FfH2 0.34 Bug Thread

Is Flexible difficulty supposed to make you keep going up difficulty levels if you stay in the top 3rd? I had assumed that it was only supposed to move you up or down 1 level, but I've gone from Noble to Emperor.

I thought I'd read that Snowfall wasn't suppose to do cold damage to units with Winterborn, but it does. It is also odd that you can cast for terraforming purposes it in rival territory without declaring war so long as no rival units are close enough to be damaged.

Yes flexible difficulty will keep changing if you stay in the upper or lower third.

Winterborn units arent immune to snowfall (though their cold resistance will help). They are immune to blizzard damage.

The priest units for the illians don't seem to gain free xp because of channelling. Shouldn't they?

Patch "a" is linked in the first post. It won't break save games and fixes the following issues:

1. Timor masks fixed, when the units dead / it used to drop the War sword instead.
2. Increasing difficulty caused a CtD / because it didn't stop at diety.
3. When the Dwarf vs Lizardman lair event was found / it will no longer move your unit stacks around.
4. Fixed an error in lairs when / an unknown unit dwells within.
5. Upgrades from spells can be bought more frugally / if the leader has ingenuity.
6. Unexplorable lairs / dens of lions and bears / will autoraze as they did before / we introduced lairs you could explore.
7. Guardian spawns wont cause you to die / they now use the animal AI.

The priest units for the illians don't seem to gain free xp because of channelling. Shouldn't they?

I can confirm this one; its irritating because being summoned by ritual, they don't get XP that built units normally get either.

Me too. I havent gotten them past lvl 1 yet, do they get inquisition like the other religion's priest units?

Thirded, this also makes getting the high Priests impossible, since the regular priests never can get to level six.

not sure if this is a bug: started a game as the Illians, got a nice start next to Letum Frigus.

problem is that Letum Frigus was right in the middle of a desert :D

Me too. I havent gotten them past lvl 1 yet, do they get inquisition like the other religion's priest units?

Well, they are strength 7, so they can do a fair amount of butt-kicking as combat units.
I think there is a Ritual that levels up all priests to high priests.

[to_xp]Gekko;7333761 said:
not sure if this is a bug: started a game as the Illians, got a nice start next to Letum Frigus.

problem is that Letum Frigus was right in the middle of a desert :D

Letum Frigas also helps the malakim, so i am sure they appreciated the placement.

MAJOR problem, I am playing as Illians at the moment and have researched several techs (3 of them with buildings, one being temple of the white hand) problem is, my citys show ZERO buildings to build, I have NOTHING and im really pissed off at the moment about it.

(Never mind I found the hotfix and it worked. I had to start a new game though O_O ACK!)

:cry:
CtD On End Turn. Just built Catacomb Librarus... Um... Just reasearched Iron Working... AND Last turn the Trojan Horse was made... Don't know if any of those are a factor.
I dled'd patch a... Still happens, does patch a break saves?

Attachments

• CrashEW=(.CivBeyondSwordSave
    173 KB · Views: 89
I just saw an unguarded ruins at turn 30+. Seems a little late, maybe the defenders left for some reason?

Also, the crazed promotion doesn't seem to be granting enraged like it should.

No, Patch A doesnt break savegames!

Just a reminder that this thread is only for bugs. Please take cosmetic issues, balances issues, and general chatting to other threads.

Hush, you spamchatters, open a thread about why u dont like the way Illian priests get there xp! Its intended that way, Illians are mean big time, & need to kill a civ to do one ritual. They get the priests pretty early & 7 str is a good Ouch; lvl them up, get Ice II & they have a nice Ice Elemental as a buddy by their side.

Bug: The gruesome murder event chain, (playing as Illian, patch a)
I chose the increased patrols, next turn I chose to enlist the serial killer to receive an Axeman with 10 xp.
To my dismay he didnt get any xp. Seeing I paid gold for the townwatch & got 4 unhappyness by recruiting him, that didnt make me to happy; since 4 civs declared war on me at the same time, shortly before I finished the Priest ritual, I hoped to get an Edge there, not a town producing at a slower rate now! >.<

I'm not sure if this has been said but when ever I play I have this strange problem with the technologies. To start researching them I have to choose it from the science adviser screen, further more, when its finished, it doesn't tell me, so I've gone like 30 turns without researching anything.

This got fixed by the patch. Its working perfectly now.

With the Final Five option on, Hyborem is being eliminated from the game multiple times. The civ is killed, but the equipment remains so he stays in the game and gets eliminated again.

(I still think it would be better for the civs to turn barbarian instead of being deleted.)

I don't know if this belongs here, but can anyone help me with this problem? When I download the mod, I can't get it to instal, all I get is a useless file that took 3 hours to download. I'm on XP. Oh, and the patch works fine, and I didn't have isues with .32, but had this same problem with .33.

playing with Illians, patch A, I was able to build the White Hand ritual without building Samhain first.

btw, a while after I built Samhain, a message told me that mokka got killed. and the pointer pointed at the barbarian city where Acheron was. looks like Mokka got killed by the barbs, but isn't he a barb himself? is he Hidden Nationality? not sure about this tbh :\

I don't know if this belongs here, but can anyone help me with this problem? When I download the mod, I can't get it to instal, all I get is a useless file that took 3 hours to download. I'm on XP. Oh, and the patch works fine, and I didn't have isues with .32, but had this same problem with .33.

Does the filename end in .exe? If not, rename it so that it does.

Top Bottom