FfH2 Bug Thread

You have the Nox Noctis. Use the reveal spell to allow units to become visible but it will cause the invisibility of the Nox Noctis to never work on that unit again.
not never. If you leave your borders and come back in I think you're hidden again.
I'm pretty sure it works that way. I was playing a game as the Svartalfar with Nox Noctis and Had several revealed units that became hidden again in that manner.
Leaving your borders will not cause a unit that has used Reveal to forego Nox Noctis protection to become invisible again. Upgrading a revealed unit will turn it invisible again, however. Perhaps you revealed some units, left your borders, then returned to upgrade them, and then noticed that Reveal was available again.

I am building Bane Divine in my capital: Dis
Upon completion it kills all my Ashen Veil disciple units when I build it :cry:
I was trying to even the odds... but at least I got a lot of manes...
Im running version 0.41a

Sincerly
the impotent demon :(

Attachments

• Hyborem 1.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.3 MB · Views: 70
I am building Bane Divine in my capital: Dis
Upon completion it kills all my Ashen Veil disciple units when I build it :cry:
I was trying to even the odds... but at least I got a lot of manes...
Im running version 0.41a

Sincerly
the impotent demon :(

Bane Divine kills all disciple units, including your own. So, this is not a bug.

Bane Divine kills all disciple units, including your own. So, this is not a bug.

true, but I would wonder why? The only one it seems to help are the Grigori. Other than that I avoid that one like well the plague.

Theocracy's effect blocking the spread of non-state religions does not work; while I had theocracy, other religions still spread in my land, and they also spread in other lands after I forced them to adopt theocracy.

Separate issue: if you cast Inquisition on an enemy city and then they change their state religion, you can end up with the silly situation of the priest removing his own religion.

Interesting bug I found. With the slavery civic if you kill Abashi the Black Dragon you can get a human slave with the dragon racial and the ability to breath fire (Create a meteor) Kind of silly lol! :lol:

When will the e patch be released? I'm just asking because soon I won't have access to my computer.

this may be a bug or I am missing something. I am not at war and have no privateers/pirates in my waters and yet my city is blockaded, is there anything else that can cause this or is this a bug.

If you revelationed a privateer that was blockading you, the blockade is permanent and there's literally no way to get rid of it for the rest of the game. It's a bug, of course.

Reload an autosave if this is the case.

Thank you for the quick reply monkey and that is exactly what happened, so now I know don't cast revelation on privateers while blockading...and hey I guess I am re reporting the bug.

Theocracy's effect blocking the spread of non-state religions does not work; while I had theocracy, other religions still spread in my land, and they also spread in other lands after I forced them to adopt theocracy.

This is not a bug. This is just poor documentation on the part of regular Civ IV. Regular Civ IV Theocracy still allows passive spread of religions to cities that don't have a religion. They just don't allow other nations to use missionaries to spread the religion.

Separate issue: if you cast Inquisition on an enemy city and then they change their state religion, you can end up with the silly situation of the priest removing his own religion.

You cast Inquisition on the turn you cast it, not on the turn the spell resolves. If you decide to change state religions in the mean time, why would that be any more silly than changing state religions on the turn after the spell resolves?

FfH II 0.41d.

Once again, I got a WoC, on turn 247. I tried it 4 times. I was POSITIVE the Svartalfar are involved (please see post 1722), so I looked at the worldbuilder and lo and behold, the only Civ I hadn't found yet was indeed the Svartalfar.

Anyone, please let me know if you load my game and get the WoC - I'm now a little concerned that I get this pretty much every game with the Svartalfar on the map, and it doesn't seem like anyone else gets this? If other people are getting it also, it appears to be a fairly major bug.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Addendum: I wne back to see if I could fix the WoC. The WoC can be removed by taking the hidden nationality promotion off of the privateer in Nameless Tower. To me it seems pretty clear we still have a bug with the Svartalfar being hidden units of some sort trying to board an HN ship; it reminds me of the problem that Sto found.

Attachments

• WOC-Svartalfar.CivBeyondSwordSave
    275.3 KB · Views: 50
WoC for me as well. the problem is old and well-known, caused by a non-HN unit trying to fit in a HN ship. in this case, the privateer in nameless tower. removing HN from the privateer fixes the issue.

[to_xp]Gekko;8336990 said:
player went No Religion and something whacky happened to his alignment. check it out. http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8336172&postcount=846

Heh, I just registered to post this exact bug, but you beat me to it.

I was playing Elohim, and switched to OO, changing my alignment to neutral. After that I went RoK, and then changed back to no religion. My alignment disappeared, just as in that screenshot. When I went back to RoK a second time, my alignment changed back to good. Was a bit annoying, as I'd been relying on slavery for whipping, and I didn't notice for several turns that my alignment had changed.

I captured the last Luchuirp city, defeating them. (Require complete kills was not enabled, and the "you've defeated me" popup for Beeri appeared after I captured the city.) Barnaxus had not been killed (he was outside the city), so when he was removed his artifact (Pieces of Barnaxus) dropped to the ground. The problem is that the Luchuirp remained in the game, with no cities and the artifact as their only unit. Diplomacy with Beeri was possible, and in fact I was able to vassilize him (thus artificially inflating my score).

Unless the "Require Complete Kills" option is enabled, eliminating a civ's last city should remove that civ from the game.

Attachments

• Beeri Bugged.CivBeyondSwordSave
    357.1 KB · Views: 46
Found an odd interaction between Barnaxus and the Hall of Mirrors Balseraph building.
Firstly, Balseraph is really easy to kill and gives a lovely experience gain. Made a pretty crazy experience farm.
Secondly, and the real bug, once I took the city there were a few dozen pieces of Barnaxus. Killing the illusion left the artifact from Barnaxus's death, and each one could be remade into a fully functional Barnaxus. Keeping him alive becomes a lot less urgent if you have a dozen copies running around. :lol:

Spoiler :

Top Bottom