1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 0.40 Changelog

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Nikis-Knight

Nikis-Knight Chieftain

Well, for one it means the Svartalfar and Ljosalfar can be evenly matched.
    For another, it means one might face a whole lot of demon leaders at once.
    (just spelling out the obvious)

2. Avahz Darkwood

Avahz Darkwood Chieftain

Oh well Fallout 3 is going to the dust bin for a while...

3. Psycho_Ivan

Psycho_Ivan Chieftain

What do the flag marks on the scenario screen mean? Is that like the last chapter of a single story being told out?

4. Nikis-Knight

Nikis-Knight Chieftain

Availible. As opposed to finished & locked.

5. Guale

Guale Chieftain

So do the defensive strikes happen before or after combat?

6. Keeper_GFA

Keeper_GFA Chieftain

Seems to be obvious that defensive strikes happen before combat. And really, what point would they be if they happened afterwards?

7. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

Actually, allowing them afterward could be interesting as a seperate mechanic. It wouldn't be defensive strikes then, but rather vengeance strikes, making it so that a battle can end with both units dead.

8. xienwolf

xienwolf Chieftain

9. Verdian

Verdian Chieftain

Sounds interesting! I love the barbarian changes, and the building consolidations. The defensive strike idea for improving (primarily) archery units is excellent. I cannot wait! I just hope my computer can run the scenarios.

edit: Also, it occurs to me that changing the Guardsman promotion to add a small amount to defensive strike, as well as always block the Marksman promotion first, would be a nice change. >_>

10. Ksi

Ksi Chieftain

Destroying the hippus? Anyway, I cannot wait ! Have to finish exams first though...

11. Imuratep

Imuratep Cultist of the Old Ones

The defensive strikes sound quite cool, but I have some questions about them:
    1. Will the defensive strikes of your enemy be included in the winning probabilities of your attacking units?
    2. Do defensive strikes trigger multiple times for multiple archers? So if you have 10 archers each with drill I+II (40% chance of 20% damage) will 4 archers do 80% damage to the unit or just 1 archer 20% damage?
    3. How shall I understand the damage percentage? Does a unit with 10% defensive strike damage deal 10% damage of his own combat/defensive strength or 10% of the enemy units strength or by which factors will the damage be determined?

12. hbar

hbar Constant

Yeah, thank Bhall my last exam is Tuesday afternoon. Might have to skip Christmas this year...:lol:

13. KingOfLands

KingOfLands Chieftain

These changes look excellent, though as at least one other person has pointed out, I'm really going to miss the breweries with the Khazad; they were my go-to for ofsetting the vault mechanic when I was low on gold.

Is there any chance that it can be worked out that minor leaders are available for Multiplayer? I'd enjoy playing on teams from the same civilization.

14. Domingo

Domingo El Desaparecido

Sounds great! ^^

15. sailors dirge

sailors dirge Chieftain

I can't wait to play!

16. EmptyWolf

EmptyWolf Priest of Winter

Arggg...seven more days...the agony...

17. Monkeyfinger

Monkeyfinger Chieftain

Only 1 defensive strike per combat, the archer with the highest defensive strike strength who succeeded his roll does it.

10% of the attacker's strength - (attacker's defense)*2 - (attacker's level)*2

Both are in the last paragraph of Kael's first post.

Though I wonder: what defensive strength is used? Attacker's current defensive strength, or attacker's max defensive strength?

18. Sifaus

Sifaus Adramelech

:worship:FFH2 Team:worship:

19. TheJopa

TheJopa Ĺ umar

Wohooooo!!!!

And I can already see those minor leaders used in Fall into Revolution Mod ;)

20. Schmoe

Schmoe Chieftain

The Defensive Strikes look very interesting, and may be the boost the Archery line needs. A quick question, though. Does Defensive Strike replace First Strike, or does it complement First Strike?