1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Jan 26, 2009.

1. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

not really a bug, but pretty serious and I wouldn't know where to post it otherwise.

Flames are major FPS killers, and huge swaths of burning sands absolutely destroy low-end computers. playing with "no graphic effects" is not an option since then you could have all your forests burning and not realize it due to no graphics showing it. easy solution would be to change the flames graphic to the one Orbis uses for fire elementals, just made bigger. imho they look even better than flames do now, and they are really easy to render for any pc out there. pretty please ? :D

2. UNIT 666

UNIT 666 One of Many

I mentioned that sort of thing (flame-related graphics FPS slowdown) in the cosmetic issues thread and they gave me the ever-useful tip: get a better computer, bro.

:cry:

They just need optimizations, somehow.

3. Thrar

Thrar King

Is there a way to find out how close a player is to an Altar victory? On the victory conditions page you can see the other victory conditions in some detail, but this one only shows if somebody has an altar - and at that time, they already have won.
    Is it possible to display the current altar stage instead?

4. denev

denev Warlord

There is two Elohim cities "Cahir Abbey" and "Glens of Killybegs".
    Glens of Killybegs has a Guild of Hammers, therefore, both of cities have a forge.
    001.jpg 002.jpg

Next turn, Glens has completed the Mercurian Gate and Basium get the city.
    Then, Glens lost a forge for some reason. (In contrast, Abbey keeps it correctly.)
    003.jpg

After Mercurians found second city "Bourne the Gleaming", next turn, Glens has fallen by barbarians and Elohim and Mercurians have lost the Guild of Hammers.
    004.jpg

Abbey has lost a forge correctly, but Bourne has gotten a forge for some reason.
    005.jpg 006.jpg

I believe CvGame::addPlayerAdvanced overlooks process of free buildings.

5. MacGyverInSpace

MacGyverInSpace Monarch

Re: Patch C .4 Maybe the tech chart, if possible, should, instead of saying nothing to the Clan of Embers playing with the Bannor beside him who have just teched to fanaticism, should say "Enables Crusade for the Bannor Civilization"....

6. xienwolf

xienwolf Deity

doHellTerrain controls all hell terrain, because the Plot Counters control all of it. If you mean you want to know what each terrain changes into and at which Plot Value, that is all set in CIV4TerrainInfos.xml

But most importantly: I would have answered you as soon as it was posted if you asked in the MODDER'S GUIDE instead of the BUG THREAD. I only answer now because speculation is leading to multiple non-bug posts

7. Avahz Darkwood

Avahz Darkwood Emperor

From what I understand :confused: he is having a bug with the hell terrain and is trying to figure out why and how to fix it...

8. Emptiness

Emptiness []

He's not having a bug with base FfH2, but rather with his own personal modmod.

9. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Deity

Sure, but I haven't changed anything related to that. I'm now currently reinstalling FfH anyway, and I will see were my changes the issue or not.

10. BlackArchon

BlackArchon Warlord

Why are Drowns unable to walk over ocean while Cultists haven't any problems (0.41d)?

11. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

That is intentional. Drowns have
    Code:
                <TerrainImpassables>
                    <TerrainImpassable>
                        <TerrainType>TERRAIN_OCEAN</TerrainType>
                        <bTerrainImpassable>1</bTerrainImpassable>
                    </TerrainImpassable>
                </TerrainImpassables>

12. BlackArchon

BlackArchon Warlord

But why is this intended?

13. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

Same reason other units of that level cannot walk on ocean - Balance. Having a religion able to allow you to attack across the ocean within 100 turns of gamestart is a bit much.

14. phildev

phildev Chieftain

This is just an opinion but it seems that having the dragon slayers is kind of redundant for the Grigori. I feel this way because there are only 4 dragons in the game which all hardly ever appear during a game. The number of hero units available to the Grigori in a given game seems mismatched when going up against an ogre horde, which have the same base strength as heroic dragon slayers. I think the Grigori should have more national units, stronger champion units, or something of that sort.

15. Broken Hawk

Broken Hawk Emperor

Because they have already "drowned"? Just kidding. Couldn't resist. :)

16. shapecharge

shapecharge Chieftain

Possible Bug..given the event to inscribe my Monument I picked the +1 Health option. In the building section of the city screen it showed the monument giving +1 health but when I scrolled over the health section the building was not giving me any health benefit.
    In summery even though the monument says its giving you a health its a Hoax its not really helping you (damn must be a govt run health care).

17. BlackArchon

BlackArchon Warlord

Why should anyone pick the +1 health option when +2 food is better?

18. Emptiness

Emptiness []

Please attach a saved game with an example of this problem. Reproducing it could be time-consuming, since the event occurs randomly (and not in every game).

-------------

More importantly, why are you even asking that question in this thread, considering:

19. Sephi

Sephi Deity

the free disciple unit which is given when you research a religion, is given to any leader who has the same civilization as the leader who has researched the technology. If you play a game only with leaders of Civ X and one of them founds a Religion, everyone gets a free disciple.

20. shapecharge

shapecharge Chieftain

Emptiness...Understand unfortunately it was a hot seat game so I just kept playing it and figured I would address it latter. I will see if I can go back on an auto save and post if not I will just wait for the event to happen in a latter game and choose the health option again and see if it reoccurs and if it does save it and post the saved game.
    Blackarchon....regardless of why I would choose that option if its not working as designed its a bug.