FfH2 0.23 Bug Thread

In my last Kuritotate game this worked. Did you have "free" cities left? Otherwise the new one will automatically be a settlement.

Well, no, I only have three cities so far. But I remember that Kuriotates could choose even if they had less than 8 cities.

Well, no, I only have three cities so far. But I remember that Kuriotates could choose even if they had less than 8 cities.

Which size do you play at? The amount is map-dependant.
Oh and its disabled in multiplayer games.

Playing 0.23c, single player; started with 4 other AIs but I conquered one of them (wouldn't open his borders to me). Single continent, fully colonized (300+ turns into the game). Every city on the continent is my religion (leaves), but the victory status panel shows religion penetration at only 76%. Here's the saved file:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/120029/Rhoanna_AD-0365.Civ4SavedGame

I've done a religious victory before, but I believe it was in 0.22 or 0.23a/b. Something I'm missing here? Does it adjust for the % population that's my religion? Note that two of the remaining three AIs have converted to Leaves as well (and did so quite some time ago). ..fritz..

Yeah the balance with religious victory might need some tuning, if I'm right, it's a percentage of total existing population that counts. So if there are 100 cities in your world, even if everyone of them has FoL, if 35 of them ALSO have RoK then you won't be getting the victory. You'll have to purge RoK from those cities to improve your percentage.

Edit: Never mind, searched Elephant in this thread and saw it's already been pointed out :blush:

Spoiler Tagged original post to save space :lol:
Spoiler :
An odd one I've come by is that Elephants can be used as offensive units, at least with Hidden Nationality. I've haven't gone nuts testing it, but I think it's a glitch with open borders.

If you Elephant has Hidden Nationality and you have open borders with the person you are attacking, by moving the Elephant 'over' the unit you initiate combat, although the combat odds are not displayed. Through this I've been able to 'attack' "allied" cities with Elephants. I've also been able to assault their workers as well :mischief:

I haven't gone crazy testing this, I only just noticed it in a game I was playing just now (had an Elephant walking through my "ally's" areas with HN, racking up some XP on some weak Warrior attacks, when I stumbled upon the fact that I could trample over their workers and attack their cities). For all I know Open Borders has nothing to do with it, but I was always under the impression that basic Elephants weren't meant to be able to attack, only defend.

Edit: Done some quick testing with my autosaves.

Open Borders is irrelevant. You can attack allies with or without it. However, if you declare war on them you can't attack. An amusing exploit, you can attack other civs with HN 'phants at peace but not at war.

If anyone wants to see for themselves, I've attached a save with this. My HN 'phant is parked outside the Lurchiurp capital, prior to cancelling Open Borders or declaring war. With reloads you can see that whilst at peace, attack is possible, but at war you can't.

Attachments

• Amelanchier AD-0140.Civ4SavedGame
    113.9 KB · Views: 46
Yeah the balance with religious victory might need some tuning, if I'm right, it's a percentage of total existing population that counts. So if there are 100 cities in your world, even if everyone of them has FoL, if 35 of them ALSO have RoK then you won't be getting the victory. You'll have to purge RoK from those cities to improve your percentage.

Hmm. Well, I can purge other religions from the few cities that I have that have them, but there's not much I can do to purge religions from cities belonging to the AIs, is there? Would building temples (via priests) in the AI cities help shift the balance?

This does bring up a fundamental problem with most 4X games, namely that you often reach a point where it's clear you've won (or lost!), but you have to hang around or carry out relatively tedious actions for several dozen or even a hundred or more turns before the game finally recognizes it. I abandon more games than I finish for exactly that reason.

On the other hand, I will say that FfH2 has become my favorite 4X game since Alpha Centauri/Crossfire -- and it's frankly a whole lot more fun than Civ4 vanilla/warlords. The various factions feel far more different than they do in Civ4 (because they are!), and the accelerated/expanded promotions have changed that aspect from an 'oh that's nice' to an absolutely critical part of the game. I've always been a culture/tech victory kind of guy in 4X play, but I've gotten rather hooked on playing Tasunke and systematically overrunning all the other factions with my rapidly-promoting units. Whee! I'll also note that I've managed a wider variety of victory types (religious, dominance, conquest, towers) in a much shorter period of time than with Civ4. Still haven't achieved the altar victory, but I may focus on that next. Also haven't tried cultural -- but that seems harder than in Civ4 (or, at least, I don't see my cities' culture levels climbing as much as in Civ4).

Congrats to the FfH2 team for an absolutely outstanding and original game design. ..fritz..

P.S. Oh, and I really like the werewolves. :) Baron Duin Halfmorn is probably my favorite hero, and I love building up a group of really nasty werewolves to go along with him.

Hmm. Well, I can purge other religions from the few cities that I have that have them, but there's not much I can do to purge religions from cities belonging to the AIs, is there? Would building temples (via priests) in the AI cities help shift the balance?
Bring in inquisitors if you have open borders and share a religion.

Bring in inquisitors if you have open borders and share a religion.

But my whole point is that I've already shared the religion with every city in the entire game. In other words, my religion is already in 100% of the cities in the game. Do inquisitors get rid of other religions in the cities of other players?

By the way, I was able to win the game by doing a 'purge the unbelievers' on my own cities -- that pushed me up to 81%. ..fritz..

But my whole point is that I've already shared the religion with every city in the entire game. In other words, my religion is already in 100% of the cities in the game. Do inquisitors get rid of other religions in the cities of other players?
I think they can get rid of non-state religions in any city.

Not a big problem, and sorry if it has been mentioned before:

When you kill a barbarian Orc Spearman, you get the message:

"Your unit has killed a WARRIOR."

I don't remember seeing that in prior versions.

All flavour units are now going back to their base unit name. I assume this is in preparation for BtS integration.

I know the team is working hard on the BtS version of FFH. Is it the plan to fix the broken combat system in the current version at some point? It is getting very tiresome watching combats go completely random (and usually not in my favor).

I noticed that if you summon a skeleton then immediately fortify both the adept and the skeleton you can summon a new skeleton every turn

Beyond the limit of skeletons? You know you can have one skeleton per adept, regardless of who summons them, right?

Attached file of screen dump after CTD.
FfH0.23c with Civ 1.74
Standard terra map

Question. I've installef the FfH 2 mod, and then the 'c' patch, and then the media pack. I open up my vanilla civ game, load the mod, and start a new game. I choose a leader and then it begins loading...but at the very last second, it crashes.

I'm sure (this mod has been around awhile) - this has been noted before. Anyone know whats causing it and how I can fix it?

Top Bottom