• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

FfH2 0.34 Bug Thread

Yes, and ancient forests are features. :p. So are blizzards. XML-only spells that create features don't work on tiles that already have features.

There is a typo in CvSpellInterface.py, line 1588

Code:
def reqLichdom(caster):
	if caster.getUnitClassType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNITCLASS_FLESH_GOLEM'):
		return False
	if caster.isHasPromtoion(gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROMOTION_PUPPET')):
		return False
	pPlayer = gc.getPlayer(caster.getOwner())
	if pPlayer.getUnitClassCount(gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNITCLASS_LICH')) >= 4:
		return False
	return True

caster.isHasPromtoion should be caster.isHasPromotion .

This is probably what makes liches unavailable.

This was probably mentioned already, but I can confirm that fixing this typo fixes the issue with casting Lichdom. Just load the file into notepad and fix it yourself, if you don't want to wait for the next patch.

Foul

Wouldn't it make more sense to require Liches have no duration instead of making sure they aren't Puppets? That would only require a tiny bit of xml, and would also prevent Hall of Mirrors' Illusions of archmages or Vampire Lords from casting it.

I personally still think it should only be available to living units too so the python prereq could be removed entirely, but Kael seems to think that the Infernals need access to the spell.

Edit: oh yeah, that wouldn't work, as it would remove the limit on how many Liches one can have. Personally, I think it would be better tochange the SDK to make summoning/converting spells never be able to surpass the world or national limits.

2) In the same game, a Hippus city formed new civilization (second Hippus) led by Minister Koun (Philosophical). I never heard about that possibility. (And no, I have no other mods installed.)
Game started and played under the latest patch "g".

There are two different events that can trigger which cause Minister Koun to form a separate civ in a city belonging to an existent civ. In one of them, he will be allied with the original; in the other, he will be completely independent.

Yes, and ancient forests are features. :p. So are blizzards. XML-only spells that create features don't work on tiles that already have features.

Actually the block is in the Python.

Spoiler :
Code:
def reqCallBlizzard(caster):
	iBlizzard = gc.getInfoTypeForString('FEATURE_BLIZZARD')
	pPlot = caster.plot()
	if pPlot.getFeatureType() == iBlizzard:
		return False
	if pPlot.getFeatureType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('FEATURE_FOREST_ANCIENT'):
		return False
	iX = caster.getX()
	iY = caster.getY()
	for iiX in range(iX-1, iX+2, 1):
		for iiY in range(iY-1, iY+2, 1):
			pPlot = CyMap().plot(iiX,iiY)
			if pPlot.getFeatureType() == iBlizzard:
				return True
	return False

I guess I should have checked then.

I really think we need a TempFeature function like the TempTerrain one, which these spells should use. I'd find TempTerrain (and TempImprovement) very useful for a lot of the ideas I've had for my modmod. There should also be a way to change the base "permanent" terrain/feature/improvement and to force a tile to revert early.

You can sacrifice temporary Hosts of the Einherjar on the Pyre of the Seraphic in exchange for permanent fire elementals.

You can sacrifice temporary Hosts of the Einherjar on the Pyre of the Seraphic in exchange for permanent fire elementals.

Are you sure? The <bCasterNoDuration>1</bCasterNoDuration> tag should make that impossible.

Are you sure? The <bCasterNoDuration>1</bCasterNoDuration> tag should make that impossible.

Summon up some Hosts and have fun.
Could be because I'm playing as Keelyn; might be a bad mix with the Summoner trait.

Attachments

• FfH2.CivBeyondSwordSave
    606.6 KB · Views: 45
There is a typo in CvSpellInterface.py, line 1588

Code:
def reqLichdom(caster):
	if caster.getUnitClassType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNITCLASS_FLESH_GOLEM'):
		return False
	if caster.isHasPromtoion(gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROMOTION_PUPPET')):
		return False
	pPlayer = gc.getPlayer(caster.getOwner())
	if pPlayer.getUnitClassCount(gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNITCLASS_LICH')) >= 4:
		return False
	return True

caster.isHasPromtoion should be caster.isHasPromotion .

This is probably what makes liches unavailable.

I don't really know much about modding -- can I just go into the file and fix the typo, or is it not the easily edit-able? I've got a whole bunch of guys ready for Archmage>Lichdom, so it'd be nice to make the fix...

1) As Illians, after upgrading Priests of Winter to High priests of Winter, they are no longer able to "pull" blizzards...
2) In the same game, a Hippus city formed new civilization (second Hippus) led by Minister Koun (Philosophical). I never heard about that possibility. (And no, I have no other mods installed.)
Game started and played under the latest patch "g".
3) Blizzards cannot be pulled into ancient forrest tile. -- Is that a feature?

The first two are intended, and I think the third one is too.

I don't really know much about modding -- can I just go into the file and fix the typo, or is it not the easily edit-able? I've got a whole bunch of guys ready for Archmage>Lichdom, so it'd be nice to make the fix...

Python is extremely easy to edit. Since I assume that you as a non-modder don't have special programs to edit it, you should just use Notepad (there isn't much of a difference between notepad and these programs anyway, but they can highlight some things like if statements and keep track of your parentheses). Just open it, fix the typo and save.

Civ IV is supposed to let you edit python files while playing, but this doesn't work all that well in FfH. If you save a python file while a game is running then it will reload the python modules, and it seems to forget to load files that don't exist in normal Civ. You'll have to restart the game to get it working properly.

Bringing an archmage to the recently captured Spilan, I had him cast Valor. Now Spilan is known right now as "where Acheron, my heroes and beastmasters learn to coexist after a troubled recent past". Sadly, my new recruit hasn't benefited from it.

He's not happy about it. "Whom did you mistake me for, mortal? Barnaxus?", he roars. I fear the surrounding forests may start to burn again, and just have stopped al fires (fires I had earlier started, just because good Acheron had mysteriously failed to do so himself). His newly found ability to walk after a long time is welcome to him, but it could well be a double edged sword as he walks out on me like the Bannor were a boy band and he Robbie Williams. Please, please, change this!
I take it you're wondering why Acheron didn't gain Valor? Dragons are magic immune. Its easy to forget - I recently lost Mind III on all my archmages before I remembered :blush:

first game last night i popped a savant from a dungeon. i chose to lightbulb knowledge of the ether, but no tech..... i'm sure this was mentioned before but i can't find it. it might be an old bug.

When water walking units or boarding parties try to attack ships, it doesn't show the odds.

I just got the event where a serial killer is caught and turned into a swordsman with the crazed promotion and 10XP. I got the unit and it had crazed, but there was no XP.

Also, is it intended that pirate ships/privateers can be killed in port?

first game last night i popped a savant from a dungeon. i chose to lightbulb knowledge of the ether, but no tech..... i'm sure this was mentioned before but i can't find it. it might be an old bug.

It doesn't give you the whole tech, just some research points towards it.

Blight unhealthiness is lost on transfer of city ownership.

There may be a problem with the rust spell as well. I used the spell and in the enemy stack one unit now has the rusted promotion. The other unit, a champion, does not have the rusted promotion but it also no longer has its metal promotion. It said spell resisted too.

Playing a Final Five game (attached), I'm informed my neighbors, the Luchiurp, were axed due to their bottom position.
Their score took a hefty drop, but they remained quite alive. Or, at the very least, I can still talk with them, and they have a non-zero score.

EDIT: I think I found the problem. As Demus suggested below, the Luchiurp had left behind a bit of equipment.
Not Barnaxus, funnily enough. The Luchiurp died out without warning and, a few turns later, some goblins carrying the Scorched Staff charge me.

Attachments

• FfH2.CivBeyondSwordSave
    171.3 KB · Views: 54
Top Bottom