1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Y T

Y T Kourier

Link to attached save might be useless, since its an old version.
    Just seconding the problem showing it still persists.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=7683518&postcount=1222

2. Calavente

Calavente Richard's voice

"The mercurian gate can be opened even before demons arrives on EREBUS !!

buy this newspaper, you will know all about it...!!"

3 recent games I know had someone opening the mercurian gate without seeing a trace of Hyborem.
    -my brothers game (0.40z): ashen veil isn't even founded, the lanun are mated with basium since 100turns.
    -1 game of mine : (0.41a) : ashen veil was founded, but not the infernal pact, as the shaim were razed by basium and his friends the kurios.
    -1 friend (0.41c) : mercurians appeared before the infernal pact : not even a trace of hyborem existence on the end-game powergraph.

I hope it's just our games, but it is rather frustating having someone getting an ally this early in the game

3. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

The Mercurian Gate has not required the Infernals be in the game first since Shadow. This is intentional.

4. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

not really a bug, but kinda serious: when you cast March of the trees, the resulting spike in the power graph will cause all AIs to be very very willing to become your vassals.

5. Calavente

thanks MC.
    I didn't knew that...
    I even refrained from inviting the mercurian due to that.

Do you know why it has been changed that way ?

6. Rystic

Rystic Turtle Wizard

I got this error a few days ago.

error1.jpg

7. shapecharge

shapecharge Chieftain

Yeap this was exactly the issue and I am patched to .41D, not the biggest deal in the world but if the option is there and someone chooses it it should work. I will post a saved game if it comes up again unfortunately I do not have a save from before...also curious if the other monument inscriptions work as designed is it a problem with that whole event or just the +1 health option....Thanks for the back-up YH

8. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

I think it was mostly because the AI was so bad at actually summoning Hyborem that those who wanted to switch to Basium were practically forced to go AV, summon Hyborem themselves, switch back to something else, and then build the gate.

9. Calavente

oh.. nasty.

But it makes for very difficult games when you are out-teched by a good civ.. he become allied with a potentially uber civ.

10. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

not necessarily a bug, but civs that get nothing from a tech should have that tech blocked for them to make sure that the AI doesn't waste a hundred turns on them ( because they will :lol: ) . Elves with Rage is a good example of this.

11. Broken Hawk

Broken Hawk Emperor

I researched Gunpowder while playing the Hippus. No Arquebus or Cannon units for me. I guess I am dumb as the AI. If the pedia states that important piece of knowledge I missed it.

12. Emptiness

Emptiness []

The Technology Advisor (or tech tree, opened by pressing F6) displays civ-specific information about what each technology offers, as you can see from this example:
    Spoiler Tasunke's Blasting Powder entry :
    Consulting the tech tree to make research decisions is a good idea for many reasons, including the fact that it will allow you to see what each technology offers for your specific civ.

13. Broken Hawk

Broken Hawk Emperor

Thanks. That is very helpful. Forgot about Man 'O Wars.

14. Calavente

and you forgot about +1 :hammers: for the mines :D

15. Broken Hawk

Broken Hawk Emperor

Yep. That too. :blush:

16. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

umh, giant spider's chance to create a baby spider is still set at 3% , outrageously low. didn't it use to be a lot higher before it got messed up some versions ago? this way you'll never get a baby spider, and it's not like baby spiders are very useful as well.

and baby spiders upgrading to giants spiders on combat is 2% even worse since they have a very hard time winning a combat already. pretty sure they should be 30 and 20 instead of 3 and 2. wolves and lions upgrading on combat set at 10% seems kinda low too, but at least reasonable. spiders just seem bugged.

17. Morlark

Morlark Warlord

In the psychopath killer event, if you choose to get the axeman, he doesn't get the 10xp he's supposed to start with. Seems like this bug has been around for a while, but a quick search didn't show it as having been reported already.

18. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

just checked in FF, and there baby spiders have 50% chance to upgrade on successful combat, which seems right considering how weak they are. giant spiders have 10% chance to create baby spider from combat, which also seems reasonable. so I guess something is not right here. I remember wolves and lions upgrading chances were wrong a while ago, so I guess spiders have the same issue but it hasn't been solved for them yet.

19. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

units with HN cannot capture enemy units, like workers for example. they just destroy them instead.

20. Y T

Y T Kourier

Pardon me again.
    It was brought up from a few other ppl in the meantime aswell.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=7333994&postcount=95