FfH2 0.30 Balance Issues

Buying and selling them require the slavery civic. Even then though, I still say the only way to fix slaves (and probably mercenaries) is to make their cost depend on the current demand (preferably a worldwide supply and demand based system). That way, if you try to buy enough slaves to be able to rush a wonder, you will drive the price up to the point where you can't afford it anymore.

Maybe just making it so Merc/Slaves themselves can't be used to buy new Mercs or Slaves and also remove the ability from workers. This should make it considerably more difficult to abuse either, without having to mess with the current functionality?

I think that settlements should again be able to build monuments and defensive structures (palisades/walls/maybe keeps), since otherwise they would become very easy to capture now that cultural defenses have been nerfed. I also think that it might be a good idea to reevaluate the Kuriotates world spell, since the free culture cannot boost defenses (very much) anymore, and so is less powerful. I never really like this spell anyway...

I think that settlements should again be able to build monuments and defensive structures (palisades/walls/maybe keeps), since otherwise they would become very easy to capture now that cultural defenses have been nerfed. I also think that it might be a good idea to reevaluate the Kuriotates world spell, since the free culture cannot boost defenses (very much) anymore, and so is less powerful. I never really like this spell anyway...

I would like to see the Kuriotates revisited in whole. You make several good points there MC. The sprawling culture feature of the Kuriotates has not worked in a while. Their world spell has definately been nerfed with the lowered cultural defense bonus. Settlements somehow lost both monuments and walls when monuments got merged with obelisks. Personally I would like to see settlements become cities that can utilize the first ring around them with them only being able to build the most basic of buildings(i.e. only buildings available in the first 2 columns of the tech tree). I play almost nothing but Huge maps and the Kuriotates seem to always play out the same, race out to an early lead hold it for a good 150-200 years and then start plummeting down the charts, only to be eliminated later in the game. I generally refuse to play them on such maps unless it is in a team game, where I can give my newly conquered cities to my partner and even then the amount of supoort I can give with just 5 cities is limited.

@Grunthex

i think the idea to make spring a passive effect is great. perhaps give each desert tile a 4% chance to turn to plain per water mana after you discover elementalism. having to take your adept with water I is so tedious and annoying. it doesnt add to the gameplay but you still always have to do it. this gives the same desired effect without making you micromanage.

I can't take credit for the idea, I'm sure I've seen it 2 or 3 times in the past on various musing threads. As a balance concept, I was originally thinking it would give roughly a 1% per turn chance of converting any desert in your borders to plains per turn - this works out to 40% in 50 turns, 64% in 100 turns ... Add 0.5% per extra mana makes it 53% in 50, 78% in 100.

Possibly scale to game speed, although I'm torn on that (would make blight much more devastating on marathon, whereas now it's actually less effective on slower games)

Slight change on that great idea - make water mana act like earth mana in terms of chance to 'pop' a plains out of a desert. Have it as a passive effect

Then give Water 1 something interesting to use as a spell! Maybe a Flood spell that makes a river square impassable for as long as the caster remains in it, or something like that.

I've always wanted spring to (at least have a chance to) create new rivers, complete with flood planes, new trade routes, etc., starting at the caster's plot.

I've said it in other places, but I think that there should be some sort of War Weariness decrease for everyone based on the rising of the Armageddon Counter, to facilitate late game smashfests.

Top Bottom