FfH2 0.34 Change log

Holy crap, guys. This was more the change log I was expecting to see when Ice was rolled out. So many things streamlined, so many things made more nifty, frightening levels of power introduced....
Yikes. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

So, big important question here. My kids lives depend on it, and I don't even *have* kids yet.

Does Mahala get 50% off her slave/warrior/axeman upgrades because of her ingenuity trait?

Remember that babies lives are on the line here Kael, DO NOT NEGLECT THE FUTURE GENERATIONS!

I don't see mercenary unit removed so I suppose they are still in. Either way mercenaries are brilliant and I really don't think they should be out. Make tavern a prereq. for mercenaries instead.

I'm thinking of theoretical ways to stop Mulcarn/Auric, and so far I have, from best to worst:
1. Don't let him get summoned.
2. Use the Godslayer.
3. Four really well upgraded immortals, plus Brigit, plus a whole lot of cannon fodder.
4. A lot (I.E. several nation's worth) of cannon fodder.
5. Daleks. Don't ask me how, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
Have I missed anything? And how likely are 3 and 4? I don't have the numbers on me, since my new computer doesn't have Civ IV installed (vanilla discs are at home).

So, big important question here. My kids lives depend on it, and I don't even *have* kids yet.

Does Mahala get 50% off her slave/warrior/axeman upgrades because of her ingenuity trait?

Remember that babies lives are on the line here Kael, DO NOT NEGLECT THE FUTURE GENERATIONS!

The people do in fact want to know. If yes, I am going to have a jolly time playing her in the near future, I think.

13. Added The White Hand ritual (Illian only, spawns 3 disciples of mulcarn).

Is this a one time only ritual and does that mean that there will only be three disciples of mulcarn -> three priests of winter -> three high priests of winter ever?

If it's done via spell upgrade, then probably not.

If it's done via spell upgrade, then probably not.

But could easily be coded to work that way. At least a partial discount might be in order.

...Then again, Mahala is ALREADY the better leader; she might not need MORE of an edge over Charadon. XD

...Then again, Mahala is ALREADY the better leader; she might not need MORE of an edge over Charadon. XD

But Charadon can now hire Scorpion Clan goblins :) Gah, I just love goblins fort.

brilliant changes, I wasn't expecting so much honestly - the Illians are gonna rock :D

great changes to the doviello as well, they're gonna be a lot of fun to play...

and the +1 trade from deserts or malakim is nice, although I'd like the bonus to be more hefty so that they'd rather have deserts around over anything else ;)

like many others I'm very curious to know the reasoning behind the axing of guilds, which brings a drop of sadness in a sea of joy :D

same for barbatos, I'm gonna miss the grim reaper dude... and I'm wondering what the Aifon Isle is about ;)

[to_xp]Gekko;7308639 said:
and the +1 trade from deserts or malakim is nice, although I'd like the bonus to be more hefty so that they'd rather have deserts around over anything else ;)

You can get 3-6 gold for each trade route easily. Thats quite hefty.

I'd imagine Barbatos has been dropped because his home is now a lair to explore....would perhaps be nice if exploring would risk awakening him though...

The way I read it the Guild of Nines hasn't been dropped as such, just the current mechanic of the guild only ever likely to serve the first civ to Currency has been replaced.

The one thing I'm not certain about that is that when I've had the Guild of nine, I've only ever had the guild offering their services event happen a smattering of times - but I'm wondering if that will be fixed by;

10. Fixed an issue where the amount of events are hard coded in the SDK (set to the BtS event count of 176)?!?

I don't see anything in the changelog related to tweaking how AI deals with the Fallow trait, so I think you could borrow the way the Scions of Patria handles this... a free building that provides +1000 food, so that the AI doesn't think the city is gonna starve and it will focus on tiles that actually benefit it ;)

51. Goblin Wastes event can't occur in plots with roads (which includes city plots).

...could there also be a restriction on this so that it doesn't fire up until 20+ turns into the game to give civs a chance to actually do the research to be able to build roads? It's great that it won't affect the city tile itself, but it's irritating that for most civs it often takes place before you even have a chance of taking precautions against it.

and/or would it be possible to add the ability to later clear mess with Arcane units with the Nature I?

Is this a one time only ritual and does that mean that there will only be three disciples of mulcarn -> three priests of winter -> three high priests of winter ever?

I'd like to get some clarification on that too. I suspect the ritual is merely there so as initiate the religion in a unique manner. Once the disciples spread the religion, you can probably make more of them.

[to_xp]Gekko;7308639 said:
like many others I'm very curious to know the reasoning behind the axing of guilds, which brings a drop of sadness in a sea of joy :D

It seems to me that the guilds were mostly cosmetic in their current form. Guild of the Nine was about the only useful one there, but even then it often didn't get much use. Axing them as they are now works fine for me, so long as their intended effect can be worked in at a later date. Gotta clean out the cobwebs before you can hang up the tapestries.

28. ... Unique feature placement moved until after plot normalization occurs

Sounds harmlss, but might affect FlavourMod and it's inner workings a lot. Did you move it exactly after normalizeStartingPlots and does it still happen in the setInitialItems method?

Removing the guilds was probably a very good idea for MP. I've always suspected some of them to be a cause of OOS, especially the Guild of Hammers. Let's see how it'll turn out.

The +1 Commerce is a nice touch for the Malakim, but not nearly enough. Without at least enough food to sustain one citizen nobody is likely to keep the desert.

Overall very nice changes. Sounds very interesting. I look forward to see the new Illians ingame.

wait, is it +1 commerce or +1 gold?

+1 commerce for every desert tile in the BFC? that would be awesome :D

edit: and I agree with Ahwaric about the expanded mercenaries, and on the broken sepulcher explorable only after getting rid of barbatos thingy. :D

Top Bottom