FfH2 0.33 Changelog

Dike: +1:hammers: for every river and water tile in BFC.

Weirdest screenshot of Civ4 ever taken linked in the first post. ;)

Is there somewhere that we can get more information on Somnium?

Oh and
41. Obelisk renamed to Monument.
Now I have Monument by Depeche Mode stuck in my head.

Wow, I actually was going to program a ffh card game but I only got as far as making some cards. Now I might actually finish it for .33 as a complement to Somnium (how is that played btw?).

Very nice!

Quick question about Loki's new [Disrupt] Ability. When it says 'Can flip 0 culture cities' is that a % per turn can or a definate will can?

Wow, I actually was going to program a ffh card game but I only got as far as making some cards. Now I might actually finish it for .33 as a complement to Somnium (how is that played btw?).

Very nice!

Outside of the game design I handed the whole project off to Sto for implementation. He did an incredible job! It was originally speced for 0.34 but got moved up because Sto implemented so well and so quickly. Someone in this thread mentioned that there are always a few surprises in the changelog and Nikis-Knight commented "wait until you see 0.34!", he was reffering to Somnium coming.

I wont go into the rules, you can read those on Friday. But a few facts:

1. Somnium is a mini-game included with FfH. It is never required to play.
2. A human can challenge any AI player to a game that he has contact with and isnt at war with.
3. Winning a game gains you a minor attitude bonus with that leader, losing gives you a minor penalty. But these are very minor, Somnium isnt intended to be a strategic element of FfH. Its just a bit of extra polish to make FfH stand out and add some depth to the game.
4. Somnium can be played against the AI in multiplayer games (if your waiting for other players to finish their turn) and without OOS's issues.
5. In multiplayer games you can challenge other human players to a game of Somnium for gold.
6. Different AI leaders will play differently, some are more aggresive than others.
7. My wife has spent more time playing Somnium than she has playing FfH and is bugging me for a stand-alone version.
8. Most of the art used is from Stephanie Law, I really wanted a distinct artistic style to Somnium that stepped away from the deep colors of FfH. We used a few pictures from Jason Engle that matched as well.

Sounds great. Can't wait to try it out. I was really disappointed with the FF games after FFIX cause they didn't have card games.

Sounds great. Can't wait to try it out. I was really disappointed with the FF games after FFIX cause they didn't have card games.

But Blitzball in FFX was better than the actual game.

Hmm...it is probably beyond the scope of what you had in mind and may be mch more trouble than it is worth to try to implement, but I was just thinking that it would be awesome if you could add the ability to gamble over games of Somnium. You would negotiate the same way as in normal diplomacy, but only the side that lost the game would actually have to give up what was offered in the diplomatic part of the wager.

39. Old Fire Elemental graphic brought back, new fire elemental graphic is an infernal unit now.[/IMG]

Is that now an infernal assassin, or something different?

Hmm, does the diplo bonus/penalty stack? If so, imagine the possibilities:
Sabathiel said:
You've burned my cities, slaughtered my armies, and enslaved my people. You've desecrated the graves of my warriors to further expand your undead hordes. You bring nothing but death and destruction wherever you tread. I would have destroyed you for your crimes long ago, were it not for your skill at cards.
or even better,
Ethne the White said:
We've been peaceful neighbors for generations. Our nations flourish and prosper on the trade between our peoples. Together, we fought side by side to drive back the demonic forces of Hyborem, and ended Tebryn Arbandi's mad quest to destroy the world. Yet now, you come to me in my palace and dare to defeat me in a game of cards? PREPARE TO DIE!

Is that now an infernal assassin, or something different?

I played with him in a couple different places. I ended up putting him in the beastmaster slot with 3 pet pit beasts to run around with.

Hmm, does the diplo bonus/penalty stack? If so, imagine the possibilities:

or even better,

As i mentioned its intentionally minor.

Wow. Somnium looks amazing. Really. Amazing. What a fantastic idea. It reminds me of a game I liked alot - I think I still have it somewhere, called Fate. It was based on a show on HBO - Carnival. It looks sort of similiar - card game with cups, swords, wands, etc.

Kael and team, you continue to amaze, just when I think you can't possibly do anything more clever or original to make this game any better...

Does the tolerant trait mean that you can rebuild your palace in one of those warmongering civ's cities to get a very large reduction in war wariness?

Top Bottom