FfH2 0.30 Balance Issues

Again, fire sphere should be weakened, i made some tests with potency of races at OCC immortal raging barbs barb world. Those who rely on fire sorcery spells units have WAY much more chances to win and survive than others (metal line, priests, horses etc.)
It is unbalanced, fire balls and meteors should be weakened for -1 str at least, if not more.

I think that just taking away the fire spell ability to bombard city defenses would be a step in the right direction. Perhaps the Circle of Protection building could make units in city immune to collateral damage from fire spells as well.

i think giving to Earth spere to reduce city defence bonus is right, but no damage (Earshquake - city walls take damage), while Fire should be collaterial damage spell, but no bombard ablity .
With Ring of Warding damge amounts from spells should be reduced greatly.

I still vote for my solution of giving Fireballs and Meteors a max damage limit. It makes them VASTLY more balanced. They are still a most excellent substitute for Catapults, but you can no longer take a city with just an Archmage and a unit to defend it...

yeah and bombard ability should be also moved on some other, few types of mana. Lets say nature, earth and chaos. No more fire elves.
We not playing pvp games because its really serious , up to rediculous issue with balance on meteors.

I think that Bombard makes plenty of sense for Meteors, but not for fireballs.

I also would give the ability to Treants (I did in my modmod, plus made them Siege units so they get promotions)

Exactly, that would solve the fire and siege problem for elfs.

Mildly enjoyable Exploit I just figured out:

Get Brotherhood of Wardens in one of your cities. Drop a Healing Salve between an invader and said city. Kill attacking stack, do not reclaim the Healing Salve. You now have a permanent enemy in range of the city, causing it to spawn a free unit every turn or 2 at no threat to you.

Not too much you can do with a 4 turn unit, but still somewhat enjoyable use of a Healing Slave :)

Get Brotherhood of Wardens in one of your cities. Drop a Healing Salve between an invader and said city. Kill attacking stack, do not reclaim the Healing Salve. You now have a permanent enemy in range of the city, causing it to spawn a free unit every turn or 2 at no threat to you.

Not too much you can do with a 4 turn unit, but still somewhat enjoyable use of a Healing Slave :)

I knew that there was a use for it! ;)

Should, I am reasonably certain that all equipment remains assigned as a unit belonging to the initial Civilization until it is captured.

Minor question that is somewhat related: When precisely does a City get Razed?

I am pretty sure that the cities I have captured always show up with MY CULTURE borders surrounding them when I am asked if I would like to keep it or Raze it. That means that it is MY CITY.

If that is the case, then when I raze the city, it is MY ALIGNMENT, not the alignment of the Civ I attack, which decides if the Mercurians or the Infernal will gain units from the act.

EDIT: Nevermind, I looked closer and the call is for OriginalOwner... so that should request the alignment of the person who built the city, not the one who just stole it (and for that matter not neccessarily the one who owned it for most of the game.... what alignment is the Barbarian Civilization?)

I'm pretty sure that that used to be the case, but now the SDK doesn't check for who currently owns it, but for who has the most culture in the city.

it may just be me but i had the event that my warriors developed tower shields so now every melee unit i will ever produce will have cover 1 seems too powerful to me. if this event is taken from vanilla i could see why it was used in vanilla. you dont really make melee units after you develop gunpowder but in ffh melee units are produced the entire game and this gives them a big advantage.

So, I thought about this one a bit more and realized that it is actually a MAJOR exploit, I just had the wrong building.

If you use the Hall of Mirrors, and an equipable item, you can make unlimited copies of it.

So kill Orthus (while defending, otherwise you capture the axe), DO NOT PICK UP THE AXE, build a city next to it and leave the axe alone until you get the Hall of Mirrors constructed :)

My personal favorite though was getting a Golden Hammer next to my city and adding an engineer to it EVERY TURN. Way awesome.

As cool as that sounds, I think it constitutes a major bug. I just reported it in the bug thread, and recommended that Kael disallows both functions from working either on units of strength 0 or on units that have a <EquipmentPromotion> tag not equal to NONE.

EDIT: Nevermind, I looked closer and the call is for OriginalOwner... so that should request the alignment of the person who built the city, not the one who just stole it (and for that matter not neccessarily the one who owned it for most of the game.... what alignment is the Barbarian Civilization?)

Barbs are "Evil". :-D

They are supposed to be evil (and I'm pretty sure they currently are), although in one version they were accidentally Good.

Top Bottom