build Purge the Faithful several of my cities revolted for a turn and 4 of my mana nodes were left outside my cultural border. The mana nodes were gone and the resources turned back into raw mana. I had to stop building the two Towers because I was left without required mana. When the situation normalized and I rebuilt the nodes as they were before the revolts, I had one mana less than before and my Tower of Alteration lost its effect. In addition, the tooltip for Tower of Alteration said World Wonder: 1 of 0.

One more thing. Cultists start with several spellcasting promotions but without any spells, and they never gain level 1 spells of the promotions they start with.

There's another issue I noticed today but I don't know if it's a bug. I remember I tried to raze my mana node to replace it with another type, but it didn't work because the mana retained its type after I razed the node so the only thing my Adept could do is rebuild the node of same type. However, when I build Purge the Faithful several of my cities revolted for a turn and 4 of my mana nodes were left outside my cultural border.

It is not a bug, it is a feature to prevent players doing what you were trying to do, namely an exploit :)

One more thing. Cultists start with several spellcasting promotions but without any spells, and they never gain level 1 spells of the promotions they start with.

They are not arcane units, only divine and the spell system works for them in a different way, i.e. they do not get I lvl spels.

Yeah, it's Purge of the Unfaithful and I don't think it is a feature. It did exactly what I was trying to do (revert a mana resource to raw mana), but it broke at least one wonder.

Also, I noticed that Drows with their Water Walking ability can walk only on Coast squares, but if you upgrade them to Stygian Guards they can walk across oceans as well. Is this a feature as well? Newly built Stygian Guards don't even have Water Walking.

I think there is too much upgrading allowed for some unit branches. Someone suggested that human Calabim units shouldn't be upgradable into Vampires and and Vampire Lords and I agree, but I also think that Drowns (undead) shouldn't be upgradable into Stygian Guards (demons).

It is a feature, mana not reverting to raw mana when you demolish the node, only reverting when you lose control of it. I did not commented the purge thing.

Newly built Stygian Guards don't even have Water Walking.

That is how it works and it has been that for many versions by now so I would think it is a feature cause Kael definetly heard about it.

Hiumans not upgrading to Vampires? Then the name would confiuse every one. One of the stereotypes of a vampire is that it is spreading like a diesese. They are already a living unit, take more away and you should name them with a more apropriate name then.

[NWO]_Valis;5925040 said:
It is a feature, mana not reverting to raw mana when you demolish the node, only reverting when you lose control of it. I did not commented the purge thing.

Oh, I wasn't reporting that as a bug. I know it is a feature and a good one, but the Purge is definitely bugged.

That is how it works and it has been that for many versions by now so I would think it is a feature cause Kael definetly heard about it.

Again you're commenting the wrong thing :). I don't mind Stygians not having Water Walking, even upgrading Drowns to get Stygians that do have Water Walking isn't much of an exploit, but why can they walk on Oceans when Drowns can't, and they both have the same promotion?

Humans not upgrading to Vampires? Then the name would confiuse every one. One of the stereotypes of a vampire is that it is spreading like a diesese. They are already a living unit, take more away and you should name them with a more apropriate name then.

There's already a Gift of Vampirism ability that can make another living unit vampiric, so it would be nice to keep Vampire and Vampire Lord units reserved for those who have been born as vampires. Otherwise, what's the difference between a unit of Moroi with Vampirism and a Vampire unit? It would also add more flavor to Calabim as a society with a ruling class of vampires and serving class of humans.

"cannot enter ocean" is a feature of the Drown unit, just like it is a feature of early boats. It has nothing to do with the promotion.

Vampires and Vampire lords are much better than units that have been gifted vampirism, because they start with death, body, (and mind) magic, which non-arcane human units can never learn. They are also stronger than the earlier units like maroi, obviously.

There'a a bug with Immortal Werewolves (gained through Blood of the Phoenix ritual). When a Werewolf unit turns into a better type (Ravenous into Blooded or Blooded into Greater), the old unit disappears and the better one appears instead of it. If the unit that disappeared had the Immortal ability, it will spawn back in your capital.

"cannot enter ocean" is a feature of the Drown unit, just like it is a feature of early boats. It has nothing to do with the promotion.

OK, I understand, it's a balance issue, but at least it should loose the Water Walking when upgraded.

Vampires and Vampire lords are much better than units that have been gifted vampirism, because they start with death, body, (and mind) magic, which non-arcane human units can never learn. They are also stronger than the earlier units like maroi, obviously.

I know what the difference is in the game mechanics, but what is the explanation for the racial difference between the Moroi with Vampirism ability and the Vampire units? I know it's a tradition of Civ4 to have an unbroken chain of upgrades from the worst to the best units, but Moroi can already upgrade to Pikemen so this chain isn't broken if they loose the ability to upgrade into Vampire.

Playing Sheaim, no religion yet.

I've encountered what seems to be a glitch with Prophecy Mark. I've built the Prophecy of Ragnarok, and produced a unit in the city that made it, and that unit has the Prophecy Mark promotion... but the Armageddon Count is unaffected (still at zero).

Screenshot attached.

Attachments

• Prophecy.JPG
    Prophecy.JPG
    214.4 KB · Views: 74
Maybe Prophecy Marks have no effect if Armageddon Count hasn't been started yet by other events? (like razing cities and spreading Ashen Veil)

If you have only made 1 unit, I'm not surprised that it hasn't risen yet. The AC shown is a percentage of the total possible "real AC." The "real AC" was probably increased by 1 when you built the unit, but this wasn't enough to increase the AC by a whole percent.

Ah, thanks; I didn't know that.

Incidentally, however...

Same game; I founded the Ashen Veil, and Hyborem hasn't shown up.

Screenshot attached.

Attachments

• NoHyborem.JPG
    NoHyborem.JPG
    272.7 KB · Views: 73
Hyborem is spawned by researching Infernal Pact, the technology that requires you already have the Ashen Veil state religion, not Corruption of Spirit, the tech that founds the religion.

but at least it should loose the Water Walking when upgraded

Again, this is not a bug, it is a feature! If you only say that they shouldn't cause it doesn't fit right then here is not the place to post it, it is a BUG thread and every complain of yours is treated as such.

Top Bottom