1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco Callous Calling

I'm playing Balseraph and hit a goody hut later in the game and learned smelting. However, when I build Iron, it does not appear in my cities.

2. mimic

mimic Magic Box

I think you need iron working.

3. WCH

WCH Prince

It was my Vicars (playing as Malakim) in Elohim territory trying to remove Kilmorph from cities with both Kilmorph and Empyrean. Cast the spell, two turns later Elohim convert to Kilmorph. Next turn Empyrean is gone from the cities and Kilmorph remains.

Obviously that makes sense from a spell function perspective... removes non-state... but in terms of flavour, the Vicars just removed their own religion from the city. Also, note that it would have been impossible to cast the spell had they been Kilmorph to begin with. What'd make more sense is for a conversion to cause the spell to cancel.

4. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Deity

Woot, I'm receiving the mysterious "no hell terrain" bug again. (Although I've added some things to Python, no exceptions pop up). Maybe it's Hyborem playing tricks on me to make my mental state confused and dazzled so that it can be an easy prey to his manipulations?

5. Breunor

Breunor Deity

I thought it had been fixed, and it seems to happen with the Svartalfar (maybe after they cast their wolrd spell).

Best wishes,

Breunor-

6. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

I doesn't seem like their worldspell is causing it. I guess this could happen with any civ that tries to put a normal unit into a HN boat.

7. Emptiness

Emptiness []

There's no bug here. Priests can use Inquisition to remove their own religion. The religion change during the casting time is irrelevant.

For example, CoE doesn't have access to priests so I commonly start following a different religion, build some priests, and then change to follow CoE. This gives me some units that can remove other faiths from my cities. Often I immediately use those priests to remove their own religion from my cities.

I can understand why this seems strange, however. One could propose a change to Inquisition so that it removes all non-state religions except the religion of the priest casting it, however I think that proposal would belong in the balance thread.

8. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Deity

A question: where exactly in the Python is the function that is responsible for the Hell terrain? The DoHellTerrain function in CustomFunctions seems to deal only with bonuses and with conditionals of spreading (PlotCounters), or is my Python corrupted somehow?

9. apenpaap

apenpaap Tsar of all the Internets

OK, this is not exactly a bug, but just weird:
    I'm playing as Hyborem having loads of fun wiping out the Malakim, Elohim and Bannor, but I've noticed that I can't raise the Armageddon Counter by razing cities, as the Ashen Veil spreads to them as soon as I conquer them, so I actually end up lowering it that way.
    This may be intended for balance or something, but if it isn't, a solution would be not to add Ashen Veil to conquered cities until the beginning of the next turn. IMO demons should have fun burning cities down.

10. arcticnightwolf

arcticnightwolf Emperor

in Harpy event (( that one with 15 turns of disorder and free Great Bard )) *seriousface* if you have Warrens you receive two bards instead of one ... what a bargain!! in my humble opinion it's one of the best undocumented features, especially in early game !! *fanaticface* :):) (( however unintended undocumented feature i guess *sadface* :( - so I'm posting it here, so noone can reproduce this evil REX starting game strategy *evilface* ))

11. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

yeah, not really a bug, but so damn annoying that it deserves to be in here. please fix :cry:

unrelated: host of the eiretc. ( Law II summon ) can be sacrificed on the pyre of the seraphic for infinite fire elementals. nasty exploit. I don't like to think about the mercurians having it in their territory either. the whole way it works needs to be reworked imho, right now it's either useless or exploity.

12. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

The <bCasterNoDuration>1</bCasterNoDuration> tag still doesn't seem to be working at least for the SPELL_SACRIFICE_PYRE spell. I don't think you are supposed to be able to sacrifice Einherjar. Since you are, I think that the Fire Elementals should at least have their duration set to that of the angel sacrificed to make them.

13. Avahz Darkwood

Avahz Darkwood Emperor

Other than the exploit when do other civs (other than the Mercurians) get an Angel to sacrifice? At the moment I see it as a useless feature or some sort of easter egg that I don't get...

14. Breunor

Breunor Deity

Sorry, but I have to admit I don't think it should change if I understand it correctly (which I admit may not be true).

My understanding is: I can raise the AC either by spreading the Veil or by sacking a city. Either way, the AC goes up 1. If you raze the city, it doesn't have the AV any more - so wither way, the AC goes up one.

Is the idea that you wnat Hyborem to be able to raise the city and effectively raze the AC by 2?

Best wishes,

Breunor

15. Emptiness

Emptiness []

Razing a city doesn't raise or lower the AC by one, it raises or lowers it by an amount based on population size. If Hyborem razes a city (other than a tiny one) the AC goes up 1 for AV spread, and then drops more than one because an AV city has been razed. The problem is that when Hyborem razes a city that previously didn't have AV the AC is lowered based on it's population size because AV automatically spreads to the city before the "do you want to keep this city" dialog is completed, rather than after it is completed. AV should only spread to a captured city after Hyborem has decided to keep it. That way a razed city would raise the AC an amount based on population, and a captured city would raise the AC by 1 for AV spread.

16. Breunor

Breunor Deity

Oh, that does sound like a bug.

Best wishes,

Breunor

17. Bob the Barbari

Bob the Barbari Warlord

Losing Auric Ascended can cause crash to desktop. It seems to be random as I was unable to recreate it.

Possibly known but: in Gift of Kylorin there are Orc Champions that look like humans.

18. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Deity

Can anyone answer my question?

19. TC01

TC01 Deity

Yes, I can.

Code:
    pPlot.changePlotCounter(100)

if pAdjacentPlot.getPlotCounter() > 10:
    	pPlot.changePlotCounter(1)

if pAdjacentPlot.getPlotCounter() > 10:
    	pPlot.changePlotCounter(1)
    I suspect the plot counter is hardcoded into the SDK. (given the way these function statements are written).

20. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Deity

Thanks. That makes it all even more strange.