• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

FfH2 0.34 Bug Thread

Horse Archers and other equivalent units with high innate withdrawal chance (such as Kythra) cannot purchase a Flanking III promotion if civ leader had Defender trait.

May be 85% withdrawal chance is a maximum?

Tested with Armelanchier and his Fyrdwels.

Real problem is that Knights with Homeland promotion cannot get immunity for first strikes via Flanking III.

I couldn't get any XP from Malakim tigers when my highly experienced units, but could from my lower xp units. I assume the line is drawn at the 100xp cap, even though these animals are not barbarian or hidden nationality.

I also had an Oasis block my line of sight. I had a unit on the Mirror of Heaven, and could see normally except that the oasis tile beside the mirror blocked a straight line behind it.

I couldn't get any XP from Malakim tigers when my highly experienced units, but could from my lower xp units. I assume the line is drawn at the 100xp cap, even though these animals are not barbarian or hidden nationality.

I also had an Oasis block my line of sight. I had a unit on the Mirror of Heaven, and could see normally except that the oasis tile beside the mirror blocked a straight line behind it.

The xp caps from animals and barbarian are seperate defines, both found in GlobalDefinesAlt.xml. I believe that the animal limit in vanilla civ was 5 while the barb cap there was 10, but both are 100 here. I usually set them to about 500 myself though.

Horse Archers and other equivalent units with high innate withdrawal chance (such as Kythra) cannot purchase a Flanking III promotion if civ leader had Defender trait.

May be 85% withdrawal chance is a maximum?

Tested with Armelanchier and his Fyrdwels.

Real problem is that Knights with Homeland promotion cannot get immunity for first strikes via Flanking III.

yes it is a hardcap. And it should at least be upped to 95% or utterly removed (its hard enough to get there really..)
But the much bigger problem with it is that if you get there still (by promoting a horsemen to Flanking 3 and then upgrading to horse archer / knight for example.) your unit cannot promote any further.
It is a known thing presumably, given how often it has been mentioned already... . Sadly no one has officially commented on it so far.

Perhaps when we continue to comment on it someone might notice / comment. :p ;)

Actually the withdrawal thing was solved and posted during the last version. You just need an IF (Promotion gives Withdrawal) statement to block the IF (Withdrawal with new promotion is too high) check.

Also, the Guardsman not working thing is due to the order in which the units are checked. The targeting program works by cycling through the units in the order they are listed, so attacking a stack works like this:

Stack:
1 - Warrior 1
2 - Adept
3 - Archer
4 - Warrior 2

If a normal unit attacks, the game says:

1 - You are not targeting anything yet, so target this warrior
2 - This Adept is a worse defender, keep targetting the warrior
3 - This Archer is a better defender, target him now instead
4 - This warrior is a worse defender, so keep targetting the archer

If a Marksman attacks:
2 - This Adept is a worse defender, target him now instead
3 - This Archer is a better defender, so keep targetting the Adept
4 - This warrior is a better defender, so keep targetting the Adept

If you give the second warrior Guardsman:
4 - This warrior has Guardsman and you have Marskman, so target him instead

BUT, if you give the FIRST warrior Guardsman:

The issue is that the code doesn't bother to check if the current defender has Guardsman. So if the Guardsman unit is not the last one checked, then the code goes bonkers and messes things up on you.

Actually the withdrawal thing was solved and posted during the last version. You just need an IF (Promotion gives Withdrawal) statement to block the IF (Withdrawal with new promotion is too high) check.

It took me about 5 times reading this and staring at the code to get what you were saying. But I finally got it. Your right, its so weird that it checks this even if the prom doesnt give withdrawal chance.. I'll fix it.

Also, the Guardsman not working thing is due to the order in which the units are checked. The targeting program works by cycling through the units in the order they are listed, so attacking a stack works like this:

Stack:
1 - Warrior 1
2 - Adept
3 - Archer
4 - Warrior 2

If a normal unit attacks, the game says:

2 - This Adept is a worse defender, keep targetting the warrior
3 - This Archer is a better defender, target him now instead
4 - This warrior is a worse defender, so keep targetting the archer

If a Marksman attacks:

If you give the second warrior Guardsman:
4 - This warrior has Guardsman and you have Marskman, so target him instead

BUT, if you give the FIRST warrior Guardsman:

The issue is that the code doesn't bother to check if the current defender has Guardsman. So if the Guardsman unit is not the last one checked, then the code goes bonkers and messes things up on you.

Great job on this, I've never been able to figure this out and now I can get it fixed. Thanks!

Patch "h" is linked in the first post. It won't break save games and makes the following changes:

1. Added the ability to randomize goody huts in scenarios.
2. Fixed an isNone() python error with the Roar spell.
3. Fixed an error in the Lichdom spell.
4. Fixed a python error in the Ascension ritual.
5. Fixed a python error in the Inquisition spell.
6. Fixed an issue blocking units form getting promotions if their flanking is over 90%.
7. Fixed an issue causing defending units to get wopperjawed with the guardsman promotion.
8. New Brigit model art by MrUnderhill.
9. New High Priest of Winter unit model by C.Roland.

about chests:

I played as Ljosalfar for a long time in one game and found a map to a treasure chest. That spawned a zero movement unit that had a flag of Ljosalfar civilization. I never got around to getting it, but eventually I summoned and switched to Basium to kick Illian ass. Then, as Basium, I finally went over to the Ljosalfar unit, which I could still see, and tried to interact with it. I could not do anything. Is this a bug or a feature?

I can understand if only Ljosalfar can get the benefit of the chest, that would make sense cuz only they have the map. But I can also see the logic of letting their permanent allies who can see all their units also be able to interact with the chest.

Patch g. Four oddities from recent games:

1. I captured a giant spider, kept it as hidden nationality, and used it to harass nearby civs. Unless a scout was present it was invisible to them. Several times it got lucky and spawned baby spiders. These were immediately attacked, so I guess these don't have the same invisibility. When one baby got promoted to a giant spider it did become invisible. Not sure if this is as intended because I can't find the Civilopedia entry for baby spiders.

2. When the spider explored a lair and got teleported to another continent, it initiated contact with 3 new civilisations - even though it is "hidden nationality"?

3. No combat odds displayed when my fireballs attack ships.

4. I attacked a goblin with a catapult. The catapult withdrew. In the same turn I finished off the goblin with a warrior from the same city square as the catapult. The warrior moved into the square the goblin had occupied and so did the catapult.

So I am playing Faeryl Viconia, leader of Svartalfar. Up to this point I've had no religion.

Amalanchier beat me to FoL, but I eventually got to it. The normal Disciple of Leaves spawned in a city, and I had the Disciple add the religion to the city.

I get the little pop-up asking me if I want to convert to FoL because it will increase happiness in my cities, etc., and I said yes.

I'm still evil (nyuk nyuk)! I thought FoL would change me to neutral? Charadon took over one of Amalanchier's cities with FoL and he adopted it as well; he's still evil too. I can't post a screenshot or save game now (at work) but will later on tonight.

.34 patch g.

So I am playing Faeryl Viconia, leader of Svartalfar. Up to this point I've had no religion.

Amalanchier beat me to FoL, but I eventually got to it. The normal Disciple of Leaves spawned in a city, and I had the Disciple add the religion to the city.

I get the little pop-up asking me if I want to convert to FoL because it will increase happiness in my cities, etc., and I said yes.

I'm still evil (nyuk nyuk)! I thought FoL would change me to neutral? Charadon took over one of Amalanchier's cities with FoL and he adopted it as well; he's still evil too. I can't post a screenshot or save game now (at work) but will later on tonight.

.34 patch g.

This is intended. FoL is not supposed to change your alignment. In doubt have a look at Xienwolf's manual ;)

1. ... These were immediately attacked, so I guess these don't have the same invisibility. When one baby got promoted to a giant spider it did become invisible. Not sure if this is as intended because I can't find the Civilopedia entry for baby spiders.

That appears to be just how baby spiders work.

2. When the spider explored a lair and got teleported to another continent, it initiated contact with 3 new civilisations - even though it is "hidden nationality"?

All HN units work that way. I often catch a griffon and it ends up contacting most everyone along its quest to fly around the world.

Today I explored a lair and recived a map to the treasure chest. So the chest appears on a 1 tile Island next to the civilization I have not yet known and get's my flag. Due to this happening I have made contact with forsaid civilization even though it was normally out of my reach.

All my Grigori Medics with religion lost ability to cast their religion's spells ... :(

EDIT: emm... Sorry, I didn't notice that Amurites has casted their world spell *shame*

We've just been auditing the ART_DEFs for Fall Further and decided to run the script over FfH 034 - there are a couple of references to ART_DEFs that apparently aren't defined anywhere. They *probably* should never be called to display (IMP_ILLUSION and HUNTER_SIDAR) but if they are for some reason it'd be a CtD. Both were in UnitArtStyleInfos. There were also a few that were defined twice in the ArtDefs.

I don't think either would cause a problem, but seeing as I had the script handy, I thought it may be useful to post them.
Code:
2008/10/29 20:51:24 Art define ART_DEF_BUILDING_PACT_OF_THE_NILHORN already defined in /mnt/net/uberpoolya/Civ4/Beyond the Sword/Mods/Fall from Heaven 2 034/Assets/XML/Art/CIV4ArtDefines_Building.xml
2008/10/29 20:51:24 Art define ART_DEF_BUILDING_AQUEDUCT already defined in /mnt/net/uberpoolya/Civ4/Beyond the Sword/Mods/Fall from Heaven 2 034/Assets/XML/Art/CIV4ArtDefines_Building.xml
2008/10/29 20:51:24 Art define ART_DEF_BUILDING_MONUMENT already defined in /mnt/net/uberpoolya/Civ4/Beyond the Sword/Mods/Fall from Heaven 2 034/Assets/XML/Art/CIV4ArtDefines_Building.xml
2008/10/29 20:51:24 Art define ART_DEF_MOVIE_GREAT_LIGHTHOUSE already defined in /mnt/net/uberpoolya/Civ4/Beyond the Sword/Mods/Fall from Heaven 2 034/Assets/XML/Art/CIV4ArtDefines_Movie.xml
2008/10/29 20:51:25 Art Define ART_DEF_UNIT_IMP_ILLUSION was not defined!
2008/10/29 20:51:25 Art Define ART_DEF_UNIT_HUNTER_SIDAR was not defined!

I may be way off the mark as far as calling this a bug this but I figured I mention it just in case.

Playing as the Illians on patch G I cast Samhain. Immediately after that both Clan of Embers civs in my game cast For the Horde. I am guessing they cast it based on the number of barbs on the map in order to gain more units. However, they did not gain a single frostling unit (I checked via WB), so when Samhain is cast early they completely waste their worldspell.

There were no other barbs on the map except animals so they gained nothing.

***EDIT***

So basically the CoE AI may need to be tweaked so it excludes frostlings from the calculations it makes to determine if it should cast For the Horde.

There may be a bug there SwordofStriker, but I don't think it is what you think it is.

For the Horde only gets orc, lizardmen, and goblin units to join them, not frostlings, so that isn't a surprise.

However, if there is something in the code informing the clan on 'when to cast' the spell based on the number of barbarian units, it likely was counting the frostlings which means it forced them to cast the spell when it is useless.

Now I think about it, that whole area could probably use a bit of a rewrite.

Speaking about the world spell "For the Horde" why must the AI for the Clan of Embers be so ******ed and cast that spell immediately upon starting nearly every single time? It ends up crippling their economy and they can't do anything for scientific research. I've played the bottom five quiet often and ALWAYS the next civ is the clan of embers when I have them play. They're over their heads in units with no economy and no research possible, I must disband units so I can actually get the ball rolling. Just wondering if there's to be a tweak in the AI so they only cast it when actually needed or will disband units when needed to...

Top Bottom