FfH2 0.34 Balance Thread

For me this would depend on the alignement and on the religion of the adversary. The only combinations where it does make sense to get war weariness for your opponents' units getting killed is if a good leader attacks another good leader (perhaps if a good leader attacks a neutral leader). If you attack people of the same religion, there is a separate happiness-malus (can't think what's the exact phrase) and this should rest for the non-evil religions (or at least should be reduced for them. I don't know if an Ashen Veil follower cares so much about this as an Empyrion or Order follower)

Malakim Lightbringers, when built in a half-decent Altar city, can for a little bit of gold become instant, if not always very efficiently promoted, non-disciples. I got a pretty pleasant surprise in this regard when I all of a sudden noticed: these guys could be instant mages, for a few gold. I'd happened to pick Charismatic at an "Adaptive" time of opportunity for Varn Gosam, maybe it would've been tough to get instant level 4 (and therefore, magehood) otherwise.

Anyhow, it was sort of odd that the holy disciple-making city sorta became mage central. Unbalancing? Don't know. Still cost some gold, but why bother cultivating Adepts when instead you can go insta-mage? With the Malakim, it's not like you will end up short on priests who would've been built at the Altar city if you use the Worldspell at a judicious time...

You mean their spores, or were you responding to something while under the effects of mushroom-men?;)

i got the monument inscription 40 times!!! as the Illians and dedicating it every time to Mulcarn things got really fun

Heroes with Twincast can get double hits off of the Shrine of 15% healing since the unit is the one casting the spell.

I grabbed a free Fellowship of Leaves disciple from a ruin and amused myself by founding the religion in a neighboring AI's city which I then captured shortly afterwards. It was very nice being able to plant a culture bomb that way since I got a ton of culture in the area once I captured it and built the shrine.

I grabbed a free Fellowship of Leaves disciple from a ruin and amused myself by founding the religion in a neighboring AI's city which I then captured shortly afterwards. It was very nice being able to plant a culture bomb that way since I got a ton of culture in the area once I captured it and built the shrine.
Huh? In what way is this better than just founding it in one of your own cities?

Huh? In what way is this better than just founding it in one of your own cities?

Because you get the culture in the enemy's area, as opposed to your own - although I never quite saw the need to worry about that, as I usually aim to conclusively end a conflict in a single war.

Heroes with Twincast can get double hits off of the Shrine of 15% healing since the unit is the one casting the spell.

Twincast only effects summon spells.

Sheelba appears to dominate Charadon. What does Charadon have to match the organised trait?

Unmodded? Nothing. In my version his Charismatic trait helps even things out (as do some other improvements to the Doviello, like the Challenge spell).

I got to put a nice culture building where it was most needed - at the edge of my empire in a coastal city that was near the border of another AI - in particular, the next AI that I wanted to conquor.

I also got the benefit of seeing my neighbor switch to Fellowship of Leaves immediately - earning them a turn of Anarchy while I continued to build my armies. They actually kept Fellowship of Leaves afterwards when I took the city and made peace with them afterwards. It made them much more willing to deal with me when I later declared war on them again and made them a vassal.

I note that in the recent version all ships increased in strength to counter water-walking land units units, a change I entirely agree with. However, now fireballs seem remarkably and counter intuitively useless against ships. I propose giving fireballs +100% vs ships, to counter this problem.

I note that in the recent version all ships increased in strength to counter water-walking land units units, a change I entirely agree with. However, now fireballs seem remarkably and counter intuitively useless against ships. I propose giving fireballs +100% vs ships, to counter this problem.

How about we just give Fire Vulnerability to all ships except arcane barges?

How about we just give Fire Vulnerability to all ships except arcane barges?

That would work to. My way writes in fewer places. No need to clutter the ship info/abilities with a special situation when we can add the note to the special situation (fireball) instead.

You are right though, in that it is the ships that are vulnerable to fire, not fireballs are particularly good against ships. If we have more fire units that could affect ships, or if all naval units (turtle, etc) come under the category "ship", it would be better as you proposed.

Cheers.

Could you make it so that Cardith likes giving his settlements away to his permanent allies? That would be a much smarter move than holding on to a bunch of worthless population 1 cities.

i got the monument inscription 40 times!!! as the Illians and dedicating it every time to Mulcarn things got really fun

There is a 4% chance per turn of getting an event. That means that you would have to play 1000 turns to get 40 events, on average. Double events would reduce that to about 500 turns. Thats 40 events in one game, the chances of them always picking the same one (the sign events were added specifically to dilute common picks because they are always available), and always triggering in the same city
is pretty astronomical. Any ideas why you had so many events?

Sheelba appears to dominate Charadon. What does Charadon have to match the organised trait?

He doesnt have to build buildings to produce his units.

This would also make armadas inept against a fireballing mage standing on the shore. Which would be too effective. Im fine with fireballs doing a little but not much damage to ships. The real value of arcane barges is providing support to nearby land units, i dont think they are at any risk of appearing weak. Especialyl now that they are little more griffon and drown proof.

Top Bottom