FfH2 Bug Thread

[to_xp]Gekko;8357689 said:
units with HN cannot capture enemy units, like workers for example. they just destroy them instead.

That reminds me...

I had a Shadow with Subdue Animal and HN/Mask that could be seen and attacked by barb animals. The tigers were not captured but killed. Shadows without Subdue Animal moved about unnoticed. If this is a bug and a save would be helpful, I can provide one.

Probably something old and known but anyway...

AI's doing something wrong with expanding onto islands. Also I have never seen them send any defenders with the settlers when they move overseas, which usually ends in the cities being burnt by barbarians.

Secondly, Luchuirp are still in the game since Barnaxus was wandering somewhere when they lost their last city (item keeping them alive).

I reported that settler on the island problem already. So there's at least 2 of us noticing it. ;)

I reported that settler on the island problem already. So there's at least 2 of us noticing it. ;)

yeah, me too,
an old AI habit, esp. occuring when they build cities very close to each other!
FFH specific?, cant tell!

edit:
The 3tilesdistancerule is always obeyed on a continent, seems like the AI has problems settling 3/4?tiles away on isles!
I'd say, I saw it more often for one civ & its dependancies; then I'd saw it amongst them.
In my last case, I clearly remember:
Lanun send a setter&warrior couple 3tiles away from one of their coastal towns on an isle & werent able to set it down!
(Well, we had war with each other a bit later & I had to vassalize them; anyway a normal player wouldnt had probs to settle amongst that strategic background!)

Make that three. In my game the Hippus has a settler sitting on an island for at least 6 turns(my caravel was healing next to it), then when I lift they still hadn't founded the city.

Also, I just received the message "Some of your units have gone on to serve the Mercruians in the afterlife" twice after razing an enemy city. The odd part was Ashen Veil was the only religion in the city(I am running FoL, also have RoK and CoE Holycities). Hyborem was already destroyed. I'm wondering if the game tried to give Hyborem some Manes, and gave them to Basium instead when it couldn't give them to a dead player.

EDIT: Erm... I just noticed that entropy can apparently transmute resources into different types. One of my entropy nodes flared up, turning all the resources around it into hell equivalents. Among these was some Silk, which turned into Razorweed. However, when I cast Sanctify to turn them back, the Razorweed turned not into Silk, but Cotton! Since I didn't have any cotton before the change was a pleasant(if odd) surprise.

This is a multiplayer game (0.41d), I am Sabathiel and my brother is Hyborem. But he cannot end his turn. Enter or Shift+Enter doesn't help. What's wrong? How can he end his turn?

Probably not a bug, but in my current game none of my magic units can cast any spells for a few turns now. Was some kind of world spell cast or something?

The game reports the death of your units before it actually happens. E.g., it will say "a spirit guide has moved onto another unit" or "you unit has gone to serve the Mecrurians (sp) in the afterlife" while the unit is still standing there fighting. It really kills the suspense.

In multiple, recently played games Falamar went for FOL and the good Elves completly ignored their favorite religion.

Had a thought about unique improvements some ago (things like Odio's Prison, Remnants of Patria, et al).

The idea is whether it would be desirable to have a player's option to make those unique features that didn't get spawned at the beginning of the game buildable (like city wonders). IIRC a lot of these unique improvement are tied to the legends behind FfH, and as such they wouldn't be suitable, but some might lend themselves to this option. If not, then it might be a good idea to offer an additional set of unique improvements for Civs to be able to construct. First one who builds it gets it, as usual.

Such improvements might tie down a good number of workers, perhaps an engineer, or a mage for a long period of time, perhaps cost a certain amount of gold per turn as well. The unfinished feature can be destroyed (???).

This could include a super fortress, Moria underneath a mountain, a city of the dead, a Brigadoon-like city, etc...

:) you know, i had a similar idea.

see this thread: link

edit: seems i was to slow...

The game reports the death of your units before it actually happens. E.g., it will say "a spirit guide has moved onto another unit" or "you unit has gone to serve the Mecrurians (sp) in the afterlife" before while the unit is still standing their fighting. It really kills the suspense.

well, since units don't show damage anymore, you can kind of tell the combat odds by whoever loses a soldier first...

edit: Oh, I just remembered! I once started a game and had the war heroes event (the baby boom one) trigger when I moved the warrior onto the city tile.

In my current game, I was getting a CTD during the barbarian team's turn. The Clan had cast their worldspell a number of turns earlier, turning many barbarian units into theirs. This had the result of several barbarian cities being entirely garrisoned by Clan units. Deleting the Clan garrison units (or the barbarian cities) fixes the CTD. Is this something anyone else has noticed before?

Additional disclosure, this game is with Sephi's Wildmana modmod, but he does not seem to think the error could be from his changes, so I mention it here as well.

Link to the original post, with save file just prior to crash (the other questions in that post have been answered):

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8369227&postcount=415

When a unit with command promotion turns an enemy unit while defending, the game shuts down, but Vista claims that there is no error.

welcome to the forums Rautavaara. This is just impatience from me, but it's been about 3 days since you've changed the changelog, but the patch is still unreleased. Is there a good reason? Sorry if I come off as rude, but since it will break saves, I don't want to start a new game only to have the patch released the next day.

Yes, an ETA would be very helpful for us forum whiners. :)

Came across an interesting bug/exploit in my current game:

The Amurites and the Clan are both my vassals, kept thoroughly under my thumb. After I got my normal 1 resource (mana, of course) tribute from them, I thought I'd see what I could extort from the Amurites, who are voluntary vassals as opposed to capitulates like the Clan, figuring I'd remedy that oversight as a worst case. Starting small, I demanded 3 mana sources. They agreed. So I asked for every bit of mana they controlled. They agreed. I go back a turn later, and somehow they had obtained 1 each of body, enchantment, mind, water, and sun mana. So I ask for all of those. They agreed. I did the same with the Clan, just to see if I could. They agreed. Now, the following turn, both of my vassals again have one each of those mana. So I extort from them. I currently have 6 body, 6 enchantment, 8 mind, 7 sun, and 6 water mana listed in my city resources (2 mind and 1 sun are from other sources).

I'm guessing these freebies were to somehow make sure the AI had mana to buff and terraform with, but the wholesale capitulation to my unreasonable demands is just too funny (and horribly unbalanced, obviously).

If such an extra mana was a function, it would be wise for such extra mana to not appear at all during diplomacy. and of course, only for AI to gain benefit from the extra mana.

However, I don't think ... iirc ... that this is a problem in my version. I think it may be a bug for your specific version. Are you using any mods, modmods, ect?

Top Bottom